Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Anacortes, Washington, United States|
|Max Draft||1.55 m|
|Dry Weight||60000 lb|
|Max Bridge Clearance||4.67 m|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||7000|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||7000|
|Cruising Speed||11.51 mph|
|Fuel Tanks||1000 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||500 gal|
Legendary for their exceptional looks, cruising comfort and handling. Very few yachts have the timeless elegance of a Grand Banks 49 Classic. She offers great cruising comfort in three spacious cabins to accommodate a cruising family.
The interior layout, with galley up, includes a spacious master stateroom aft with walk-around king- sized bed, a VIP guest vee berth forward and athwartships single berths in the starboard cabin.
The starboard lower helm has easy access to the deck via a side door. Wonderful 360-degree views from the salon and helm windows provide panoramic views of all of your surroundings. The engine room of the 49 Classic features near stand-up headroom and comes with a washer/dryer. It is accessed by hatch in the salon at the helm station or by hinged steps leading to the forward Staterooms.
The beautiful Interior woodwork is satin-finished teak with hardwood parquet flooring.
This boat has been well maintained and is ready for the next owners to live out their dreams. This Grand Banks has traveled the world and is rigged for diving with an extended swim platform and the wiring for a dive compressor in the starboard lazzerette. Pyeeyd II has been in their loving care since 1994 and has been updated to the highest standard.
Hull & Deck Equipment
- Naids installed in 2001 and serviced in 2020
- Cable steering with new cables and runs
- Swim Step extended in 2001
- 2006 Windows and window frames replaced
- Hull is painted with Alexseal Kingston Gray in 2020
- Bottom was taken down to Glass and rebuilt with Interlux in 2020
- 2015 Steelhead Crane was installed
- 2015 purchased life raft (6M DBC Mfg 5/15 C Pack, SN 5FV15E516), last serviced 2/14/2020
- Extensive canvas work and covers. Maintained and replaced as needed.
- Bullfrog dingy purchased in 2014 with 40HP 4 stroke Honda
- 2 anchor set up. Plow anchor has 250 ft of chain, Danforth has 50ft of chain with 300ft of 3/4" nylon rode.
Caterpillar 3208 x2
Fuel Type: Diesel
Power: 210 hp
- Oil changing system was installed with ports for the transmissions and generators
- 80 amp Balmar Alternator with a solid state Balmar Regulator
- PTO's on both engines for the NIAD stabilizers
- The engines have been meticulously maintained. With oil polishing Racor LFS filters mounted on both engines, the life blood of these workhorses are in pristine condition.
- Oil samples available upon request.
Fisher Panda 12 KW Generators X2
New in : 2000
Hours : 2,000
Electrical & HVAC
- Primarily 12VDC systems with a few 24V DC systems(Thrusters). 20 AGM batteries for house bank, start bank, thrusters, heating/davit.
- Shore power connections on bow and stern
- Xantrax inverter/charger It serves as the charger for the house batteries on the starboard side. There are two 12v chargers, one as a back-up for the Xantrax and one as the primary charger for the house batteries on the port side.
- The engine start batteries are charged by an isolator on each of the port and starboard house banks.
- Charles IsoBoost Transformer installed
- 2 matching Panda 12KW generators installed in 2000.
- 2007 Hurricane Heater installed. Installed 6 AGM batteries for heater and Steelhead Davit supported by Magnum inverter/charger for batteries
- 2015 Washer and Dryer upgraded to 220v dryer and LG washer/dryer.
Helm: Simrad chart plotter 16", depth sounder, AIS, autopilot (w/remote) and radar.
Flybridge: Icom radio, Simrad 12" chart plotter, depth sounder, autopilot (w/remote) and radar.
Sidepower Proportional thrusters bow and stern, including remote. Supported by 4 AGM batteries (2 in the bow, 2 in the stern) with individual chargers in each location. Installed 2020
2020 Cell based Wifi booster/cell and WiFi Repeater upgraded
- 2020 Sirius Signal USCG replacement for flares
- All lights on the boat, except for running lights, have been replaced with LED’s
- Refrigeration/freezer system is cold plate with 2 - 110v compressors. Both compressors are redundant, as there are two coils in each cold plate, on for each compressor system. The most recent update was a replacement of one of the compressors this year 2021.
- Iridium Go Portable and works with cell phone or tablet for e-mail or voice.
Plumbing & Tankage
- Vacuflush heads installed in 2004 with 80 Gal blackwater holding tank capacity.
- Water maker by Water Makers inc. 30-40 GPH. Upgraded in 2016 with new charging pump and self cleaning system that runs once a week.
- 2x 250 Gal water tanks
Length Overall: 54 ft
Beam: 15 ft 5 in
Max Draft: 5 ft 1 in
Manufacturer Provided Description
Few boats today are so highly regarded as the Grand Banks 49 Classic. Her reputation for seaworthiness and dependability is the result of her proven design, rugged construction, and no compromise approach to quality. The GB49 Classic provides the comfort and space of a second home. Two different basic layouts and a number of options and custom touches are available. The galley down arrangement allows for an exceptionally large main saloon - with inside steering - ideal for large scale entertaining. The galley has an abundance of light and ventilation provided by the large opening port. The galley up layout provides an additional stateroom forward with twin berths. Some owners have this extra stateroom designed as a den or seaside office. The GB49 Classic is all Grand Banks, featuring forward and aft staterooms, dinghy storage, and a flybridge that provides commanding views. The real beauty of the GB49 Classic is her intelligent approach to cruising. Wide walk-around side decks, a heavy-duty anchoring system, convenient dinghy storage and launching, well designed storage compartments, and a sturdy swim platform all add up to cruising comfort and safety. Overall, the size and design of the GB49 is ideal for the captain who wants to run his own ship with only occasional crew. Her 60,000 lb displacement provides big boat performance and comfort, and her sensible design makes it possible for a couple to go off on their own for a voyage of a lifetime. GRAND BANKS 49: Serious cruisers throughout the world have chosen the GB49 to take them to faraway shores in comfort and style. With her generous displacement, there is enough stowage capacity for months of supplies and room to carry a variety of cruising gear. Based on the renowned Grand Banks semidisplacement hull design, the GB49 is most economical comfortably cruising at its hull speed of 10 knots. For many owners, the spacious engine room with 6.5 feet of headroom and full hull width is one of the most attractive areas of the GB49. Here, routine maintenance and mechanical inspections are a pleasure to perform. Gone are the days of sore backs and hunching over hot engines. There is plenty of room to easily access all equipment including engines, generator, air conditioning, refrigeration units, through hulls, fuel filters, and more. A Grand Banks 49 was chosen by Sid Stapleton, editor of Motorboating & Sailing and author of The Power Book Bible, to take him on the voyage of a lifetime.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.