Presented For Sale By:
|Tax Status||Tax Not Paid|
|Max Draft||1.05 m|
|Min. Draft||1.05 m|
|Engine Model||C32 ACERT|
|Drive Type||Surface Drive|
|Engine usage (hours)||1600|
|Engine Model||C32 ACERT|
|Drive Type||Surface Drive|
|Engine usage (hours)||1600|
|Maximum Speed||50 kn|
|Cruising Speed||32 kn|
|Designer||Baia / Galeazzi Design|
|Fuel Tanks||5500 litres|
|Fresh Water Tanks||800 litres|
|Holding Tanks||200 litres|
Sparkling high-spec example of the 50-knot Baia 70 Italia sports cruiser from 2008. Fitted out with hydraulic bathing platform, tender garage, electric sunroof etc etc.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Fully specified and beautifully presented example of this stylish and high performing Baia / Carlon Galeazzi designed, and Italian-built luxury motor yacht.
Powered by twin CAT C32 ACERT 1,825hp engines and driven through a pair of Arneson surface-drives, CHILLI offers performance potential of 28 knots cruising and in approximately 50 knots maximum speed.
In respect of accommodation, she has everything plus more. With her amidships full-beam master cabin, luxurious VIP forward guest suite, further twin guest cabin and separate twin crew cabin, the focal point is her huge inside-outside fully air-conditioned saloon area complete with retractable sunroof.
At her aft end, she boasts a large and very practical cockpit, complete, tender garage, retractable passarelle and a hydraulic hi-low bathing platform.
Her specification highlights are many and include:-
- Three guest cabin, three heads layout plus twin crew cabin with further ensuite heads
- Inside/outside living upper saloon area with electrically retractable hardtop
- CAT C32 ACERT 1,825hp V12 engines with Arneson ASD14 surface drives
- 24vDC bow and stern thrusters
- Hydraulic hi-low bathing platform
- Tender garage
- 20kw generator
- Reverse-osmosis watermaker
- Full air-conditioning system
- Electric galley
- Raymarine radar and plotter
- Satellite TV system
Spanish-flagged, coded for charter and offered for sale exclusive of VAT, CHILLI is a fantastic example of this super-stylish and beautifully-built 50-knot luxury powerboat keenly priced to attract a quick and simple sale.
*** Possibility to include existing Ibiza marina berth if vessel is kept within existing charter management arrangements – Please enquire for more detail ***
Baia has a reputation as a builder of no-compromise, high-performance sportboats. The shipyard pioneered the use of Arneson drives in Europe. Indeed, sales manager Mario Borselli was taught to use them by the inventor, Howard Arneson himself. While the rest of the industry in Europe was looking suspiciously at this specialized American hardware, with its jagged propellers and bizarre, ball-jointed shafts, Baia was demonstrating that surface drives were not just a fringe technology for the leisure sector, but a practical propulsion alternative—one with exponential advantages in performance and efficiency.
In spite of its radical new looks, the Italia 70 is every inch a Baia when it comes to power and performance. The hull and deck are molded in Aramat, a tough, weight-saving Kevlar-glass hybrid. Fitted with two Caterpillar C32s rated at 1,800 hp each, the 70 nearly achieved 58 mph during our sea trial off Cannes, France, giving a firm ride in a two- to three-foot chop with more than three tons of fuel and water onboard. (Baia claims to have seen 60 mph in more favorable conditions.) Once on plane, her straight-line acceleration was nothing short of phenomenal, zipping between 23 mph and 46 mph in 15 seconds…
… The yacht's high-quality interior was designed by Carlo Galeazzi, and apart from its bold use of an unusually pale and deeply grained wenge hardwood, along with expansive panels of moabe veneer, it is particularly noticeable for having a two-berth crew cabin as part of the main accommodation. This is found to port, on the same side as the small galley, with access from the central lobby…
… The two guest cabins, each with en suite heads, are well lit by generous side windows and deck hatches, with plenty of breathing space and headroom throughout of at least 6'4". The forepeak VIP… with a big hanging locker on each side as well as under-berth stowage, it makes practical use of the available space…A twin cabin is on the starboard side, with en suite head access.
The layout of the master cabin is particularly successful, with a diagonally offset double berth and useful quantities of stowage space—under the berth, in drawers in the small sideboard, and in the large hanging locker to starboard…
Unusual for a vessel of this size, the soles in the forward accommodation areas are all on one level. There aren't even any thresholds to trip over in the doorways. The same luxurious big-boat feature is also found on the main deck, which is on a single level all the way from the stern to the helm station. This is displayed to particular advantage by the layout, with its long, unimpeded central walkway, and by the amazing Plexiglas cockpit bulkhead, which is hinged along its upper edge and disappears into the hardtop. Opened up, the entire main-deck area becomes one daytime living space, with a sliding sunroof as well as opening side windows to keep everyone cool. There is a big hi-lo TV to port—you can watch it in either position—and with the three folding fabric stools deployed, the dining table seats six in comfort.
Farther aft, the cockpit opens out towards the transom, the sofas curving away on each side to accentuate the uninterrupted expanse of floor. The cockpit table can be lowered to turn the aft sofa into a sunlounging area. The way the seat back provides support on three sides makes this especially versatile and comfortable. In the stern the centre section of the transom and swim platform lifts up in one piece to reveal the tender garage, which is big enough for an 11-foot jetRIB.
Extracts from review by powerandmotoryacht.com – December 2007
With over fifty years’ experience producing high performance contemporary luxury motor yachts, Baia Yachts has firmly established itself as one of Italy’s leading companies in yacht production. Baia’s passionate attention to detail and commitment to innovation has placed the company at the forefront of many advances of yacht design over the years. Their continual efforts to improve their line has propelled Baia from their origins as a diminutive company building wooden hulled day cruisers for local buyers in Naples to an internationally recognized powerhouse producing a wide range of all-fiberglass yachts valued for their outstanding performance and luxurious accommodations.
Baia Yachts’ history begins in 1961 with Mericraft, a small facility producing wooden boats in Naples. In 1968, the company relocated to Baia, a port on the Gulf of Naples with an established seafaring tradition that provided an abundance of talented artisans. Management problems threatened the completion of a restoration project for the Capasso family, and in 1972, the Capassos purchased the shipyard and rechristened it Cantieri di Baia. The company launched their revolutionary yacht Pascià in 1997, a vessel notable for her wide round stern, fiberglass structure and hull, and elegant teak decking and interior.
1980 marked a turning point in Baia production, when the company began making boats entirely out of counter molded fiberglass. Their new motoryacht, the B81, which sat low in the water and featured an attractive line, enjoyed such popularity that the company went on to produce 106 models over the next 10 years. The 1983 launch of Baia’s new motor yacht series B50, a fast yacht with brilliant performance and elegant sleek lines that was extremely popular in the American market, propelled the company to international recognition.
Baia made the strategic decision to concentrate on the production of large-sized Open superyachts in 1986, in a move to meet rising domestic demand and spread into new markets. The company’s B80 superyacht, released six years later, was well-received by the international community; its renewed technologically advanced version Open cruiser sails the seas at 50 knots to this day. The same year the company joined the world of cabin cruisers with the production of their first 105′ Baia super yacht.
The next several decades saw Baia Yachts continuing its foray into international markets as it opened dealerships around the world. The Italian shipyard introduced several innovations to the field, including a 48′ “Coupe,” the first Convertible of the Sea, and the Italia 70, a vessel with a back door that retracted into the ceiling to create enormous open usable space on the main deck. Baia’s ongoing research and development of original technologies and materials ensures their vessels are consistently on the forefront of design. They currently produce an entire line of cruisers, cabin cruisers, fast cruisers and fast commuters ranging from 43 feet to over 100 feet that thrill with the blend of high performance and beauty that is uniquely Baia.
- Our understanding is that this vessel complies with the European Union’s Recreational Craft Directive
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Aramat (GRP/Kevlar hybrid) hull, deck and superstructure construction
- Grey vinyl wrapped topsides and exposed deck areas
- Deep V-hull
- Raised GRP bulwarks
- Teak laid side decks, cockpit and bathing platform
- Electrically retractable sunroof in saloon area
Engine & gearbox:
- 2 x CAT C32 ACERT V12 diesel engines supplying approx. 1,825hp each
- Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intakes and heat exchangers
- BAIA Nav Control monitoring system for CATERPILLAR
- Electronic throttles
- Freshwater supply point in engine room
- Engine room extractor fans
Performance & Maintenance:
- Engine hours: 1.600 as of Spring 2022
- Date of last engine service – February 2022
- Cruising speed: approx. 32 Knots
- Maximum speed: approx 50 knots
- Range – Approx 340Nm
Propulsion & Steering:
- Arneson ASD14 surface drives
- 24vDC Bow thruster
- Power-assisted hydraulic steering
- Trim tabs with indicators
- 24vDC domestic system with 220vAC via shore power, generators or inverter
- Engine start battery bank
- Service battery bank
- Generator start battery
Charging & Inverter:
- 24vDC battery charger for auxiliary batteries
- 24vDC battery charger for engine start batteries
- 24/ 2.5kw AC inverter
- Engine mounted alternators
- 20kw Kohler generator
- Generator hours – approx. 3003 as of May 2022
- Date of last generator service – Spring 2022
- 2x 220vAC shore power connections with 220vAC sockets in interior
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Water is pressurised by 24vDC high-pressure pump systems
- Filter for fresh water supply
- Hot & cold freshwater pressurised water supply throughout
- Hot water boiler tanks via 220v immersion heater element or engine-driven calorifier.
- 220vAC reverse osmosis watermaker
- Automatic electric bilge pumps (with manual override)
- High-capacity manual bilge pump with valve system
Black & Grey Water:
- Black water discharges to holding tank
- Grey water discharges to sea
- 5,500 litres of fuel capacity
- Fuel gauges on helm console
- 800 litres fresh water capacity
- Water level gauge
- 200 litres black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine GPS radar chart plotter display
- Raymarine open-array radar scanner
- Raymarine autopilot control
- Raymarine speed and depth transducers
- Steering compass
- VHF with DSC
- 220vAC ceramic electric hob with 4x burners
- Extractor fan
- Unkel combination 220vAC oven/microwave
- 2 x Bosch Fridge and deep freezer
- Tecma 24vDC electric vacuum flush freshwater heads in all heads
- Sinks and showers with hot & cold water supply
- Bidet for master cabin ensuite
Heating & Ventilation:
- 220vAC Reverse cycle air-conditioning system with 72,000 BTU output
- Stereo system in each accommodation cabin
- Void and JL Audio Speakers
- Void stereo system in upper saloon/cockpit area
- 4 x Sharp TVs
- LCD TV in two guest cabins
- Guest accommodation for six in full beam master suite amidships, VIP double master cabin froward and further twin guest cabin. All cabins have ensuite heads.
- Crew accommodation amidships with twin berths and ensuite heads.
- High-quality interior designed by Carlo Galeazzi
- Bold use of pale and deeply grained wenge hardwood, along with panels of moabe veneer
Accommodation Layout from Forwards:
- VIP double guest cabin forward with twin hanging lockers and enquiry heads with separate show aft to port.
- Guest twin cabin aft to starboard with ensuite heads with separate shower aft, also acting as day-heads with separate access from main corridor.
- Galley aft to port.
- Twin bunk crew cabin aft of galley to port with ensuite heads.
- Master cabin amidships aft with diagonal king size double aft to starboard and seating area to port. Large ensuite heads with bidet and walk-in shower.
- Upper saloon area with inside/outside living spaces. Upper galley area forward to port with sink and fridge. L-shaped seating opposite to starboard with height-adjustable table. Counter to port with hi-low TV.
- Hydraulic telescopic passarelle with remote control
- Hi-low hydraulic extended bathing platform
- Stainless steel guardrails and pulpit
- Tender garage with electro-hydraulic operation and storage
- Hard top with electrically operated sliding sunroof
- Swimming ladder
- Foredeck bathing area
- U-shaped sofa with leather upholstery
- Cockpit table lowering to create large sunpad
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lofrans 2kw 24vDC anchor windlass
- Anchor and chain
- Anchor wash facility
- 24vDC stern mooring windlass
- Stainless steel bow, stern and spring cleats (8)
- Warps & fenders
- Duroman 2.0 meters tender
- Yamaha 15Hp outboard engine
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- Life jackets
- Automatic/manual override fire extinguishers in engine room with warning system at helm position
- Hand-operated fire extinguishers
Grabau International Palma offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International Palma provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.