Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||New Bern, North Carolina, United States|
|Length at Water Line||12.27 m|
|Max Draft||1.8 m|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Engine usage (hours)||3000|
|Fuel Tanks||70 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||150 gal|
|Holding Tanks||25 gal|
The Nereus was built in Sen Koh Shipyard Taiwan and completed and fitted by Wiggers Custom Yachts in Canada. The Nonsuch Nereus 40 is a unique recreational keel boat, built predominantly of fiberglass. It has a cat rig, unstayed masts with wishbone booms, a plumb stem, a vertical transom, and an internally mounted spade type rudder controlled by a wheel and a fixed fin keel.
The Nereus 40 is a long-distance cruising yacht with a 'Freedom' style unstayed cat ketch rig, designed by Canadian Mark Ellis. She offers a very spacious interior, with very easy handling under sail - both sails are self-tacking, and all sail controls are led back to the cockpit. She has two large double cabins, each with an en-suite heads, and a large saloon and galley. The cockpit is large and offers a bimini, dodger, connector and foam cushions. The Nereus 40 is a larger ketch-rigged derivative of Mark Ellis's Nonsuch designs, and just six were built. The hull is solid fiberglass below the waterline, with balsa core above the waterline and in the deck molding. The interior fit is high quality and well laid out to provide very spacious accommodation for two couples. All interior doors and cabinet doors are louvered, and the interior sole is teak and holly. Overhead hatches and opening ports with screens offer excellent natural light and ventilation. The interior cushions where replaced a few years ago.
ASK ABOUT OUR FREE WINTER DOCKAGE PROGRAM FOR LISTINGS BROUGHT TO NEW BERN FOR SALE OVER THE WINTER.
ASK ABOUT OUR WINTER DOCKAGE BROCHURE TODAY!
Step onto the wide side decks that are void of mast stays making the maneuverability fore and aft easy and safe. Forward is access to the bow and windlass. Aft is the large cockpit with foam cushions and an elevated helm seat giving the Captain a wonderful panoramic view. Aft are dinghy davits with an easy to use winch systems for launch and recovery of the dinghy. The cockpit is protected by a Sunbrella gray bimini, dodger and connector fitted for removable side curtains - they were never made. The helm is centered with a leather wrapped wheel. Enter the main cabin thru the companionway and down a few steps. The interior is large and offers excellent accommodations for cruising or as a live aboard. To starboard and aft of the steps is the quarter berth and navigation station while port offers a large aft cabin with king size berth, amole storage and an en-suite head. In the companionway to port and starboard is the galley with the sink inboard and refrigeration outboard. There is plenty of food preparation and storage capacity and the engine compartment is under the sink. Forward is the full beam salon with access into the aft head to port. There is an L-Shaped settee to port with a large dinette table that opens into a table for eight. To starboard is a settee. Along both the port and starboard sides are cabinets and built-in bookshelves. All the way forward is the guest cabin with a pullman berth to starboard and a small settee to port. There is plenty of storage and an en-suite private head.
The galley is split by the companionway as you reach the end of the steps. The design is very efficient with plenty of room for food preparation and storage.
- Double stainless-steel sinks with cutting board cover and faucet with sprayer
- (3) foot pumps for water
- Formica countertops with fiddles
- (3) burner propane stainless steel oven with broiler
- Propane locker with pressure gauge and solenoid control in cabin (propane locker is in the lazarette under the helm seat)
- Top and front-loading Sea Frost refrigeration
- Top loading AC Refrigeration
- Ample storage cabinets and drawers
The electrical panel is located at the navigation station.
- 12-volt DC and 120-volt AC power
- Power distribution panel with circuit breakers
- DC and AC volt and amp meters
- 30-amp shore power cord
- Magnum battery indicator at NAVSTA
- Heart 2000-watt inverter/charger with Heart Interface at NAVSTA
- (4) AGM batteries
- Toshiba flat screen TV in salon with sound bar
- AM/FM/CD player
- Tank tender system indicator for water and fuel tanks
- 6-gallon hot water tank with engine heat exchanger
Excellent array of helm electronic all within easy reach if the helm.
- Ritchie Powerdamp compass in helm binnacle
- Raymarine E-Series Hybrid Touch chartplotter and radar display with AIS
- Raymarine autopilot
- Raymarine 48-mile high-definition radar dome
- Raymarine ST-60+ depth indicator
- Raymarine ST-60+ wind instrument
- Raymarine ST-60+ speed
- ICOM IC-M504 VHF at helm station with RAM microphone for helm
The engine compartment is located under the inboard section of the galley with several access panels for ease of maintenance.
- Yanmar 52 hp diesel engine with 3,000 hours
- Yanmar panel at helm with RPM, oil pressure, water temp, volts and alarms
- Single stainless-steel throttle and transmission control
- Dripless shaft seal with stainless steel shaft and newer cutlass bearing
- (3) blade propeller
- Newer Yanmar engine mounts and alternator
- Helm pedestal with leather wrapped stainless steel destroyer steering wheel
- Side Power bow thruster with new jot stick control
Sails and Rigging
The Nonsuch Nereus features two wishbone masts with all line leading into the cockpit making sailing a breeze.
- Sail area of 871 square feet
- Cat-Ketch rigged
- Unstayed Masts
- Two reef points on each sail
- Sails are in excellent condition and protected with sail covers
- Barient 27-48 winch in cockpit
- Lewmar 40 in cockpit
- Lewmar 40 mounted in dinghy davit for mizzen sheet
- Lewmar 40 on cabin top in cockpit
- Lewmar 43 (electric halyard winch) switches at the helm area for this for the main halyard
- All lines lead into cockpit
- Schaefer and Lewmar sailing hardware
Deck and Hardware
- Beautiful AWLGRIP painted hull and deck in 2005
- Jamestown Distributor anti-fowling in 2018
- Stainless steel bow pulpit with double anchor rollers
- CQR 15 kg primary anchor with chain rode
- Danforth secondary anchor with chain rode
- Maxwell 3500 electric winch with foot switches and switches at the helm
- Stainless steel stanchions with double stainless-steel lifelines
- Port and starboard boarding gates
- Pull down stainless steel and teak swim ladder on stern
- Folding teak steps for side entry
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Teak cap rails and cabin handrails and trim
- Teak rub rail with stainless steel insert
- (4) Dorades with teak bases
- Sunbrella sail covers
- Sunbrella covered cockpit cushions
- Sunbrella bimini, dodger and connector with side curtains
- Sunbrella helm cover
- Dinghy davits on stern built into the mizzen sail configuration
- Magma stainless steel propane grill mounted in port stern rail (not included)
- Life Sling - 2 mounted on starboard stern rail
- Folding teak table forward of helm for cockpit use
- Cockpit hot and cold-water shower
The Nonsuch Nereus 40 is a Nonsuch on steroids. Large and roomy for a perfect cruising or liveaboard boat with excellent interior accommodations. A must see for anyone looking for a comfortable sailboat under $100,000.
Easy to see in New Bern, NC (EWN) with JET service via Delta (ATL) or Charlotte (CLT).
- Owner's personal property and tools
- SS Magma Propane Grill
*Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.