Presented For Sale By:
|Model||90 Ocean Trawler|
|Location||San Diego, California, United States|
|Max Draft||2.59 m|
|Min. Draft||2.36 m|
|Engine Make||Detroit Diesel|
|Engine usage (hours)||1750|
|Engine Make||Detroit Diesel|
|Engine usage (hours)||1750|
|Fuel Tanks||10800 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||2200 gal|
|Holding Tanks||600 gal|
CALL THE LISTING AGENT ON HER CELL PHONE FOR QUICK RESPONSE!
Just Reduced another $100,000!
Seller is motivated to close quickly!
Steel-hull, Stabilized & Ready for Trans Oceanic Cruising!
IN AN LLC, , could have tax benefits associated with your purchase
With her 90' length, 24' beam and deep hull, this expedition 90’ DeFever Ocean Trawler was built to cruise scenic waters around the world. If you’re looking for a spacious and comfortable stabilized steel-hulled motor yacht capable of trans-oceanic cruises then "Kamahele” is not to be missed. DeFever cruising style yachts are known for their graceful lines with a high bow and sophisticated interiors. “Kamahele” is no exception.
Powered by LOW HOUR Twin Detroit diesel 12V71 engines at 480HP each, she gently cruises at 9 knots with a maximum cruising speed of 11 knots. This three-stateroom, three-head layout plus crew (4) offers you and your guests multiple dining and socializing spaces. This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a sizable yacht from a brand applauded for its practical layout, graceful lines, sturdy construction, and long-range capabilities (12,000 gal fuel capacity) A custom built.bulbous bow was installed for added speed and fuel savings. She offers a softer ride in rougher waters than any other hull design.
So spacious inside that it would make an excellent “moving home".
Premium accommodations, fully equipped galleys, lots of storage, Kamahele is ready to cruise!
2021 RECENT SERVICE INCLUDES:
Engines and Gens Service
New Bottom, blasted to bare metal
Ultrasound testing conducted
Cutlass bearings inspected and scoped
3x coats of epoxy paint
3x coats of antifouling paint
Freeboard painted (AwlGrip)
New 9db VHF
New search light
New CCTV System
New 6db antenna
New depth sounder/transducer
And much more
NUMEROUS FEATURES AND UPGRADES INCLUDE:
12,000 gal fuel capacity
Gorgeous teak and maple flooring
New Washer & Dryer
Aft salon with wet bar, two refrigerators, icemaker, wine cooler, and dishwasher
18' Zodiac Hurricane Tender, recent service
Two Crew Cabins, Separate Captain's Cabin
The list goes on and on and on.......
Don't miss this incredible opportunity!
Call the listing agent on her cell for a immediate response.
2021 Recent Upgrades & Improvements
- The hull below the waterline was sandblasted to the bare metal after which ultrasound testing was conducted. All repairs and maintenance to the hull were completed followed by 3x coats of epoxy paint & 3x coats of anti-fouling paint.
- Ultra Sound Testing conducted
- The cutlass bearings were inspected and scoped.
- The freeboard was repaired and painted with AwlGrio
- All decks were repaired as needed.
- The anchors have been galvanized and the anchor chain was hauled and painted
- All electronics in the wheelhouse have been re-wired with new power supplies.
- New computer
- New 9dB VHF
- New AIS
- New searchlight
- New CCTV system
- New 6dB Antennae
- New Depthsounder and Transducer
- Both main engines and auxiliaries have been serviced including lubrication and fluid changes
- The 30Kw Auxiliary was overhauled
- Two of the bilge pumps were re-built
- Redundant electrical pumps were installed in all of the bilges
- New General and high water alarms systems
- Serviced & repaired the Alfalaval centrifuge
- Pumped out and cleaned all fuel tanks
- Re-built the STDB Davit/Crane and hydraulic lines
- New 10-Man offshore liferaft
- New EPIRB
- New life jackets
- Serviced & repaired Zodiac Tender
This Expedition style, DeFever designed steel-hulled motor yacht is a cruiser's delight. With her 90' length, 24' beam and deep hull, she is comfortable and capable of trans-oceanic cruises.
Originally built in 1983 by the St. Augustine Shipyard in Florida, completed a total refit in September 2003 and another partial in 2007. The entire interior was professionally decorated and completely refurnished in a tropical style. This included all new teak and maple flooring, new carpeting, wall covering, furniture, ceiling panels and Cantalupi light fixtures throughout, artwork, new granite countertops, new linens, flatware, glassware and service for ten. The stern salon was refitted to include a new wine cooler, under counter refrigerator, microwave, countertops, upholstery and trim. The cockpit was redesigned with a new built-in cabinet, sink and seating area, new fresh water wash down, rebuilt stern anchor windless, new lazarette hatch, interior fresh water pumps, new fuel day tank, and storage. All decks, including the boat deck, were repainted with a non-skid finish.
The refit also included new state-of-the-art pilothouse electronics and wiring throughout, new 40kW Yanmar genset and 90 hp Cummins diesel bow thruster, and new 10-ton air conditioning units. A new bulbous bow was installed for added speed and fuel savings along with a redesigned stern, with plenty of room for fishing and a new 700-gallon fuel day tank in the lazarette. The original stuffing boxes have been replaced with German-made dry seal shafts.
There are built-in seating areas, tables, barbecue, refrigerator, and sink topside. Also found here are two 4500 lb. cranes and water "toys" including, (2) kayaks, and an 18' Zodiac Hurricane tender with twin Yamaha engines. Accommodates six in in three staterooms. There are two crew cabins forward and separate captain's cabin. She offers a softer ride in rougher waters than any other hull design.
- New (2007) completely rebuilt NAID Stabilizers
There are two salon areas on the main deck level. Access to Main Salon is via port and starboard access doors. The Main Salon is decorated in “island style” décor and has an open layout with comfortable seating, entertainment center and formal dining area. Capable of handling large parties aboard due to her ample seating.
Additionally, the aft salon has all the necessary appliances and wet bar and boat deck seating for probably 30 people. There are two more under counter refrigerators plus a separate icemaker and wine cooler. There is even a second dishwasher in the aft salon/mini-galley bar combination for larger groups.
All new interior cabinets are finished in bird’s eye maple with granite tops. The entertainment center has DVD surround system, and a video library. Seating for 6-8 guests, Semi-formal dining for six. Day Head Microphor head, vanity cabinet and sink.
Redesigned to professional standards, the spacious galley has stainless steel appliances and ample storage for everything necessary for extended cruising. There is a dumb waiter that transports to the pilothouse and the bridge.
There is a washer and dryer in the guest stateroom area below deck. Crew quarters have a separate washer and dryer.
- NEW washer and dryer in separate utility room
- Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator/freezers
- Frigidaire Gallery stove
- Frigidaire Gallery microwave oven
- 26 cu. ft. Kenmore Elite freezer
- Frigidaire Gallery trash compactor
- Kohler In-Sink steamer/cooker
- Simrad AP50 commercial autopilot
- (2) SSB radios
- VHF communication plus portables
- New fuel and water gauges including sending units
- (2) Satellite telephones and interconnected weather reporting system
- (2) IPIRB
- New marine constant cooling with original system as backup
- (2) Navigation computers
- Security system (camera) - engine room & stern
- Raymarine w/10" screen, (2) transponders (one forward looking)
- (2) Furuno radar units
- Navnet Raytheon L1250 1 kW color depth sounder + GPS interconnect to plotter
- (1) Syncro Master + Matrix computer system
- (2) GPS & offshore navigation programs
- MMC controls
- New bulbous bow (2003)
- 150 lb. stern anchor with 200' x ¾" chain
- (2) 500 lb. anchors with 300'x ¾" anchor chain
- (2) Life rafts
- (2) Revere Coastal Commander 4-man life rafts (new)
- (16) Life jackets (new)
- (4) Life rings
- (3) Tender supports
- Commercial construction radar mast
- (2) Hydraulic cranes - 4500 lb. each
- Kobel fog horn
- Kobel air horn
- Storage facilities
- Hailer Galley Maid bow anchor windlass with capstans
- Galley Maid stern windlass with capstan
- Varo Mega spotlight
- Walk-around decks
- Portuguese bridge
- Zodiac Hurricane tender with twin engines (commercial grade)
- Portuguese bridge
- Command Bridge with wing controls
- (4) Pompanette observation chairs
- Bridge seating for 10
- (2) Search lights
- Dumb waiter
- Seating for 16 guests
- (2) dining tables with large sun umbrellas
- 18' Zodiac Hurricane with twin Yamaha engines
- (2) Kayaks
- Various recreational gear
Great long range cruiser.
Renowned naval architect, Arthur DeFever founded DeFever Cruisers in the early 1960’s. Arthur began his career designing commercial tuna clippers for the San Diego fleet and building cruising powerboats for the Offshore Cruising Society. Arthur constructed his early boats out of wood and steel before transitioning to fiberglass in the 1970’s. Arthur’s designs also made the switch from single diesel power to twin engines. Despite the construction and mechanical advancements, DeFever Cruisers retained their trademark swept sheer, high prow, and displacement hull form. In the 1980’s, Traditionally designed and built to handle long-range cruising, DeFever cruising boats are admired for their practical layout, graceful lines, sturdy construction, long-range, and sea-keeping ability.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.