Presented For Sale By:
|Model||54 Eastbay SX|
|Location||Norwalk, Connecticut, United States|
|Length at Water Line||15.09 m|
|Max Draft||1.32 m|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||4 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||1300|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||4 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||1300|
|Fuel Tanks||935 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||200 gal|
Dragon and Phoenix was briefly on the market in 2020 when the owner was considering downsizing to a used Sabre, but subsequently decided to order a new Sabre 43. Because the 43 delivery fell after the 2022 summer season, we removed the boat from the market until delivery.
The seller of this beautiful Grand Banks Eastbay 54 has owned the yacht since 2009, and cruised her only in New England. An experienced yachtsman, he has seen to her complete, detailed, and open check-book maintenance, whether for routine, recommended, or pro-active care. Among her many highlights are:
- Two staterooms and two heads
- Office opposite galley
- Optional varnished interior
- Optional preferred twin 1000 HP Cat C-18s with a near perfect 1,300 hrs
- 1,000 Hour Service performed at 1,100 hrs. H O Penn replaced after coolers in late 2017. All records available.
- Bow thruster
- Hull Awgripped Flag Blue in 2018
- Mast Awlgripped in 2017
- Awlgripped aft entry doors in 2015
- Engine and Generator batteries replaced 2019-2020
- Switlik Life Raft (serviced 2020)
- Annual oil analysis on engines and genset
In addition to having the most popular layout in this much sought after Eastbay model, her Cat C-18 engines will power through most sea states and get you there safely in comfort and style. This remarkable yacht is in turn-key condition.
Why selling? After 13 years of ownership, the seller is moving to a new Sabre 43, which better fits his cruising objectives.
From the wide teak swim platform, the cockpit is entered through a starboard transom door. The generous cockpit features:
- Engine room hatch, hydraulic, incorporated into stairs from cockpit to salon
- Fold-up ladder on swim platform
- Teak swim platform (17 slats)
- Hinged transom door
- Courtesy lights
- Two large ports for lines
- Cockpit hot/cold shower
- Teak sole (epoxy bonded)
- Glendinning Cablemaster
- Cockpit speakers
- Fresh water inlet
- Two aft facing settees with interior storage flank the entry doors
- Alwgripped double doors to main salon (2015)
Main Salon and Helm:
The open, varnished teak interior gleams, reflecting the light from large windows surrounding the main cabin and helm 360 degrees. To starboard is a long settee covered in dark blue Ultraleather. A hi-low, drop leaf teak table is in front of the settee, and opposite are two club chairs, covered to match, with a custom built teak table between them. A hi-low TV cabinet is aft of the chairs in the port corner.
Matching Stidd helm and mate's seats with chrome pedestals are forward to port and starboard, and can be swiveled to face the salon seating. Forward of the mate's seat, to port, is a large teak counter/nav locker overlooking the galley. Under the counter is a liquor locker.
At the helm the varnished teak navigation/electronics panel accommodates the instrumentation and monitors for all systems.
- All of the teak furniture and bulkheads are varnished.
- The teak and holly sole has a matte finish.
- New white drapes trimmed in dark blue, will provide complete privacy at the docks.
- Reverse cycle air conditioning through-out
- Side windows slide open (2), and all windows are tinted
Galley and Office:
The U-shaped ample galley, which is open above and convenient to the salon, and down 4 steps is to port.
- Granite galley counter-tops
- Two Sub Zero refrigeration and freezer units are below the aft counter-top.
- Above this counter is a Sharp convection oven.
- The Princess electric cooktop, with a matching granite hinged cover, and oven below is outboard. Deep wide pan storage is below the oven.
- The forward counter top has a large deep stainless steel sink with a single handle faucet. Below is cabinet and drawer storage.
- Above the forward counter are additional cabinets.
- Inboard of this counter is a custom teak and glass wine glass and bottle storage cabinet.
Opposite the galley to starboard is the open L-shaped office area with its desk, chair, drawer and cabinet/shelf storage. Forward of the desk and shelves is a discrete custom built cabinet which houses the washer/dryer unit.
A new Fusion stereo and multiple AC outlets are at the desk.
Staterooms and Heads:
Forward to port is the guest cabin with two full sized bunks separated by a hanging locker.
- The TV/DVD is bulkhead mounted on the aft inboard bulkhead.
- There is drawer storage below the bunks.
- Hanging locker between berths is cedar lined
- Pocket door entrance to the cabin.
- Large stainless steel opening ports (2) and an overhead hatch
- Reading lights over each bunk in addition to overhead lighting
Opposite to starboard is the day/guest head and large shower stall.
- Vacuflush toilet
- Granite counter-tops with stainless steel sink
- Ceramic shower stall sole
- Varnished teak bench seat in the shower with additional outboard shelves
- Exhaust blower, 24V
- Single lever faucet
- Mirror with teak frame
The master suite is forward and features a queen centerline berth. To starboard is a bank of 4 drawers and 2 lockers. To port is the cedar lined hanging locker. There is additional storage under the berth.
- The generous en-suite head with matching granite counter-tops and Vacuflush toilet is to port.
- To starboard is the entrance to the shared shower stall.
- Overhead is a large opening hatch.
- Oversized stainless steel opening ports.
- Beautiful teak strake ceilings are outboard of the berth.
- Full length mirror on door
- Reading lamps in addition to overhead lights
- Varnished teak bulkheads
- Varnished teak furniture
- Drawers are solid teak faced with solid wood sides, and drawer slides
- Teak grab rails
- Hardware: stainless steel and chrome
- White headliner with teak strakes
- Varnished teak ceilings (outboard walls) in master stateroom
- Teak and Holly sole
- Reading lights at all berths
- Additional reading lamps in master stateroom
- Lockers with knobs and brass hardware
- AC outlets
- Stainless steel opening ports
- Access hatches in sole
- Reverse cycle air conditioning and heat
- Curtains on all windows
Engine and Mechanical Equipment
Dragon & Phoenix has twin Cat C-18 engines with 1,000 HP. These engines are fast and rugged and will get you through most any seas. D&P has been cruised only in New England, and has been hauled and covered each year for out-of-water hulll and mechanical maintenance.
- *Optional Twin Caterpillar C-18 1,000 HP Diesel engines. At 1,100 hrs, H O Penn replaced after coolers (late 2017)
- Twin Disc MGX 5114A gears
- Side-Power Sleipner Bow Thruster, 24V/DC (serviced and props cleaned)
- Ball valve on all thru hulls above waterline, bronze
- Bilge pumps, manual and auto
- Drip pans under engines
- Single lever electronic throttle and gear shift controls
- Engine raw water intake strainers
- Engine room fresh water faucet, engine room lights, both DC and AC (fluorescent)
- Engine room platform (FRP)
- Engine room sound insulation
- Exhaust system, sea water cooled, with mufflers
- Fuel filters, Racor water separators on each engine (duplex) and genset (single)
- Fuel tank, Auxiliary, FRP, baffled
- Fuel tank, Main, FRP, baffled
- Gas/water separator on exhaust system
- Propellers, nickel-aluminum-bronze, dynamically balanced
- Rudders, Cast Bronze
- *Seacocks on thru-hulls below waterline, bronze (serviced)
- Safety seacocks on engine raw water inlets
- Shaft logs with dripless shaft seals
- Shafts, Temet, stainless steel
- *Steering with power assisted hydraulic (serviced)
- Struts, bronze with rubber bearings
- Sole, engine room, teak slats
- Water tanks stainless steel, painted
- *Oil/fluid samples taken on mains and genset for 10 years
- *Aftercoolers serviced by H O Penn (2017)
- *Northern Lights genset 600 hr service (2017)
- *Fresh Water pump replaced (2019)
- *Water heater replaced (2014)
- *Engine and genset impellers replaced annually
The wiring on a Grand Banks is second to none, and built to last the boat's lifetime with reliability:
- Northern Lights generator. 600 hr service performed 2017
- Orion DC converter (2020)
- Replaced Mastervolt charger
- AC distribution panels, 120V with indicator lights, reverse polarity
- Air conditioning reverse cycle, 4 units: (3) 12K BTU, (1) 6K BTU. Serviced annually.
- Air horn, Kahlenberg dual trumpet with compressor
- Alternator, each engine, 24V (port alternator replaced 2020).
- Alternator, generator, 12V
- Alarm panel, single station w/Engine Oil Pressure and Temperature, Bilge Pumps On, Generator On, Loss of Cooling Water, Engine Room Lights On
- Replaced engine and generator batteries (2019-2020)
- Batteries, AGM glass matte with FRP boxes, lids and straps: 2X8D engine starting, 4X8D house, 1X2D generator starting, bow thruster and genset battery
- Battery condition indicator
- Battery switch, disconnect
- Bilge pumps: (4) automatic, 24V
- Bonding system
- Carbon Monoxide Detector in sleeping areas
- Control panels at helm: horn , windlass, trim tabs
- DC distribution panels, 12/24V
- Engine room blowers, 24V
- Engine room lights: 12V and AC florescent lights 110V
- Engine gauges and instrumentation electronic (Cat MPDs)
- Engine start/stop single station
- Fresh water system, pressurized, 24V
- Fuel transfer pump, 24V
- Galvanic isolator
- Helm and desk outlets, 12V
- Holding tank discharge pump, 24V X 2
- Indicator light, reverse polarity
- Computank holding tank indicator
- Navigation lights, 24V, checked and bulb replaced 2019
- Oil change kit, 24V
- Outlets in galley, office, engine room and heads
- Rudder Angle Indicator 12V
- Shore power inlet, AC, 50 AMP 120/240V
- Fusion stereo (new) with exterior and interior speakers
Nav and Entertainment Electronics
- Electronics were upgraded in 2010
- 2 X 12" NavNet 3D Multifunction Displays for Radar GPS/Chartplotter
- 48" Open Array Radar
- Simrad IS15 Autopilot
- ICOM M602 VHF
- AIS Receiver
- TV/DVD in hi/lo salon cabinet; TV in guest room
- Fusion Main unit at desk, remote control at helm
- Speakers in cockpit and main cabin
- Cat MPDs
- Sirrius Receiver
- *Hull Awlgripped Flag Blue (2018)
- *Mast Awlgripped White (2017)
- *Aft double doors Awlgripped (2015)
- *Switlik Life Raft mounted on cabin-top (serviced 2020)
- Anchor chain locker is self draining
- Anchor platform, stainless steel, has a single roller
- CQR anchor and 200' chain
- Zinc anodes on shafts, transom and trim tabs
- Chocks and mooring cleats are stainless steel
- Deck fills: diesel fuel, water and waste pump-out
- Non-skid on side decks, foredeck and hardtop painted: Moodust by Awlgrip
- White Awlgripped boot stripe
- Engine room vents are Delta-T Air De-misters
- Flagstaff holders, bow and stern
- Teak flagstaffs for bow and stern
- Foredeck lockers, port and starboard
- Fresh water faucet inside forward deck locker
- Grab rails are stainless steel
- Rubrail is heavy duty vinyl with stainless steel cap
- Safety rails are stainless steel
- Port and starboard stainless steel boarding gates
- Skylight hatches with screens and blinds for all cabins
- *Teak toe rail, taken down to bare wood and revarnished by Pilots Point (2015); varnished TWICE annually and in excellent condition
- Trim tabs (single station controls)
- Vents for all tanks
- Windlass is 24V and serviced (2020). Deck controls replaced.
- Windows are tempered glass and fitted flush
- Canvas covers for cockpit seating and front windshield
All Grand Banks Eastbay are built by Grand Banks and designed by the esteemed Ray Hunt Associates to produce an extraordinary experience on the water in all conditions. The exceptionally high quality build includes:
- Cabin soles are FRP composite
- Epoxy barrier undercoat
- Gel-coated fiberglass exterior, hull painted Awlgripped Flag Blue (2018)
- Hand laid fiberglass
- Hydrex resin skin coat in hull lamination
- Hull structural grid: fiberglass mold and foam
- Molded quarter guard with stainless steel rub rail
- PVC foam cored above waterline
- Solid fiberglass hull below waterline
- Modified deep-sea Ray Hunt hull
Additional Information and Exclusions
- Personal gear is excluded, and a list will be provided upon request.
- The name, "Dragon & Phoenix," is reserved.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.