Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Newburyport, Massachusetts, United States|
|Length at Water Line||9.58 m|
|Max Draft||1.98 m|
|Dry Weight||16900 lb|
|Max Bridge Clearance||16.76 m|
|Cabin Headroom||1.91 m|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||630|
|Maximum Speed||7.8 mph @ 3000 RPM|
|Cruising Speed||6.5 mph @ 2200 RPM|
|Designer||Sabre Design Team|
|Fuel Tanks||1 x 30 gal (Aluminum)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||1 x 94 gal (Plastic)|
|Holding Tanks||1 x 30 gal (Plastic)|
ROCKET II - New to the Market this Turn-Key Sabre 38' is in above average condition. She has been lovingly maintained over the years and is ready to sail away. This extremely well equipped boat has some notable upgrades that showcase her well when aboard. She has been Yard Maintained and stored indoors over the winter for fifteen years with a dedicated maintenance schedule. Some of the Upgrades include - 2008 Westerbeke 44hp Engine and Transmission, Dutchman Mainsail with self retrieving system, Doyle 142% Genoa, Racing Mylar Genoa, Cruising Spinnaker, Full Cockpit Enclosure with Canvas, Strata glass with Bimini & Awning, ESPAR Heating System, 6 Person Givens Life Raft, Fairclough Custom Boat Cover & Frame are just some of the items this Beautiful boat has to offer. Call today to schedule a showing or go to specs to view full listing.
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Sabre 38 achieves high performance levels through a unique combination of power and handling characteristics. Whether bluewater sailing or cruising, the Sabre 38 gives the control needed while providing comfort and convenience. She has a high aspect rig with double airfoil spreaders. The boom is equipped with an internal clew outhaul, topping lift and two sets of jiffy reefing. The jib halyard is led to a mid-cabintop Lewmar winch. Main halyard and reefing lines are led aft to Lewmar winches on the cabintop within easy reach of the cockpit. Her ergonomically designed cockpit measures 8 feet 3 inches long and is fitted with top quality hardware. Elegantly finished in varnished teak or cherry, she makes entertaining at the dock or at sea a pleasure. Below, the Sabre 38 has 6-feet 4-inches of headroom, two private cabins, seven berths, an expansive galley, head and navigation station. The forward cabin has a wide V-berth, hanging closet and an elegant vanity with sink and settee. The main salon features a large dining area with contoured seating and a handsome teak table. The table folds away and the port settee converts to a double berth. The Sabre 38's hull is designed to be easily driven while carrying the weight of a moderate displacement yacht. It's a powerful hull shape that yields speed, stability and sail-carrying ability. The rudder, a semi-elliptical foil section, adds to the yacht's performance abilities. Her skeg gives the directional stability of a full-keel boat with much less drag. With over 1,500 meticulously hand-crafted, varnished wood components, the Sabre 38 is built to custom boat builder's standards. In keeping with the Sabre heritage of quality, we select the finest materials for every yacht we build. You'll find names such as Edson, Hall Spars, Harken, Lewmar and Westerbeke to name a few - a few more reasons why Sabre has come to stand for superior quality and craftsmanship for over two decades. The hull and deck are made of hand-laminated fiberglass mat and knitted roving with balsa core as a stiffener. Sabre increases hull durability by incorporating vinylester resin and ISO NPG gelcoat into the DuraLam protection system. A fin keel is standard on the Sabre 38. PHRF Handicap (average) 108.
The Sabre 38 Classic Layout has accommodations for seven in two cabins, with standing headroom of 6'3". The forward cabin has a double 6'6" vee berth, large storage compartments, drawers, and lockers. The washroom has a marine head and a vanity sink, foot pump and spacious lockers. A separate shower with hot and cold pressurized water is standard. Finished in white formica with teak trim, the washroom includes a towel bar, mirror, soap dish, glass and toothbrush holder, and a teak grate on the sole. Opposite the washroom are wet and dry hanging lockers. The main cabin has berths port and starboard, plus a quarterberth; all with storage below. The port berth converts to a wide double berth. All berths 6'6" long, with fabric cover 5" foam mattresses and bolstered backs. Deep storage lockers are located behind the backrest cushions in the main cabin. The double leaf table folds up against the large magazine rack on the main bulkhead. The Sabre 38 main cabin features a custom vinyl headliner, with teak handrails and trim below the windows. Teak access panels are provided in the aft face of the headliner to facilitate the installation of navigational instruments.
The deck is hand laminated fiberglass with balsa core stiffening and molded in non-skid deck surfaces. Toerails, handrails, coaming caps, and trim are all teak. Welded stainless steel double-rail bow pulpit and stern rail, stanchion posts, two gates plus upper and lower lifelines are included. The companionway hatch has a built-in spray hood for foul weather protection. A foredeck anchor well simplifies the handling of ground tackle. Double bow cleats are standard. Superb light and ventilation is achieved with eight opening ports, five hatches, and six dorade vents. Screens for all hatches and screened hatched boards for the companionway are provided.
- 35 Lb CQR Anchor, 100' of 5/16 Chain & 150' of 3 Strand Nylon Anchor Rode
- Maxwell Windlass with Chain & Rode Gypsy with deck foot switch
- Horseshoe Life Sling with Strobe Light
- Dodger, Bimini, Awning & Full Enclosures
- Safety Jack Lines & Lifeline Safety Gates
- Additional Danforth Anchor
- Addtional 175' of 1/2" Nylon Braid Anchor Line
- Salt Water Wash Down Pump
- Life Sling Man Overboard Retrieval Bag
- Cockpit Seat Cushions & Back Cushions
The walk-in galley on the port side has a formica countertop with teak trim, a double stainless steel sink with foot pump, a large well insulated ice box, and a unique built-in wastebasket. The section of countertop over the stoves slides away when the stove is in use. Lockers and drawers are designed for optimum storage utility. There is a fully-equipped tool drawer located in the galley. The navigation station is well-appointed with chart light and three drawers with a locker below. There's even a built in teak pencil tray.
- Custom White Cabinetry
- Extra Hatch Opening in Galley
- Microwave Oven
- Fully Equipped Tool Drawer
- Sea Frost Engine Driven Refrigeration
- CNG 3 Burner Stainless Steel Gimbals Stove
- Double Stainless Steel Sink
- Large Hamper for Pots & Pans
- Extra Fold Up Work Counter
- Extra Insulated Cover on Icebox
The 12-volt electrical system has 4 Deep cycle 6 volt batteries for the house bank. Navigation lights and a masthead light are installed in accordance with U.S. Coast Guard standards. A radio cable is provided in the mast. The standard 110-volt shore power system includes seven outlets, a ground fault circuit interrupter outlet in the head AC ammeter and voltmeter, polarity indicator, circuit breaker panel, and 50' heavy duty shore power cord. All seacocks are bonded to the keel and a lightning ground system connects the mast and all chainplates to the keel. The foredeck floodlight and anchor light are standard.
- 110 Volt Shore Power
- 100 Amp Balmar Alternator
- Circuit Breakers - Central Panel
- Jabsco Electrical Head
- 1800 Xantrex Inverter
- Link Digital Amp & Volt Meter
- 20 Amp Charger
- Cell-Phone Enhancer & Rail Mount Antenna
LOA: 37' 10"
LWL: 31' 2"
Beam: 11' 6"
Draft: 6' 6"
Sail Area: 688 sq. ft
Cockpit Length: 8'
Headroom: 6' 3"
Electronics & Navigation
- Raytheon Radar & GPS RL 80c Chart Plotter
- Auto Helm Raymarine ST 6001
- Raymarine Wind Instrument
- Garmin Color 2006c Chart Plotter on Pedastal
- Pedastal Mounted Ritchie Compass
- Data Marine Depth Sounder Instrument
- Additional Remote Depth Sounder with its own Transducer
- Sail Comp Racing Compass
Sails & Rigging
- Doyle Dutchman Folding 4 Batten, 2 Reefs with Cunningham Flattening Reef Main Sail
- Doyle 142% Genoa, 110% and 100% Genoas
- Doyle 150 Mylar Racing Sail & Turtle Bag
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker & Sock
- Whisker Pole Mast Mounted Sheets & Halyards all lead Aft
- 2 Flag Halyards, 2 Radar Deflectors, 2 Spreader Lights, Tri-Color Strobe Mast Head Light
- Double Spreader Rig
- Topping Lift
- Inboard & Outboard Genoa Tracks
- Harken Roller Furling
- Main Sheet Traveler with Quick Vang & Boom Vang
- Navteck Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster
- Snatch Blocks & Hinckley TV Antenna
Engine & Mechanical
Engine Make: Westerbeke
Engine Type: Diesel
Engine Model: 44hp
Engine Year: 2008
Engine Hours: 630
Drive Type: ZF10M Transmission
2016 Upgrades & Equipment
- Ram Remote VHF for cockpit pedastal
- Installed New Raymarine wind speed indicator
- Installed New Life Lines
- Installed New 12-volt start Battery
- Stripped all exterior teak, toe rails, eyebrows, hand rails, coamings and applied two coats of Cetol.
- Spare Ballmar Regulator with Harness
- Installed Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster
- Replaced all cushions, wall panels -22 pieces with ultra suede. New Foam settees and navigation seat with special two layer foam v-berth cushion. Custom Fit alterations on sheets and comforter
- New Dodger with Natural Sunbrella -40g strata glass full view windows, center roll up window
- Installed 2 Large Long Tube Radar Reflectors
- Installed Electric flush and wiring for toilet
- Givens Life Raft Inspected
- Installed Four 6-volt house batteries
- Refinished and painted Mast & Boom and installed new wiring
- Installed Zantrex 1800 watt Inverter
- New Westerbeke 44hp Engine and New Transmisson
- New Hot Water Heater and Accumulator Tank. Configured plumbing for easy winter shut down
- New Standard Rigging
- Installed cellphone enhancer
- Installed new Doyle Main Sail with battens, 2 reefs, Cunningham & Dutchman Recovery on boom
- Installed Auto Smart Pilot ST6001 on Pedastal with Type 150 Corepack & Gyro Compass rudder driven
- Installed an additional transducer & Depth Sounder
- Installed New 12 volt Engine Oil Removal System
- Installed New Fabricated custom panel for Navigation Station
- New Auto Helm ST600 and rework drive unit
- Installed New Raymarine Radar & C-map model 4kw & RL80CRC 10" unit
- Installed Edison Clamp on Steering Wheel Mount
- Installed Strat Power true charger 20 Amp plus multistage battery charger
- Installed GPS Map Chart Plotter model 2006, color & charts on Pedestal
- Wheel & Pedestal Custom Cover
- Professionally removed all bottom paint, barrier coat 10 mil. Applied new 3 coats Micron Anti-fouling paint in alternating colors.
- Installed two Babb 534 white 4 ohm cockpit speakers and 2 interior custom polk audio speakers
Too many upgrades and items to list! Please call today for more details about this magnificent boat.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.