The Information We Collect
You do not have to give us personally identifiable information in order to access certain of our Services. However, while using our Services, you may be able to search, buy, order or bid on products, enter promotions, sweepstakes or other contests, participate in a survey, complete a questionnaire or other “information request” form, or otherwise subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters, participate in one of our online forums/communities, express an opinion or communicate with our customer service. In order to utilize, participate in or otherwise access such products, services or other offerings, you may be required to provide us with your personally identifiable information, which is information that, alone or in combination with other information, allows us to identify you, such as your name, address, phone number, e‑mail address, contact preferences, credit card information, financial information or information relating to a support or service issue.
In addition, when you download, register and/or use any of our software applications (each, an “Application”), you may provide us with some or all of the following information: (a) your name, email address, age, user name, password and other registration information such as, by way of example and not limitation, your vehicle identification number; (b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases or respond to any offers via the Application; (c) information you provide us when you contact us for help; (d) credit card information for purchase and use of the Application, where applicable, and any third-party products or services available through the Application; (e) information you enter into our system when using the Application, such as contact information; and (f) in certain circumstances, your user name, password and profile information related to your social media accounts, such as Twitter, Google+ and Pinterest. In addition to the uses described above, we may also use the information you provide us in connection with the Application to provide customer service and other requested actions with respect to the Application or your associated user account and/or to contact you from time to time to provide you with important information, required notices and marketing promotions. Furthermore, the Application may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices’ unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use and information about the way you use the Application. The Application may also collect precise information about the location of your device using your device’s global positioning system technology. We may use your location information to provide requested location services, and to market certain of our products and services to you. You may at any time opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by managing your location preferences either from the Application, where applicable, or via your mobile device settings.
How We Use the Information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we share personally identifiable information collected through our Services with unaffiliated third parties only as described below. (Please see “Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information” below for information on how to avoid having your personally identifiable information shared by us.)
- Leads and Referrals – Special Consent: By submitting a request or inquiry about real estate (for sale and/or for rent), moving services, mortgage services, insurance products, credit information or any other products, services, offerings, procedures, details or matters advertised or promoted on or through any of our Services, you are providing your express written consent to be contacted by Boats Group and/or by our associated advertisers, lead customers (e.g., lead or referral service customers), subscribers, professional service providers and other Business Providers for marketing, informational and/or other similar or related purposes in connection with such request. You further understand and agree that you may be contacted by telephone device (including being contacted on a recorded line and potentially by use of automated dialing systems and artificial or prerecorded voice messaging), email, mail or otherwise, based on the phone number, email address and/or other data you have provided in the request form you completed and submitted to Boats Group through our Services. This consent applies even if your phone number, email address or other data is on a corporate, federal, State, local or other do-not-contact type of list or directory (such as the U.S. National Do Not Call Registry). You are not required to consent to receiving autodialer calls, or to otherwise provide this consent, as a condition of purchasing any products or services from Boats Group or any of our advertisers, customers, subscribers, professional service providers or other Business Providers. You agree that your submitted request or inquiry (as described above) acts as your electronic signature for this consent. You acknowledge that for text, SMS, calls and other electronic messages that message and data rates (for example, from your network provider) may apply.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. In connection with their performance of functions on our behalf, we may share personally identifiable information with such companies and individuals as needed for them to perform their functions, but we do not permit such entities and individuals to use personally identifiable information for other purposes. In addition, we may provide non-personally-identifiable information to advertisers and other third parties for their use in marketing efforts for us, themselves, or others. If you are not interested in receiving targeted advertisements or other marketing information or materials as a result of such efforts, you may adjust the settings on your mobile devices to prevent the use of your non-personally-identifiable information in this manner.
- Third Party Promotions: We may send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of unaffiliated businesses that want to market their products or services to you, and as part of these promotional offers we may sell or disclose certain of your personally identifiable information to such unaffiliated businesses. If you prefer not to be contacted by any such business with whom we share your personally identifiable information, you may follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided in any email you receive from any such third party. In addition, you may opt‑out of our sharing your personally identifiable information with such businesses by following the instructions on our Email Opt Out Form, as described below under “Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information”.
- In-House Promotions: We may on occasion combine information we receive through our Services with outside records to enhance our ability to market our products and services that may be of interest to you. If you have signed up to receive our e-mails and prefer not to receive marketing information in connection with our Services, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions provided on any marketing e-mail you receive in connection with our Services or by following the instructions in our Email Opt Out Form, as described below under “Unsubscribe Requests”.
- Protection of Our Services and Others: We reserve the right to release personally identifiable information to unaffiliated third parties when we believe its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Boats Group, our users or others. This includes exchanging information with other unaffiliated third parties in connection with fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice and have the opportunity to withhold consent when personally identifiable information about you might be shared with unaffiliated third parties.
- User Submissions: If you participate in any online forum/communities, chat sessions and/or blogs, or otherwise post in any user comment field visible to other users of our Services, any information that you submit or post will be visible to and may be read, collected or used by others who use our Services. We are not responsible for any information, including personally identifiable information, you choose to submit in any such user comment field.
Your Options Regarding Personally Identifiable Information
Except where we believe the release of your personally identifiable information is necessary or appropriate (a) to allow third party service providers to perform functions on our behalf or (b) to comply with law, enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements, or protect the rights, property or safety of Boats Group, our users or others, you may opt out of our sharing your personally identifiable information with unaffiliated third parties by completing our Email Opt Out Form.
Third Party Online Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to provide advertisements to you when you use our Services. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your use of our Services and other websites and services in order to show you advertisements tailored to your interests on our Services and other interactive media and/or to keep track of your response to each ad. For more information on this practice, or to opt out of having this information used by these companies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page to opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
Cookies and Web Beacons
To enhance your experience with our Services, many of our Web pages use “cookies.” Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s or mobile device’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or reveal other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at one or more of our websites. However, once you choose to furnish us with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
“Web beacons” or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a Web page to monitor behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Web page. For example, Web beacons or similar technology can be used to count the users who visit a website or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use Web beacons or similar technology on our Services from time to time for this and other purposes.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites, Services, Ad Servers and Sponsors
California Do Not Track Notice
Certain websites and other technology can track their users over time to, for instance, provide targeted advertising. Do Not Track (“DNT”) mechanisms allow Internet users to control, and where desired, prevent the tracking of their online activities across such websites and technology. Currently, various Internet browsers offer a DNT option that sends signals to websites visited by the browser about the user’s DNT preference – you can usually access your browser’s DNT option in your browser’s preferences. Specifically as DNT relates to your use of our Services, we currently do not have the capability to recognize or respond to web browser Do Not Track signals and other similar mechanisms. In addition, in the DNT context, other parties do not have the ability to collect your personally identifiable information through advertising technologies deployed in ads that may appear within our Services.
Canada’s Anti-Spam Law
Commercial electronic messages that are sent from or accessed in Canada, including emails and text messages (“CEMs”), are governed by Canada’s Anti-Spam Law and its relevant rules and regulations (“CASL”). CASL requires that any CEMs sent to Canadian recipients in connection with our Services comply with certain consent and informational requirements (generally speaking, CASL prohibits sending CEMs to Canadian recipients without the prior consent of the recipient). Consent may either be implied (which is temporary) or express (which is permanent, unless and until withdrawn). Examples of implied consent to receive CEMs include (i) your having purchased something from us within the past two years, (ii) your download of software included within our Services or (iii) your giving us your business card at a trade show. You provide express consent when you affirmatively elect to receive CEMs in response to a clear solicitation to do so (for instance, filling out a form on one of our websites where the form clearly states that you will receive CEMs from Boats Group). When applicable, Boats Group will ask for your express consent to receive CEMs, and will respect your decision. Under any circumstances, however, you have the right to withdraw your consent — whether express or implied — by completing our Email Opt Out Form or by contacting us via the contact information provided below.
Our Commitment to Security
We have in place what we believe to be reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access of, maintain data security for and correctly use the personally identifiable information you have provided or that we otherwise collect through our Services. HOWEVER, WHILE SUCH EFFORTS ARE INTENDED TO ENSURE THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION AVAILABLE TO US AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES, WE CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE ABSOLUTE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION.
- We work to protect the security of your personally identifiable information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. To assist in keeping your personally identifiable information safe, you must use an SSL-enabled browser (i.e., Internet Explorer).
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password, your computer and your mobile device(s). Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Additionally, change your passwords often using a combination of letters and numbers, and make sure you use a secure Web browser.
How You Can Access or Correct Information
You may obtain information regarding the personally identifiable information that you provide or we collect about you via our Services for the limited purpose of viewing and correcting any factual errors in such information. Access to personally identifiable information that you provide or we collect via our Services may be accessible for a limited period of time after the point of collection. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Services, you may return to that portion of the Services to review the personally identifiable information you provided. Alternatively, you may send an e-mail or letter to the following e-mail or street address requesting information about or corrections to your personally identifiable information Boats Group, Intellectual Property Administrator, P.O. Box 2576, Norfolk, VA 23501 or IPadministrator@boatsgroup.com, subject to appropriate verification procedures. To protect your privacy and security, we will take what we believe are reasonable steps to help verify your identity before providing personally identifiable information, granting access or making corrections.
Access to and use of any of our Services is subject to compliance with the applicable Service’s Terms and Conditions.
To unsubscribe from email communications from us, please enter your email address and select the name of the applicable Boats Group business from the list on our Email Opt Out Form.
Special Note for Parents
Our Services are intended for a general audience and were not designed for children. We are not responsible for any access or use of our Services by children. (By way of example, our Services are not intended to sell products for purchase by children.) If you are under 18, you may use our Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
How to Contact Us
Updates and Effective Date
[POLICY LAST UPDATED July 2016]