Presented For Sale By:
|Model||53 Yachtfish/Cockpit Motorycht|
|Location||Fort Pierce, Florida, United States|
|Min. Draft||1.22 m|
|Dry Weight||55000 lb|
|Engine Make||Detroit Diesel|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Engine usage (hours)||2483|
|Engine Make||Detroit Diesel|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Engine usage (hours)||1871|
|Fuel Tanks||1015 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||235 gal|
|Holding Tanks||145 gal|
The Jack Hargrave designed Hatteras 53 Yachtfish/Cockpit Motoryacht combines all the comforts of a Triple Cabin Motoryacht with the added versatility of a cockpit. She is constrcutred on the same single chine hull as the Hatteras 53 Motoryacht and Convertible models, the 53 Yachtfish is a heavy riding, great sea keeping boat offshore. As with most Hatteras Motoryachts the engine rooms are split by a central passageway leading aft from the galley and both have fore and aft of engine entry doors.
SHELANU is the 3 cabin/3 head floorplan and features a spacious salon with port and side entry doors and wing doors port and starboard to access side decks. She features a great "liveaboard" arrangement with galley forward of the salon lower helm station and 1 guest stateroom in the bow with it's own ensuite head. traversing aft through a companionway are the other 2 staterooms and heads with the master containing an athwartships queen berth, ensuite head and the head is separated by a center shower from the private 2nd guest stateroom.
SPECTACULAR CONDITION BOAT ! ! !
This boat is almost a trip back to original condition 1987 with ALL major improvements in technology as far as new updated Electronics, KVH communications, 13' Boston whaler with New 40 HP Mercury Outboard. Exterior g and Interior woodwork is in beautiful original condition. Owner's purchased her on the Great Lakes in 2021 where she had been for 27 years on Lake St. Clair. They cruised her south to Florida for the cruising experience and have put under 200 hours use on the boat since purchase. They have updated and upgraded this low hour, fresh water northern boat to be turnkey for her new owners . The boat was recently hauled, detailed, waxed, bottom painted and she is ready to cruise Florida waterways, the Keys and the Bahamas or service as someone's winter "Florida Home on the Water" ! Slip may possibly be available for transfer to new owners at prime Fort Pierce marina on the intercoastal if needed.
You enter this area from either port or starboard side decks thru large sliding doors or thru double doors centerline off of the aft deck. You will find it spacious with large opening windows with blinds and custom drapes. In the aft corners there are built-in cabinets with a refrigerator on one side and an icemaker & wet bar on the other. Forward there are leather couches and on centerline a 2 person raised helm seat atop the teak cabinet . There is a new Large Flat screen TV in aft starboard side salon.
You have Excellent 360 degree visibility from this area for operating from the lower helm station.
Deck & Cockpit
Aft of the salon you walk onto the covered aft deck, there is room for a few chairs, the teak tread stainless ladder to the flybridge is to the starboard side. You pass thru Wing doors on both sides to continue forward to the large front deck with built in bow seat, two mounted deck boxes with cushions atop. The Heavy Duty 32 volt Galleymaid Windless is mounted on the factory fiberglass bow pulpit with a teak inlay. Delta style anchor is resting in the stainless steel anchor chute and it is attached to a Heavy Duty Galvanized . The handrails are varnished teak.
A six step Sea-Stairs is stored on mounts inside the starboard side weather boards. Amidship just forward of the pilothouse doors on both sides are the 50 Amp electric hook-up as well as Cable TV & Dockside Water hook-ups.
The cockpit is accessed from the aft deck via a teak treaded stainless stairway, it features a transom door leading out onto the factory fiberglass swim platform with the swing down stainless swim ladder. On the gunnels you will find 4 Lee’s rod holders and Lee’s mounts for dingy Whip’s. There are 3 deck hatches to allow good access below. This is where the spare propellers are stored.
The Galley is forward and down 5 steps from the salon/pilothouse.
This area features white Formica cupboards and counters with teak trim
2 Under counter Zub-Zero fridges/freezer’s
KitchenAid 4 burner glass top cooktop
Built-in GE profile Convection/ Microwave
GE Trash Compactor
Built-in Nutone Blender
Dinette Table with seating for 4 – folds down to make berth
Varnished Teak parquet Flooring
Large opening windows on port and starboard sides
Abundant Cabinetry & Storage
Cruiseair AC Control
Pressure Water System
Queen island berth athwartships with NEW memory foam mattress(2021)
En-suite bathroom with Galley-maid toilet, stall shower, vanity with molded-in sink, large Mirror and plenty of storage
Ample hanging lockers & Drawers
His & Her reading lights
Large opening window aft
Opening Port holes
Cruiseair AC Control
Wall mounted Flat screen TV(New)
Mid Guest Stateroom
Standard size Lower Bed
Twin Upper bunk
Hanging locker & drawer storage
Opening port holes
Cruiseair AC Control
Bathroom across the hall, also serves as the day head.
Galley-maid Toilet, stall shower, vanity with molded-in sink, large mirror and plenty of storage
Forward Guest Stateroom
Hanging locker and drawer storage
En-suite bathroom with Galley-maid toilet, stall shower, vanity with molded-in sink, large mirror and plenty of storage
Whirlpool Stack Washer & Dryer in Cupboard
Opening port holes, port and starboard
Overhead hatch with screen
Cruiseair AC Control
Access to anchor locker
Lower Helm & Electronics
The navigational electronics are laid out in a very functional order. In this area you will also find the Hatteras Breaker panels behind doors and the Hatteras Alarm panel. The engine controls are reliable Morse cable controls, the gauges are VDO, Steering is Hydraulic.
NOTE: No evidence of any interior damage or window leaks. Tracks for sliding glass windows were all cleaned/serviced 2021 and All glass sliding windows open and close for fresh air when AC not needed
- NOTE: Complete inventory of NEW electronics in Electronics Section of Listing
- Ray-line Searchlight controls
- Windless On/Off Switch.
- Chart Light
- Danforth Compass in Stainless Binnacle
- Tank Tender – Fuel, Water, Holding Tank Gauge
- Ships Bell
Owner's Upgrades List Since August 2021
- 4 (New Garmin Chartplotters ( 2 Fluybridge and 2 Lower Helm)
- (New) Radar Garmin Phantom
- (New) EPIRB
- (New) KVH Satellite dome for communications, Direct TV etc.
- (New) Simrad Ais VHF Radio with remotes and chargers (Bridge and Lower Helm)
- (New) Fusion Stereo system with controls in every room, and new speakers. can also be controlled via GPS Navigation screens
- (New) Garmin Satelite weather
- (New) All electronics in network control by any of the 4 Navigation screens
- (New) faucets and Stainless contols Galley and Heads
- (New) night vision.back up camera (Controlled/Viewed at 4 Navigation screens
- (New) local TV antenna for local channels
- 2 (New) Smart TV's (Salon and Master stateroom)
- 4 (New) engine turbos
- (New) engine exhaust/turbo heat blankets
- 8 (New) 8D 8 volts Batteries
- (New) Sentry 32 Volt battery charger..
- Spare props
- (New) fuel fill hose
- (New) Window Blinds.
- (New) canvas Bimini top
- 2 way Cockpit cover with hardware (can be used as cockpit sunshade or drop curtain)
- (New) forward windshield sun shades
- (New) front and side door sunshades
- 13 Foot Boston Whaler Super Sport (Vintage) Aft bridge deck mounted with Davit with New 9 inch Raymarine GPS chartplotter/Fish finder
- Mercury 40 HP outboard and New control on Boston Whaler
- (New) Tempurpedic Memory foam Mattress in Master stateroom
- (New) Hydraulic Steering
- .Port side engine room has an air compressor( for Fenders,Power tools etc.)
- 2 large balloon fenders in Lazarette( For locks on Great loop etc.)
- Stainless BBQ Grille can mount to railing or rod holder
- Radar arch mount for KVH dome (New)
- (New) anchor light
- (New) safety throw ring
- (New) fish pole holder
- (New) door seal on salon door. 2022
- (New) stainless faucet controls in heads and galley
- 5 (New) stainless steel locks that all same key for all outside accessories doors to salon and back of boat.
- 2021 all N(ew) gaskets for water strainer
- 2021 (N)w) packing on shaft for both engine and rudder
Engines and Mechanical Systems/Engine Room
Engine / Generator Rooms
The main Engine Rooms are separated by a hallway, each room has 2 large entrance doors and a removable center panel. Access to the engines and all equipment is very good. The generator room is accessed via a large hinged hatch in the galley floor. Original paint on engines/ Nothing painted over ! !
- 20 KW Onan Generator (1461 Hours)
- Racor Fuel Filter [Generator]
- Shower Sump box
- Bradford White 19 Gallon Hot Water Heater
- GalleyMaid Freshwater Pump
- Kidde Automatic Fire Tank
- GalleyMaid Head Pump
- NEW (2022) Sentry 32 Battery Charger
- NEW (2022) 8 8D Batteries
- NEW Exhaust heat blankets port and starboard
- Fuel Tank Switching Valves
- Glendenning Engine Synchronizer
- Newmar DC Power Converters
- 32 Volt DC Breaker Panels
- Dual Racor Fuel Filters
- Airswept Engine Air Filters
- AC & DC Lighting
- (4) Cruisair AC Compressors
- Air Compressor Tank
- Hydraulic pressure Tank
- 4 air conditioning units/ One is a double split between bow stateroom and galley. All have been recently cleaned, serviced in 2022
Electronics (Note: ALL New 2021/2022)
- 4 Garmin GPS Combination Radar/Chartplotter/Sonar (2 on bridge and 2 at Lower Helm)
- Garmin GPSMAP 1242xsv and GMR 18xHD Radar Bundle
- Simrad Ais VHF Radio with 2 remotes and 2 charges at Bridge and Lower Helm
- Robertson AP300X Auto Pilot
- Dataline Data Box interfaces all electronics
- Garmin GXM54 Satellite weather
- Garmin 942XS Sonar
- Raymarine 9" Lighthouse sport GPS/fish finder on tender
- Flat screen TV's in Salon and Master stateroom
- Fusion Stereo system with speakers throughout boat and controls in all cabins and at each of the 4 Navigation screens on bridge and lower Helm
- Nightvision back down Camera (viewable at all 4 Navigation screens Bridge and Lower Helm)
- Icom Intercom from bridge to salon and galley
Additional Deck and Hull Equipment
- Marquipt 800lb Dinghy davit
- Anchor Windlass with deck and Helm controls
- 2 foredeck storage boxes
- Fiberglass Swim platform
- Dingy Cover
- Molded Foredeck seat with storage under
- Forward Seat Cover
- Helm Cover
- Mooring Cover
- Pipe Frame On Bimini
- 6 Life Jackets
- EPIRB (2021)
- Sunshades Windshield and Side deck cabin entry doors (New)
- 2 Extra Danforth Anchors and line (for bow and stern)
- 1 (New) Force Stainless grille (never used)
This area is completely covered with custom Aluminum Arch/Hard Top Frame. The top has matching (New) Vinyl laced to it. There are two Pompanette helm chairs with footrests and beach seating forward of the helm. The helm pod has a custom raised pod to allow flush mounting of the electronics.
Boston Whaler Tender
- Classic 13' Boston Whaler (1987) Super Sport with Console, recent(not new) 40 HP Mercury Outboard with new Control
- Aft bridge deck is a custom built Aluminum Dingy mount with an 800 lb Marquipt Low-profile Davit which Allows the Whaler to be launched on the port side of the boat.
- Mooring cover for Whaler
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.