GORGEOUS, FRESH WATER ONLY 2000 Carver 506 Motor Yacht, with upgraded Volvo-Penta D12-675 Engines
This open concept vessel is your dream realized! There are not many more fresh water desirable Motor Yachts in this condition on the open Market!
Her exterior lines are well placed and thought out. Carver has always pushed the envelope in this regard, tapping the industrial and automotive industries for inspiration amid the sometimes-stale state of marine design.
The 506 is an impressive design with an appealing modern approach to styling. Her 51-foot, 7-inch LOA and 15-foot, 4-inch beam are common for a yacht of her type, but within those dimensions, Carver delivers a layout one might find on a 60-footer. She has what is essentially a raised pilothouse, fully enclosed and air-conditioned with a comfortable L-shape seating area and halogen lighting. A helm bench for three faces a simulated burled-wood trim dash, and accommodations for typical electronics are integrated in the design. For a bit of fresh air, the 82-by-60-inch tinted glass sunroof slides open at the push of a button.
The 506's afterdeck, also fully enclosed and air-conditioned, is integrated with the raised bridge. The design allows the captain a view aft as well as direct contact with guests on the bridge and afterdeck. The latter has no built-in seating, but the 118 sq.ft. area will easily accommodate a loose seating group and cocktail table. Wing doors lead to the slightly raised side decks, side boarding gates and bow. A third door accesses the swim platform, which can also be used for boarding.
A sliding stainless-steel framed glass door on the afterdeck leads to the saloon, where the advantages of the 506's exterior lines are revealed. Because of the raised side decks, the usable interior space extends full beam to the hull sides, with tangible effects on roominess. An L-shape sofa is to port, with a love seat-size sofa and twin recliners to starboard. A dining area for four is forward opposite the galley, which has wood flooring and molded, simulated-stone countertops.
The master stateroom is aft and has a queen-size island berth with an innerspring mattress. There is a sink area, as well as several cedar-lined hanging lockers. The shower/tub and head are in separate compartments. Two guest staterooms are forward of the saloon. The forward-most rivals the master, with a queen-size island berth and private head with stall shower. The second guest stateroom has two berths and an enclosed head. Kids will love this area!
The 506's interior is generously finished in cherry. Fit and finish are great, and the hardware, fixtures and fabrics are first-class.
Carver's 2000 models incorporate a new structural design in which wood is eliminated below the waterline. The laminate schedule is modernized, with multidirectional reinforcements and a vinylester skin coat for blister protection. A matrix of transverse frames and continuous longitudinal stringers is molded separately and bonded to the hull.
Bulkheads are marine plywood. The hull bottom is a solid, handlaid laminate with six layers of triaxial/mat reinforcement. Foam coring stiffens the hull sides (above the waterline), and balsa-core stiffens the decks and superstructure. Welded aluminum beams support the marine plywood saloon sole, and fiberglass liners define the belowdecks accommodations. Carver has dedicated itself to refining construction practices.
Access to the machinery compartment is through a hatch in the saloon that incorporates the saloon sole and the steps that lead to the afterdeck. Engine-room access is excellent. The machinery area extends the length of the saloon belowdecks, and systems, while scattered, are accessible.
Come check out exactly what this spectacular vessel has to offer!
Garmin GPS-12 inch Color touch screen
- Structural engine mountings-longitudinal stringer span mounting with reinforced, gusseted, welded perpendicular steel plates
- Fabricated aluminum floor frames with stainless steel stanchions
- Hand-laid, molded fiberglass components featuring composite laminate hullsides, decks, and cabintops
- Molded fiberglass stringer system
- Cherry Wood bulkheads, cabinetry, and trim throughout cabin, with high gloss finish
- Solid fiberglass hull bottoms with knytex substrates and Vinylester barrier coat
- Tinted, tempered safety glass frameless window systems
- Unitized deck and cabintop construction with integral aluminum truss reinforcement in cabintop structure
- Cutlass bearings-synthetic rubber composite
- Dripless shaft logs
- Exhaust mufflers-engines
- Exhaust mufflers-generator
- Freshwater cooling-engines
- Freshwater cooling-generator
- Fuel tanks-welded, baffled 502 aluminum
- Hydraulic steering
- Propeller shafts-aquamet
- Rudders-421 manganese bronze
- Seawater strainers
- Struts-421 manganese bronze
- Trim tabs-stainless steel, hydraulic
Water and Waste Systems
- AC/DC distribution panels with magnetic circuit breakers and integral generator and bilge blower controls; AC voltmeters; AC ammeters
- Batteries (5) - deep cycle, marine (12V)
- Battery chargers (2) -electronic, AC-DC converters
- External connectors - CATV, telephone
- Generator - 18.5kW, diesel
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt (GFCI) all 100V outlets
- Shore power connector-50 amp
- Shore power cords-2-50ft
- Shore power retractable-2
- Wiring system-tinned copper strand wire, harnessed, color-coded, labeled, meets or exceeds ABYC standards
- Fresh water system-pressurized (12V)
- Fresh water storage tanks-3-Polyehylene, 158 gallons total
- Shower sump pumps-2-automatic/manual operation
- Water and waste lines-constructed of molecularly cross-linked polyethylene
- Water holding tanks-2-with dockside pumpouts, 95 gallons total
- Water heater- 20 gallons (110V)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.