A stand out boat in so many ways, the Contest 52MC Fastlane is a spectacularly successful design – especially so as she is Contest Yachts’ first ever motor boat in this league. The press can’t get enough of her, loving her looks and her handling which they say astounds, her innovative, half-planing hull riding as though on rails, tracking straight and staying flat right through the tightest of turns. With power options from twin 350hp to 550hp diesels she’s equally comfortable at 8 or 28 knots, and soft rides through the nastiest chop. And she’s a dry boat, her pronounced spray rails cascading the breaking water away.
The joint creation of longstanding design partner Georg Nissen, the well known boat engineering and designer company Vripack and the yard’s own in-house design team, the 52MC is also an unusually versatile performance platform, available in Flybridge and Open Sport eas well as Fastlane f versions. Interior layouts are customisable, too, building out of a raised saloon and two heads, three sleeping cabin standard plan.
- Hull in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins, infused with vinylester resin.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas like the keel area.
- First layer after gelcoat is a special barrier coat.
- Structural bulkheads fully bonded to hull and deck.
- Teak toe rail capping, integrated rubbing strake.
- Two year warranty.
- Hull: gelcoat white.
- Stripe and waterlines: colour owner's choice.
- Antifouling: two layers.
- Deck in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Deck: gelcoat white.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas where deck equipment is fitted.
- Large aft cockpit.
- Fixed varnished cockpit table with stainless steel 316 support for table and canvas cover for UV protection.
- Two alcoves for storage of small deck gear.
- Garage below the cockpit floor. Reachable from the cockpit and transom.
- Transom door with remote control.
- Light oak joinery.
- Oak floor.
- Matt varnished.
- Chrome fittings throughout.
- Padded side panelling.
- Padded sections throughout the boat.
- Shower stalls with thermostatic mixer.
- Doors with anti-rattle door locks.
- Corian worktops in galley.
- Corian tops in each head with washbasins.
- Design taps.
- Two zone induction hob.
- Quality curtain blinds for portholes and skylight hatches.
- Quality curtain blinds for portholes.
- Quality curtain blinds behind padded panels for hull windows.
- Sprung slats owner´s cabin.
- Overhead lights in all cabins.
- Dimmers on overhead lights in saloon.
- LED ceiling lights.
- Careful noise reduction throughout.
- Engine room well insulated.
- Comfortable mattresses in all cabins.
- 36-set (6 persons) of Contest Yachts porcelain crockery.
- Waste bin in galley.
- Extensive mirrors in heads.
- Spacious engine room with easy access from top side.
- 2x Cummins QSB6.7 224kW (305hp) 2600 rpm 6 cylinder turbo-charged diesel engine.
- Indirect cooling.
- Hurth ZF 85A hydraulic gearbox.
- Cummins dual lever control fitted in dashboard.
- Cummins inboard joystick docking system, joystick fitted in dashboard.
- VesselView 7" engine information display fitted in dashboard including rev. counter, oil pressure- temperature, charge alarm, runtime and trolling.
- Water cooled exhaust with water lock.
- Stern tubes with water lubricated bearings and water seal.
- V-bracket propeller shafts.
- Stainless steel propeller shafts with thrust bearing and
- flexible coupling.
- Five bladed propeller in bronze.
- Engine room insulated with combined drone- and sound absorbing insulation.
- Engine room ventilation by double electric ventilators and natural ventilation grills.
- Automatic engine room fire extinguish system.
- 24 VDC and 230 VAC system on board.
- Dedicated technical area (electrical room) for switches and fuses.
- Standard energy pack:
○ Service batteries 400 Ah | 24 VDC
○ Start battery engine 2 x 100 Ah | 12 VDC
○ Combined inverter/charger, 1.800 W inverter, 35 A | 24 VDC battery charger
○ Battery charger start batteries 12 A | 24 VDC
○ Monitoring/control display batteries and combined inverter/charger
○ Alternator 70 A | 24 VDC start batteries engines
○ Alternator 140 A | 24 VDC service batteries group
○ 230V - 50 Hz shore power connection:
◦ Shore power 16 A
◦ Shore power isolation transformer 3.5 kW | 16 A
◦ Shore power socket for 230 VAC | 50 Hz shore power
◦ Cable 25 m with 3-pole CEE 16 A connector
- 230V socket in each cabin/compartment.
- All sea cocks under waterline are grounded