Presented For Sale By:
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|Length at Water Line||14.7 m|
|Max Draft||2.85 m|
|Min. Draft||2.85 m|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Drive Type||Direct Drive|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Fuel Tanks||1000 litres|
|Fresh Water Tanks||900 litres|
Comprehensively refitted and improved Doug Peterson designed centre cockpit bluewater cruising yacht. Launched in 1991 and refitted 2010-2012.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
With only three owners since new and the current owner of the past 20yrs, LETI has benefited from a comprehensive refit and upgrade package in 2010-2012 with further updates since.
Now configured for safe, fast and reliable bluewater sailing, LETI is a fantastic option for anyone looking to embark upon an ARC adventure, or simply to have a very well-constructed and sea-kindly cruising yacht to enjoy with family and friends.
LETI’s specification highlights are many and include:-
- 3-cabin, 3-heads layout plus additional passagemaking berth in walkthrough to owner’s stateroom aft
- Carbon mast and spinnaker pole
- Volvo D4-180 engine with MaxProp
- Non-slip side decks and white-painted topsides for low maintenance and low heat absorption when cruising in hot climates
- Complete revision of all electrical and plumbing systems with Mastervolt electrical systems including generator, chargers, inverter and batteries
- Webasto diesel-fired hot water heating system
- Upgraded fridge and freezer systems
- B&G instruments plus radar and plotter
- Harken electric winch package
- Sloop/cutter rig with removable inner forestay, gennaker and spinnaker
- Tender and Torqueedo electric outboard
- Seagull fresh water purification system
LETI is now offered for immediate sale with a complete inventory as her owner is planning to move across to a motor yacht.
I am the third owner of LETI. Was was originally ordered for a prominent Italian lawyer who dictated the custom interior design of the boat. In 1998 she was sold to a Swiss lady who used the boat very little before selling her to me in 2002.
From 2002 until 2009, I enjoyed regular use of the boat sailing Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily, the Adriatic, Greece, Turkey, logging some 2.500/3.000nm each season. LETI is a very efficient mile eater, with critical speed about 8.2kn motoring, even faster sailing in good conditions. Our average daily mileage when in “voyage” mode has been close to 200 miles/day. She points quite well into the wind, cutting the seas with a nice motion without slamming. She is a good timeless example of Doug Peterson designed racer-cruiser of her times, like many other designs from S&S and Frers.
In 2009, while moored in a harbour in Sicily, LETI suffered a leak from the engine water inlet which caused flooding to the bilges. This necessitated the replacement of her systems below floor level (engine, electrics etc), but seeing the opportunity to bring my beloved LETI fully up to date, I moved her back to her homeport close to Genoa and set about completing a comprehensive 3-year refit, finishing in 2012. My aim was to have an ‘ARC ready’ boat, able to sail in any oceans with complete reliability and in absolutely safety.
During LETI’s refit, the following was attended to:-
- Removal of the teak decks and replacement with new non-slip finish – saving approx. 500kgs
- New portlights
- New white painted topsides – combined with the new non-slips decks, there is a noticeable reduction in heat absorption.
- Ultrasound and osmosis check of hull (all okay).
- New rig including carbon mast, carbon spinnaker, new standing rigging and manual genoa furler
- Installation of a new Volvo D4-180 diesel engine – outwardly over-spec, but fantastic in stronger wind and sea conditions.
- Fitment of bowthruster for effortless manoeuvering (combined with new larger engine)
- Fitment of emergency bypass on engine cooling system to empty bilge in case of flooding.
- Installation of a ne Whispergen 3.5kw generator
- Removal and new installation of interior electrics with full Mastervolt package complete with chargers, inverters, AGM batteries, alternators and so on – the service batteries were relocated to around the mast-foot for improved centre of gravity. Engine and generator batteries kept at higher level in machinery space to keep them safe from flooding.
- New water piping throughout.
- Complete new galley with Corian worktop, 5 burner GN Espace stove and water purification system – Also fitment of an automatic cut-off for the gas system in case of leakage.
- New fridge and freezer compressors
- Twin autopilot systems
- NMEA router for connection to iPad
- Lightning proection – thick copper wiring from mast-top to underwater dissipating copper plates.
- Electric Torqueedo outboard for tender to allow complete removal of petrol from the boat.
- Low consumption LED lighting.
- Webasto diesel-fired hot water heating system allowing cabin heating and also domestic water heating via engine, 220vAC immersion heater or Webasto.
- New seacocks and groundings
- RINA class certification for unrestricted ocean navigiation.
Following her relaunch in 2012, I have continued to enjoy cruising aboard LETI and have also continued a rolling program of update and refit which can be seen in the attached broker’s inventory.
Il Cantiere Serigi was founded in 1974 in Aquileia, along the course of the Natissa river, initially in a small factory. The first works consist exclusively of works of construction of hulls designed and printed at other shipyards, such as BENELLO, but which are immediately distinguished by the precision of the workings and the degree of finishing of the artifacts. Shortly thereafter, in 1977, thanks to the spirit of enterprise, the skills and vitality of the men engaged in the company, the first fiberglass boats were launched, built entirely by the shipyard, which thus assumes its own image on the market, already imposing the "SOLARIS" line. The SOLARIS 37 and SOLARIS 47 are therefore born.
Since its founding, Solaris has always had a specialized department for the repair and refit of custom and mass production yachts from boatyards all over world. Experience and tests at sea have demonstrated that most sailing yachts, suffer from the effects of the wind and the sea, resulting in movement and deformation.
- Our understanding is that the yacht is exempt from CE Confirmity as she was in use in the EEA prior to June 1998.
- Airex SP System core fiberglass sandwich construction to the highest specification using Ownes Ciorving fiberglass mat, uni-directional roving and mat/ roving combination to develop an extremely rigid yet light and well insulated structure.
- All high stress areas are specially strengthened with built up uni-directional roving orientated in the direction of the stress.
- High grade epoxy resin is used in the lamination process to create an extremely strong high-tech laminate.
- Taking advantage of modern light weight construction techniques and fiber technology enables a higher ballast/ displacement ratio which gives better performance and seaworthiness for the yacht.
- Transverse floors and longitudinal stringers are made up of uni-directional roving and fabmat around a high density core.
- Engine beds are incorporated in hull. Built up of uni-directional fibers on a high density PVC foam core.
- Fabricated mast step bolted to re-inforced floors and stringers.
- Topsides resprayed white – 2010-2012
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- Hand laid-up moulded fiberglass with Airex core for stiffening and insulation, appropriate reinforcement incorporated in the area of the winches and fittings.
- Original teak decks removed and filled, faired and repainted 2010-2012
Keel & Rudder:
- Fin-Keel with 2.85m draft.
- Stainless steel cast-in keel bolts.
- The cantilivered semi-elliptical balanced spade rudder is moulded from fiberglass and filled with a PVC-foam and stainless steel stock.
- Electro hydraulic autopilot actuator replaced – 2022
- Spare auto pilot actuator
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo Penta D4-180 180hp diesel engine - 2009
- Reduction gearbox.
- A single lever engine control.
- Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger.
- Twin Racor fuel/water seperators
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine hours: approx. tbc as of Autumn 2022
- Date of last engine service - 2022
- Cruising speed – approx. 7 knots
- Maximum speed – approx. 8.2 knots
Propulsion & Steering:
- Helm pedestals with hide covered stainless steel helm wheel
- MaxProp 3-bladed feathering propeller
- Maxpower 24vDC CT125 bowthruster - 2011
- 24vDC domestic system plus 12vDC services with 230v AC via generator, shore power or inverter
- 6x Mastervolt AGM 270Ah 12vDC batteries joined in parallel and series to provide 810Ah @ 24vDC
- 1x 12vDC engine start battery
- 1x 12vDC generator start battery
- 12vDC emergency battery for instruments
- Mastervolt Mass 24/100 24vDC 100 amp charger for service battery banks
- Mastervolt Charge Master 12/35 12vDC 35 amp charger for start batteries
- Mastervolt Charge Master 24/06 24vDC 6 amp charger
- Mastervolt Mass Combi 24/2500/60 2,500w inverter with integral 60amp 24vDC charger
- Mastervolt Whisper 3.5kw diesel generator 2009
- Generator hours – approx tbc as of Autumn 2022
- 12vDC alternator on engine for charging start battery
- Mastervolt Alpha 150 amp 24vDC alternator for charging service batteries
- All domestic electrical cables replaced during 2010-2012 refit and installation of Mastervolt electrical systems
- AC and DC distribution switchboards
- 220vAC shore power
- 100 amp charge distributor
- Lightning protection: lighting rod on mast top connected to copper dissipating plates under water.
- Mastervolt Mastershunt 500 transducer.
- Mastervolt Masterview Easy Mkii display.
- Mastervolt Mac 24 / 12-20 Dc-Dc converter.
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- 24vDC pressure system with Jabsco Dual Sensor Max Vsd 31765-0094 water pump
- 40 litre Isotemp calorifier tank (2011) and 230vAC immersion heater powered by shore power, generator or with Webasto heater
- Hot water can be produced via engine, 220vAC supply or via Webasto diesel system
- Dock freshwater inlet
- Deck wash pump Sea water and fresh water supply
- Aft deck shower
- Idromar MC2J reverse osmosis watermaker producing approx. 90 litres per hour - 2007
- 12vDC electric bilge pumps with manual overrides for bow, main and machinery bilge areas
- Manual bilge pump
- Through-hull fittings overhauled and replaced where required during refit
- Approx 1,000 litres
- Tank Tender level gauage
- Approx 900 litres
- Tank Tender level gauage
- Black water holding tank with approx. 100 litre capacity
- Macerator pump for black tank
- Grey water holding tank wth approx. 150 litre capacity
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- B&G Hydra Pilot - 2022
- 2x B&G Triton 2 multi dyspla – 2022
- NMEA data transferred to Ipad for deck display via iNavx router
- Garmin GPS chart plotter –2017
- Furuno radar system with display at chart table and scanner on backstay – 2003
- Furuno NX-300 Navtex display – 2003
- B&G Hydra 2000 multi-display - 2003
- Bohlken Westerland BG1512B Barograph – 2003
- Digital Yacht iAIS Wireless AIS Receiver – 2012
- Raymarine RAY230E VHF with DSC - 2003
- ICOM IC-M2A Portable VHF
- Pneumatic horn
- GN Espace Ocean chef gimablled gas stove
- 2x Frigoboat stainless steel fridges – 2005 with 2009 Danfoss compressors
- Frigoboat stainless steel freezer – 2005 with 2009 Danfos compressor
- Stainless steel inset sink with hot & cold pressurised freshwater supply
- Filtered freshwater supply
- Seagull fresh water purification system
- Sealand Vacufliush 24vDC electric toilets with Gianneschi pumps and macerator
- Showers in all heads compartments.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto diesel fired hot water-based heating system with capacity to heat interior via fan coils, or domestic water supply via dual circuit boiler – 2011
- Webasto weekly digital timer and 6x room thermostats - 2011
- 4x Caframo Bora 24vDC white color fans - 2012
- 10 x Alpenglow LED 9 watt dual power night vision.
- LED strip 24 volts length 5 MT lights in galley
- United LCD & DVB-T 15.4” LTW15X99DB television.
- LG DVD player.
- Fusion MS-IP500 stereo.
- 2x outdoor speakers.
- 2x internal speakers.
Summary of Accommodation:
- Accommodates up to 8 guests in owner’s stateroom aft, two guest bunk cabins forward and further occasional berth in saloon. Three heads.
- Joinery work is to the highest standard. All joinery is teak faced with solid teak or laminated teak frames and capping. The joinery is varnished throughout. Visible surfaces are varnished and handrubbed to obtain a satin type of surface.
- All doors are provided with retaining hooks and swing stops. Kick plates on steps and chafing pieces on sills are provided.
- Corian countertops in galley and heads
- Curtains are provided for side windows and portlights
- Hanging lockers are provided with rods and hooks.
- Locker doors are fitted with louvers for ventilation.
- Teak gratings in head.
- Floorboards with laid teak veneer. Access to bilge provided where practical. Dust collector with teak grating in front of main entrance ladder.
- Ceiling lined with removable soft panelling.
- Leather upholstery in saloojn
- All matrasses 2009, with covers and isolation anti dampness under.
- Summer covers in ivory cotton for the entire saloon.
Description of Accommodation from Forward:
- Large sail locker accessed from deck with watertight crash box separation to interior accommodation and dedicated bilge pump.
- Twin cabins to both port and starboard with upper and lower berths.
- Both forward guest cabins with ensuite heads, w/shower and electric WC.
- Large saloon with u-shaped saloon seating to starboard. Features saloon table and two chairs. Sofa on port. (can be converted to berth).
- Large forward facing well stocked chart table on port.
- Enclosed galley to port aft of chart table with stainless sinks and five burner stainless stove and ample refrigeration.
- Berth in the passage to owner’s cabin and huge stowage under (space for future fitment of washing machine under the quarter berth).
- Owner’s cabin with two single berths w/ensuite bathroom with separate shower stall, manual WC.
- Engine room (with access from all 4 sides):
- MaxSpar carbon fibre mast – white painted – 2012
- Keel-stepped mast
- 3-sets of inline spreaders
- Stainless steel rod standing rigging – 2012
- Low-friction mast track with cars for mainsail
- Aluminium boom with 3-reefs – white painted
- Navtec hydraulic backstay, babystay and vang control
- Genoa tracks on side decks and jib-tracks on coachroof
- Removable inner forestay
- Manual genoa furler
- Harken winch package with 11 winches in total
- Electric primary winches in cockpit
- Electric mainsheet winch in cockpit
- Electric main halyard winch at mast base
- Zaoli Sails fully-battened mainsail (65sqm) with 3-reefs – 2013
- One Sails furling yankee (60sqm) – 2017
- Zaoli Sails staysail
- Zaoli Sails gennaker – 2013
- Symmetrical spinnaker (0.90oz) - 1990
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit and guardwire stanchions
- Twin guardwires to port and starboard
- Teak folding cockpit table
- Dorade pulpits
- Olcese e Ricci custom stainless steel deckhead hatches
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lofrans Electric 24vDC. 1500w windlass with control and helm and remote control handset
- 75 lbs CQR anchor with 100m of 8mm chan - 2019
- Danforth kedge anchor.
- Moorings warps and fenders
Covers, Cushions & Canvas
- Sun awning aft, from mast to aft.
- Sun awning bow, from mast to the bow.
- Sprayhood in cockpit extends to cover all cockpit.
- Mainsail cover.
- Cockpit cushions + summer cotton covers.
- Two wind scoops.
- LED navigation lights.
- LED deck light, and spreader light on mast
Tender & Outboard:
- Rigid tender “Portland Pudgy” (USA).
- Torqeedo Travel 1004 electric outboard.
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- 10 persons life raft
- Life sling.
- SeaCurity Rescue Marker Buoy self-inflatable with AIS device.
- Medical bag.
- SeaCurity thermal cover.
- Fireboy-Xintex S-2A propane / butane gas detector.
- GianneschI ACB80E fire pump (2012).
- Automatic extinguisher in engine room.
- Extinguisher in every cabin.
- Smoke alarm sensors in each cabin.
Grabau International Italia offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International Italia provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Our dedicated client accounts are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.