Presented For Sale By:
|Model||CT 41 Ketch|
|Location||San Carlos, Mexico|
|Length at Water Line||9.91 m|
|Max Draft||1.83 m|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Engine Model||MD 21A|
|Engine usage (hours)||6457|
|Maximum Speed||7.6 kn @ 2100 RPM|
|Cruising Speed||7.2 kn @ 1900 RPM|
|Builder||CT (Ta Chiao)|
|Fuel Tanks||150 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||110 gal|
|Holding Tanks||10 gal|
41' CT Ketch 1973
Designed by William Garden, “Content” is a beautiful example of this popular ketch, and like a fine wine she has only gotten better with age. Current owners have spent 43 years upgrading her to be the best that she can be. Built with heavy fiberglass and fine lines she is sturdy and eye-catching at the same time. With a complete refit from 1993-2000, custom upgrades set her apart from the rest including bronze auto prop propeller, marine grade stainless steel tanks, water maker, aluminum fuel tanks, overhauled engine, marine grade wiring, and custom galley on port side including wine cellar. Electrical system has been custom designed to 12V DC to support life off-grid. Her bottom has just been painted, and she sits in the water waiting for her new owners.
She has circumnavigated once and she is ready to do it again with you!
On deck, full forward is stainless steel bow pulpit with wooden platform and two anchors. Immediately aft is a stainless-steel double bollard followed by anchor windlass. Continuing aft is opening hatch then main mast. Step up to cabin top over the main salon with teak grab rails. Continuing aft is dodger enclosing the aft cockpit. Port and starboard SS gates. New SS lifelines all around. Aft cockpit is recessed and protected by dodger and bimini. Companionway entrance into main salon is starboard of mizzen mast. On deck mizzen mast is mounted on a teak platform. Full aft is a traveler for mizzen and dinghy mounted on davits.
Beautifully finished and varnished teak toe rail cap surround the deck. Non-skid decks, (no more teak) in gray and white.
Below decks and full forward is walk-in storage/workshop with access to chain locker. Custom line storage area to port side and custom shelving to starboard. Natural light coming from a forward hatch including a prism. Immediately aft is main mast. Mounted on main mast is custom outboard storage positioned in order to use windlass for lifting.
Continuing aft and through door is the master stateroom. To port is hanging locker with custom shelving. To starboard is additional storage custom adapted with both hanging and shelved storage with safe located below. Berth is double bed to starboard side with plentiful storage on starboard hull, below berth in shelves and drawers. Access to water maker and generator through master stateroom cabin sole. Directly opposite double bed is direct access to en-suite head.
Continuing aft and to port amid ship is head with separate shower. Access to head is from both main salon and stateroom.
Continuing aft is main salon. It features full size berths on both port and starboard sides and folding dinette amidship.
Engine access is located in the main salon with three access points including one in the galley.
Galley has been relocated to port side with many upgrades including a double stainless-steel sink, Corian countertops, custom hinge out trash bin, gimbled stove and wine cellar.
Custom navigation station is located to starboard side. House batteries are located under navigation station seating, and under galley island.
Four step companionway leads up to aft cockpit.
Main salon features central folding dinette with Corian top and engine access below. Traditional Chinese teak carving decorates main salon cabin top. TV mounted on portside forward bulkhead. Each settee in main salon seats three and are outfitted with lee clothes- perfect for use when underway.
Diesel heater is located to forward starboard side of the main salon. Headroom 6’6”.
Galley is custom due to complete seven-year refit of boat beginning in 1993. Originally located to the starboard side, the now roomier galley is located to the port side.
- Galley located aft port and navigation station aft starboard are both custom
- Refrigeration: Custom cold plate 5.5 cubic feet
- Freezer: Custom cold plate 6.0 cubic feet
- Stove: Gimbled Hiller three burner propane with oven located to port side
- Microwave: Samsung
- Sink: Double SS
- Counter tops: Corian
- Water system: Pressure H/C
- Custom hinge out trash bin
- Custom island to port of companionway - swing open cup holders, three drawers with second set of house batteries locate beneath
- Wine cellar for ten bottles with pot and pan storage locate above
- Water heater - 13-gallon, AC and engine driven
- Master stateroom located amidship port side and features a double bed
- Access to storage/workshop genset and water maker through stateroom
- Head is located to port side with separate shower including seat and Corian counter tops
- Access head from stateroom as well as main salon
- In shower cabinet located to port with access to holding tank and storage
- Single SS sink and shelving above toilet
- New Varnish in master stateroom 3/2019
- New Mini Blinds 3/2019
- Anchor: CQR 65 Chain: 3/8 High test chain 300 ft.
- Anchor: CGR 45 Chain: 3/8 25 ft. Line: 300 ft.
- Anchor: Danforth 21 H Chain: 3/8 25 ft. Line: 300 ft.
- Anchor: Fortress Chain: 3/8 25 ft. Line: 600 ft.
- Rails: SS
- Ladders: Boarding
- Bow Pulpit: Custom SS teak
- Anchor windlass: Lighthouse 1501, electric
- Dinghy: Aqua Pro
- Dinghy HIN: 10’
- Anchor Davit/Bow Rollers: Custom
- Dinghy Davits: Manual
- Lights: Navigation, deck, tricolor, spreader, deck
- Deck Washdown: Saltwater
- Covers and Curtains: Dodger, cockpit awning 2014, full sun shades Shade Tree x4
- New: Hatch covers 2/3 redone 5/2018
- Lifelines/Stanchions: new S/S 2017
- Gates: P & S
- Other Deck Equipment: Custom mooring bits, whisker pole chocks
Sails and Rigging
- Cruise equipped
- Sails: Dacron - main, jib, spinnaker, mizzen, staysail, storm
- Boom Vang: Block and tackle
- Mast(s): Aluminum, main wood
- Stepped on: Keel
- Standing Rigging: 1/19 wire, 3/16 stainless
- Primary Sailmaker: Carol Hasse
- Mainsheet Traveler: yes
- Lines led aft: Staysail, jib, Mainsheet, mizzen
- Roller Furling: Profurl
- Whisker Pole: 18’6”
- Winches: Jib and staysail 4 each, self-tailing 2-speed Barient Anderson
- Reaching Strut: 12’
- Other Sails and Rigging Details: 2 Halyard, 2 reefing main, 1 halyard mizzen, 3 rope clutches, outhaul, reef, topping lift
- New: Dodger 5/2018
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Radio: ICON 710 SSB HAM
- Tuner: ICON
- TV: Panasonic 15” flat screen plus Sony “all format” DVD player
- Radar: Raytheon
- Range: 20 miles
- Depth Sounder: Hummingbird 561 Sonar
- VHF (#1): Standard Horizon GX15005
- VHF (#2): Standard Horizon Hand Held
- Wind Speed and Direction: B & G
- Auto Pilot: WH elect-hydraulic
- Knot Meter/Log: B & G
- Chart Plotter: B & G Zeus 2
- GPS: B & G
- Compass: Danforth Express
- Other Electronics and Navigation Equipment: AIS receiver, Pactor 2 modem, Clear Speech speaker for SSB, WIFI transmitter for B & G plotter
- Batteries, house: Eight, 6V new gel batteries (12/2017)
- Batteries, engine start: 6D gel
- Total amp hours: 800
- Smart System Regulator: Ample Power Emon
- Battery Parallel Switch: Cole Hersey
- Solar Panels/AMPS (#): 2 Kyocera KC 120 IR
- Battery Monitor: Ample Power Emon
- Dockside Electrical Cable: 50’
- Electrical System: DC: 12V, AC: 120V *Default to DC 12V
- Gen set: Custom freshwater cooled, 3,500 hours *Defaults to produce DC power
- Inverter: 2500 W. Trace
- Interior lighting: Halogen / LED
- Alternator: 2 each @ 200 amp / Main and GEN
- Battery Charger: Trace u2512SB auto
- Other Electrical System Details: Custom installed by Arthur Marine electrician, all new wire, panels, fixtures during refit 1995-2000. Brooks and Gatehouse network wind, wind direction, boat speed in navigation station and cockpit.
Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment
- Model: Volvo MD21 A, diesel, 75hp
- Hours since new: 6,457
- Hours since major overhaul: 5,257
- Overhaul Date: 1995
- Propeller: Auto Prop Bronze 3 blade, shaft loc on shaft
- Cruising speed knots @ RPM: 1900 7.2
- Max Speed knots @ RPM: 2100 7.6
- Gallons/hour Cruise: 1.2
- Gallons/hour MAX: 1.4
- Range (miles): 1000
- Bilge Pump: Rule 2500, Edson bilge auto/manual
- Extra Propeller: 1-3 blade fixed bronze
- Raw Water Sea Strainer: 2
- Fire Extinguishing System: Halon, Auto, Manual
- Fuel Shut-off: Stove, engines
- Fresh water-cooling system: yes
- Head type: overboard
- Holding Tank: 10 gallons
- Transmission: Borg Warner Velvet Drive
- Heater: Dickenson Diesel
- Water maker: Aqua Marine 24 GPH, new pump 2017
- New: Volvo starter 2/9/2019
- New: Harmonic balancer 1/10/2019
- Other Equipment and Engine Details: Gen set drives 200-amp alternator and HP water maker pump, makes hot water for shower
- Lifejackets: 5
- EPIRB: ACR Global Fix
- Life sling: yes
- Life rings: 1
- Life raft: Switlik 6 person
- Jack lines: yes
- Other: Flare kit
- Man overboard pole
- Heavy duty anchor snubber
- Spare anchor roller
- Davis anchor light
- Extra hull and engine zincs
- Spare fan belts
- Plath Hamburg Inclinometer
- Teak swim ladder
- Edson side boarding step
- 5-gallon gas jerry jug
- Two 5-gallon diesel jerry jugs
- Engine parts and service manuals
- Collision mat
- Gale Rider Droge
- Auto pilot, pilot house central
- Refrigeration compressor parts
- Refrigeration motor parts
- 20 lb. tank R-12 refrigerant
- Compressor oil
- March refrigeration cooling water pump
- Auto pilot hydraulic pump seals
- Length copper tubing - fits pilot and refrigeration
- Auto prop parts and special tools
- Auto prop removal tool
- Lighthouse windlass parts
- Volvo raw water pump
- Volvo raw water pump impellers
- Volvo engine gaskets
- Spare electric fuel pump for either engine
- Spare fuel and oil filters - both engines
- Water maker parts
- Water maker pre-filters
- Extra ¾ nylon 3 strand rope - est. 500 ft.
- Extra S/S blocks, shackles and rigging parts
- Water heater parts
- Built in S/S safe
- Full sun shades
- Cockpit cushions
- Asymmetrical spinnaker
- Storm Staysail
- New mainsail - Port Townsend 2019
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.