Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States|
|Max Draft||1.17 m|
|Min. Draft||0.99 m|
|Dry Weight||35053 lb|
|Max Bridge Clearance||5.69 m|
|Engine Model||Deep Blue 80|
|Engine Model||Deep Blue 80|
|Fuel Tanks||290 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||180 gal|
|Holding Tanks||63 gal|
First Edition is a custom Aquila 44 power catamaran that has been modified into a 50’ hybrid electric yacht with a custom solar roof. In 2019, brand new and straight from the factory, she was refitted with a state-of-the-art hybrid propulsion system by Torqeedo and an integrated solar roof large enough to keep up with hotel needs including air conditioning. She can cruise silently for 25 miles and her quiet diesel generator extends her range to 800 miles.
Serious interests only may contact the owner directly to discuss.
After 55 years of racing and cruising sailboats and a decade as a living aboard various sailing yachts, her owner wanted an environmentally friendly sustainable power catamaran. Of the power catamarans on the market, he liked the Aquila 44 best. With the factory unwilling to offer an eco propulsion/solar system, he assembled a talented team of professionals to install the Deep Blue 80 system and modify the factory roof to accommodate a large (5.6kW) solar array. He collaborated with two world-renowned naval architects that specialize in catamarans to design and lengthen the hull for better performance and stability at sea.
She was delivered new from the factory in January 2019. The two Volvo-Penta 300hp diesel engines were replaced with Torqeedo’s state-of-the-art 50kW electric drive motors. Two 40kW BMWi3 batteries now occupy the space the large fuel tanks once used. Her 25kW DC WhisperPower generator allows for quieter passage making with much less exhaust fumes.
It took one year of planning and eight months for the refit. She now sips fuel (less than 2gph) and her range was extended. She has a 900 nautical miles range at 6.5 knots (top speed 9 knots) and she does this more quietly and with far fewer emissions. She now gets to her destination at speeds sailors and trawler captains are accustomed to with a carbon footprint that an environmentalist can live with.
Her factory roof was removed and modified to accommodate 16 350-watt solar panels making her carbon footprint close to zero at anchor.
In 2020, her hulls were modified adding 6’ giving her a 50’ waterline and adding 3,500lbs of buoyancy. The extended hulls are 20% more efficient than the factory hulls at displacement speeds. She now sits properly on her lines rather than stern-heavy like other Aquila 44’s. The extended hulls also allowed for a large storage locker and a cocktail pool.
Her 12’ tender is also electric and is charged by the yacht. It has a range of 20 miles at 20mph. At idle speeds, the tender will run for weeks of normal cruising use before needing to be plugged into the yacht for recharging.
In 2019, after eight months of commissioning, she spent four months cruising the Keys and the Bahamas. In 2000, she was displayed at the Miami Yacht Show and the St Petersburg Boat Show. Torqeedo displayed her tender at the Ft Lauderdale Boat Show. She is now on a six-month cruise in the Bahamas and will be returning to Florida in November. She can now be seen in Georgetown, Exumas.
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Aquila 44 joins the Aquila power catamaran line up boasting Aquila's signature fresh evolution of classic boating traditions where efficiency in design and performance compliment her luxurious living and was named "Best New Multihull 40'-49'" in the 2014 AIM Media Editor's Choice Awards.
On the Aquila 44 you will enjoy the 360˚ view from the spacious salon and galley that features a large seating area, hidden TV stowage and plenty of storage to make a live-aboard or cruising easy and pleasant. Galley features include Corian countertops, electric fridge and freezer, stove, and stainless steel microwave oven as well as a double stainless steel sink. The large staterooms each feature ample headroom and large windows for excellent views. A fresh water flush, separate shower stall and teak flooring compliment the boat’s design and exceptional living comforts. Additional features include an oversized flybridge with added enclosure, electric grill, and sunpad seating on either side of the central helm station and Aquila's revolutionary bridge to bow direct access.
- Depth Sounder
- Navigation Center
- CD Player
- Cockpit Speakers
- Electric bilge pump
- Fresh water maker
- Electric head
- Air conditioning
- Microwave oven
- Battery charger
- Hot water
- Whisper Systems 25kW Generator
- Solar Array 5kW
- 24v electrical system
- Swimming ladder
- Cockpit cushions
- Cockpit shower
- Solar panel
- Cockpit table
Price / Cost Analysis
- 3 CABINS, 3 HEADS, 2 x 225 HP VOLVO D4
- PREMIUM FINISH PACKAGE
- 110V SHORE POWER
- CHOOSE INTERIOR COLOR - CHERRY, LIGHT, OLIVEWOOD
- TORQEEDO DEEP BLUE 80 1400 RPM WISPER POWER 25KW DC GENERATOR TWO BMWI3 BATTERIES
- LABOR TO REFIT AQUILA 44 WITH TORQEEDO DEEP BLUE
- CREDIT FROM SELLING VOLVO PENTA ENGINES
- CUSTOM THREE TANK 280 GAL FUEL SYSTEM WITH DAY TANK & FUEL POLISHER
- FLYBRIDGE ELECTRICAL BBQ WITH POLISHED STAINLESS STEEL REFLECTOR PLATE
- CANVAS AND LEXAN WINDSHIELD FOR HELM STATION (Not Fully Enclosed) (Silver, Black, or Navy Blue Color Option - Choice must be specified by buyer)
- FLYBRIDGE HELMSTATION CANVAS COVER
- BIMINI CANVAS ON FLYBRIDGE WITH LIGHTS
- HARD TOP WITH SS SUPPORTS ON FLYBRIDGE WITH LIGHTS
- DINGHY DAVIT ELECTRICAL CRANE (12v) WITH DINGHY SUPPORTS (Max Load 350kg)
- ICE MAKER ON FLYBRIDGE
- WIRELESS REMOTE FOR WINDLASS
- INDUCTION 2 BURNER ELECTRICAL COOKTOP 220 VOLT IN PLACE OF GAS COOKER
- MODIFICATIONS TO FLYBRIDGE ROOF AND AFT BIMINI TO ACCOMMODATE 16 350 WATT (5.6KW) PANELS WITH SS SUPPORT AND LATERAL STAYS
- DECK COURTESTY LIGHTS, TRANSOM, COCKPIT AND FLYBRIDGE
- SHORE POWER CABLE MASTER STOWAGE SYSTEM (2 systems)
- WATERMAKER 16.5 G/H SPECTRA NEWPORT400 Mk2 12 VOLT WITH Z-ION PROTECTION SYSTEM
- UPGRADE THRU-HULL FITTING
- ADDITIONAL WATER TANK STORAGE, 1 x 170 Liter / 45 Gallons
- DECK WASH DOWN PUMP (Sea or fresh water, must be specified)
- FULL LENGTH MIRRORS IN CABINS
- FANS IN CABINS (4 fans-3 Cabin Version)
- TMD MARINE AIR-CONDITIONER WITH TITANIUM HEAT EXCHANGER (50% MORE EFFICIENT THAN STD EQUIPMENT)
- ADDITIONAL FRIDGE/FREEZER IN SALON - 65 LITER
- WATER HOSE, DECK HOSE BUCKETS
- FILL IN CUSHION FOR SALON TABLE (For standard table that converts to berth)
- RAYMARINE 1 X CAM220 CAMERA MOUNTED ON AFT OF FLYBRIDGE FOR DOCKING (Screen capability required)
- RAYMARINE AIS 650 SYSTEM WITH ANTENNA COUPLING
- RAYMARINE RADOME RD418HD COLOR SCANNER 4KW 18 INCH
- RAYMARINE EVOLUTION AUTOPILOT WITH P70R ROTARY DISPLAY (Hydraulic)
- RAYMARINE AUTOPILOT WIRELESS REMOTE
- RAYMARINE I70S MULTIFUNCTION DISPLAY (Speed, depth etc.)
- RAYMARINE 12" AXIOM PRO S CHARTPLOTTER WITH CPT-S TRANSDUCER
- RAYMARINE 60 VHF WITH RAYMICROPHONE REMOTE STATION FOR FLYBRIDGE AND ANTENNAE
- PREFITTING FOR ROTATING ELECTRIC TELESCOPING TV FURNITURE IN SALON
- TV FOR SALON 40" (Prefitting option required, if interior helm option selected then TV size reduced to 38")
- DOCK LINES AND TIDE MINDERS
- CUSTOM MATTRASSES IN ALL THREE CABINS
- PREFITTING FOR ONLY MASTER CABIN TV
- CUSTOM BED SPREADS IN ALL THREE CABINS
- RADIO/CD/DVD PLAYER MP3 + 2 LOUDSPEAKERS IN MASTER CABIN
- RADIO/CD/DVD PLAYER MP3 + 2 LOUDSPEAKERS IN ALL CABINS
- COMPLETE GALLEY OUTFITTING
- BEDDING, LINNENS, BEACH TOWELS, SHAMMIES, DECK BRUSHES, SHOP VAC, VACUME CLEANER, ETC
- FORTRESS ANCHOR WITH 150' OF ANCHOR LINE AND 15' OF CHAIN
- TV CABLE SHORE SIDE CONNECTION
- CUSTOM 12' ELECTRIC TENDER WITH PORTABLE CHARGER 30 MILE RANGE MAX PEED 18 MPH
- SHIPPING FROM SHANGHAI TO NEW ORLEANS, RIGGING, DUTY, AND FINAL DELIVERY INSPECTION
- TOTAL COST FOR FIRST EDITION WITH OWNER AS PROJCT MANAGER WORKING FULL TIME ON REFIT (APPROXIMATELY 750 HOURS FOR THIS PROJECT)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.