Presented For Sale By:
Grand Yachts Inc.
|Location||Sidney, British Columbia|
|Length at Water Line||10.26 m|
|Max Draft||2.31 m|
|Engine Model||MD 2030|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Designer||Doug Peterson / J&J|
|Builder||Bavaria Yachtbau GmbH|
|Fuel Tanks||25 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||40 gal|
|Holding Tanks||20 gal|
A comfortable high performance cruising sailboat
One owner since new
Mint condition inside and out
Thoughtfully upgraded and ready to sail!
Since 1978, this German manufacturer continues to build on its reputation for incredible value. This is achieved by smart, innovative engineering at every phase of production, resulting in consistent, high quality construction. Bavaria Yachts grew quickly, and are capable of building 3,500 vessels per year at their 650,000 sq ft shipyard located in Giebelstadt, one of the largest builders in the world.
All Bavaria Yachts models are known for good sailing performance, practical layouts, and superb access to systems for maintenance. The interiors boast tremendous storage, and are finished in a mix of solid varnished woods and veneers.
In 2003, Bavaria Yachts teamed up with designer Doug Peterson and introduced the Match series of high-performance sailing yachts capable of spirited club racing. The line was made up of a 35, a 38 and a 42 and was in production until 2006.
This is the first time to market for Gryphon, whose owners have just purchased their next vessel.
Over the past 12 years, they have used her actively as a couple's cruiser, and as a fun club racer, turning heads at several southern Gulf Islands events. Never chartered.
Gryphon has been updated regularly, maintained fastidiously, and is in near new condition. The owner's sense of pride is obvious, and deserved! Her sailing performance, comfortable layout, and beautiful lines will not disappoint!
All the way forward is the private owners' cabin, with double V-berth, two settees with storage under, two hanging lockers, plenty of storage lockers and shelves, with more storage under the berth.
The guest cabin is aft and to port of the companionway with a double berth, hanging locker, shelf locker, two opening port lights, and settee with storage under.
The private head is aft and to starboard of the companionway with a manual marine toilet, basin, shower with dedicated sump and pump, and storage lockers including a wet locker.
The salon has an L-shaped settee to port, and a straight settee to starboard. There are storage cubbies, and a shelf above the settees, with more storage below.
The fixed varnished mahogany table has drop leaves on both sides, making for easy access to the settees, and more comfortable lounging time! The table is removable for needed sail storage during regattas.
There are two opening port lights and an opening deck hatch for lots of natural light and fresh air.
The solid mahogany hand-hold through the length of the salon is within easy reach when needed.
The galley is L-shaped, and is to port at the base of the companionway with lots of lockers, shelves and cabinets. Opening port light above.
- two burner propane stove with oven and folding cover
- double stainless steel sink with covers
- top loading 12V refrigerator
- built-in garbage locker
- task lighting
The nav state is to starboard, directly opposite the galley, with a forward facing helm seat and table. Room for all navigation and communication equipment (see section below), with the AC/DC breaker panel close at hand.
- storage under helm seat, in chart table, in shelf outboard, and in locker below the table
- chart light
- opening port light
- AM/FM/CD stereo system
- La Fabrica dodger and bimini on stainless steel frames
- non-skid cockpit sole, side decks and foredeck for confidence and ease of movement
- teak on cockpit seats
- oversize stainless steel steering wheel with leather cover, on molded pedestal
- custom cockpit table
- two cockpit lockers, one shallow, one the full depth of the cockpit
- low profile aluminum toe rail aft
- removable anchor roller
- propane locker
- removable helm bench
- cockpit shower
- boarding ladder
- emergency tiller
- matching Sunbrella covers for mainsail, pedestal, and spin pole
- Cruising main and furling genoa plus:
- UK Ultra Powerhead carbon mainsail
- UK Ultra #1 carbon 153% genoa
- UK Ultra #3 carbon blade
- UK 0.5 oz Airex AP spinnaker
Rigging and Sail Controls
- Selden double spreader keel-stepped tapered aluminum spar
- stainless steel rod standing rigging
- Spectra halyards
- complete spinnaker gear including carbon fibre spinnaker pole
- Selden MDS mainsail cars for smoothly raising and lowering the main
- Harken mainsheet traveller
- Selden rigid vang with Harken tackle, controls split and led aft
- Harken adjustable genoa cars (adjustable under load from cockpit)
- self-tailing two-speed Harken 44 STQ Quattro primary winches
- self-tailing two-speed Harken 40 STQ Quattro coachroof working winches
- self-tailing two-speed Harken secondary spinn winches
- two Harken Speedball winch handles
- Furlex headsail reefing and furling system
- all controls led aft to cockpit through Spinlock rope clutches
- adjustable backstay with 1:96 purchase ratio
- elliptical balanced rudder with stainless steel duplex-shaft and self-adjusting pendulum bearing
Electronics and Navigation
- Raymarine 6001+ autopilot with ST 600R remote
- Raymarine ST 60 speed
- Raymarine ST 60 depth
- Raymarine ST 60 wind
- Icom VHF radio
- compass mounted at binnacle
- Windex masthead wind indicator
- 70 Amp alternator
- 12VDC and 120V breaker panel
- 30 Amp shore power with 50' cord
- Truecharge 40 amp battery charger
- dedicated engine starting battery
- house batteries
Engine and Mechanical
- three-cylinder FWC Volvo Penta MD 2030 29 hp sail drive
- 3-blade folding Volvo prop
- Espar D5W hydronic central cabin heat system
- Lofrans 12V electric windlass with hand-held remote
- electric and manual bilge pumps
Sail Area: 953 sq. ft
Displacement: 14,080 lbs
SA / Disp: 26.24
Bal / Disp: 31.25%
Disp / Length: 164.67
SA (fore): 358.68 sq. ft
SA (main): 360.42 sq. ft
SA (100% fore + main): 719.1 sq. ft
SA / Disp (100% fore + main): 19.8
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
View Seller Inventory
Get a Shipping Quote
Cheap Boat Transport Services - Save up to 80%
Shipping Estimate: Unavailable
Please request quotes and estimates below:
Please request quotes and estimates below: