|Location||Bristol, Rhode Island, United States|
|Engine usage (hours)||2010|
Saarine is a 1985 Catalina cruiser that spent most of her time in the fresh waters of the Great Lakes. With almost 3,000 boats sold, the Catalina 36’ is the most popular sailboat of this size…for a reason! This is a strong and able family cruiser with a sea-kindly moderate displacement hull. It tracks beautifully and performs well in a variety of conditions.
Easily singlehanded, all trim lines and halyards lead aft to the spacious and secure cockpit with pedestal steering. Saarine comes with Sunbrella sail cover, cockpit cushions, dodger and bimini for maximum comfort and shade. The side decks are easy to maneuver on fore and aft and the foredeck is roomy and well laid-out for sail handling or relaxing under way.
The 25 HP Universal Diesel Engine, with 2,010 hours, is easily accessed by removing the companionway steps and engine cover for performing maintenance. The engine starts and runs great!
Sails included are main, genoa and asymmetrical.
Down below you are immersed in the warmth of custom teak cabinetry and a teak-holly sole. The efficient U-shaped galley to port is fully loaded:
- Two-burner stove and oven with a cutting board cover
- Double centerline stainless steel sink
- Large top-loading refrigerator
- Plenty of counter space to prepare meals
- Ample storage for everything while underway
The salon is elegant, comfortable, and spacious:
- All-new custom interior upholstery throughout the boat in a sophisticated, durable navy fabric
- Dinette to port seats four and coverts to a comfortable double berth
- Two-person dinette/game table (perfect for morning coffee or evening cocktails!) to starboard, which converts to a single berth
- German-made clock, barometer and thermometer in elegant brass
- Brass oil lamp for nights on the hook
- Custom teak cabinetry and shelving creates a cozy space with tons of storage
To starboard is a Nav station with all the controls and even more storage. Aft of the Navigation Station is the roomy “crew’s quarters” Aft Cabin with a large double berth and Bench Seat, plenty of lighting, a hatch that provides ventilation, more storage, and a mirror.
To port, forward of the salon, is a full and spacious Head with a Marine head, hot & cold water sink with shower nozzle and drainage for bathing, and plenty of storage for towels & toiletries
The forward stateroom has a Queen v-berth with custom upholstery that includes 3-inches of memory foam for ideal sleeping comfort! There is built in cabinetry with a shelving, a large hanging locker and additional storage. The hatch overhead provides plenty of ventilation for great boat sleeps!
The Catalina 36 is easily handled by a couple, has a big comfortable cockpit, a spacious interior with two private cabins. This is a fine sailing yacht ready to take you and your family on summer sailing voyages – from day-sails to weekends away to weeks-long adventures! This boat can do it all!