Presented For Sale By:
Farr 520 is a carbon composite hulled boat from the legendary Farr Yacht Design, that combines performance with a comfortable interior.
Owner: I sailed double handed across the North-Atlantic-Ocean from BVIs to the Acores; so she can be doublehanded sailed
Farr yacht Design description
“The Farr 520 is developed from the hugely successful Farr 52OD, a boat which has proven to results under IMS, PHRF, IRC and IRM rating systems. These moderate to light displacement flyers have achieved world renowned success – Bear of Britain being overall winner of the America’s Cup Jubilee Regatta
- Carbon built
- Carbon mast and carbon boom with stackpack and lazy jacks.
- Carbon retractable bowsprit and Carbon Spinnaker pole.
- PBO Rigging
- Extensive 20-sail sail wardrobe.
- Renewed B & G electronics.
- Air conditioning.
- Watermaker, generator, well equipped galley
- Electric anchor windlass.
- Two life rafts plus a large amount of other safety equipment.
- Carbon and epoxy composite.
- Post cured low density ‘Super light’ balsa in high load areas forward Corecell foam: Various densities Epoxy coated.
- Composite structural framework for the rig/keel loads.
- Deck painted with linear polyurethane paint.
- Topsides painted with linear polyurethane paint in a dark grey colour.
- Bottom faired and primed in barrier coat epoxy prior to it being sanded and painted.
- Foils are epoxy coated.
- Two keel viewing windows in hull.
- Propeller viewing window in hull.
- Rudder viewing window in hull.
Keel & Rudder:
- Faired SG iron fin keel and lead bulb.
- Carbon rudder and stock.
- Custom carbon fibre radial drive quadrant.
- Custom rudder bearings upper and lower.
- Custom carbon fibre steering wheels port and starboard 1,120mm diameter.
- Dual steering chain.
- Mainsail 3DL marathon - 2010.
- Jib 3DL light carbon - 2009.
- Jib 3DL medium carbon - 2009.
- Code 0 fractional - 2006.
- Masthead asymmetrical A1 - 2009.
- Masthead asymmetrical A2 - 2009.
- Masthead asymmetrical A3 - 2010.
- Masthead asymmetrical A4 - 2009.
- Wind Seeker - 2006.
- Jib light carbon/Kevlar - 2006.
- Jib medium carbon/Kevlar - 2006.
- Jib no.3 carbon - 2010.
- Code 0 masthead - 2007.
- Jib top carbon/Kevlar - 2004.
- Stay sail - 2010.
- Fractional spinnaker runner 0.60 - 2004.
- Fractional spinnaker AP 0.70 - 2004.
- Fractional spinnaker reacher 0.90 - 2004.
- Try sail.
- Storm jib.
3-cabin 2-heads layout
Owner’s Fore Cabin:
- Central double berth with mattresses covered in a grey coloured upholstery.
- Various clear carbon edging trim.
- Bench seat to starboard.
- Dressing table.
- Tapered shaped ledge to either side of the bed.
- Hanging locker.
- Ventilation/escape hatch.
- Housing tube for the retractable bowsprit.
- Owner’s En-Suite: Shower cubicle, a Raritan Crown Head II electric flush marine WC, wash basin inset to a vanity unit.
- Steps lead down from the companionway.
- Sofa with light grey upholstery to the portside with a dining table with clear carbon edging.
- Cabin superstructure windows to both the starboard and port sides.
- Ledge to the rear of the sofa for storage/display.
- Grab rail running forward to aft on the underside of the port side deck
Linear style galley positioned to starboard.
- White coloured units comprising cupboards and draws.
- Twin bowl sink with mixer taps over.
- Gimballed stainless steel 3-burner oven with electric stove over and stainless grab rail.
- Contrasting grey and white coloured work tops with clear carbon edging/fiddles.
- Top opening Frigoboat refrigerator inset to the work top.
- Immediately forward of the galley area is a hanging locker.
- Grab rails to the deckhead running forward to aft.
Located to port between the saloon and portside cabin entrance door.
- Bench seat.
- Chart table with carbon edging strip/fiddle and cupboard under.
- Panels for integrating the recessed electronics.
- Navigation reading light.
- Battery isolator switches.
- Grab rail over.
Guest/Day Heads equipped with a Raritan Crown Head II electric flush marine WC and wash basin.
Starboard Aft Cabin with double berth, hanging locker and bench seat.
Portside Aft Cabin with double berth, hanging locker, bench seat.
- 12vDC pressure system with pressure pump and accumulator tank.
- Hot water supplied via engine cooling with a calorifier or via 220vAC immersion heater element from shore power.
- Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads, shower and stern shower.
- 22 litre hot water tank.
- 16,000 BTW Kilma air conditioning system with outlets in all cabins.
- 1x holding tank with a bypass valve fitted.
- Light grey coloured upholstery.
- 24vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC start circuit and 220v AC via the generator or shore power.
- 2x 12vDC Engine start batteries – One is from 2019.
- 3x Service batteries – November 2018.
- 2x Automatic battery chargers.
- 2x 12vDC engine-mounted alternators, one being 115amps for the service batteries and the other 55amps for the engine start batteries.
- Fisher Panda 4kw 220v generator – December 2018.
- 12vDC sockets.
- 220vAC shore power system with 220vAC ring main and power sockets internally.
- 12-volt DC distribution panel.
- Battery condition meter.
- Circuit breakers of appropriate amperage.
- Amp meter.
- Volt meter.
- Main battery isolator switch.
- ORC approved navigation lights.
- Twin carbon fibre helming wheels.
- 2 rows of stainless steel guard wires to either side (padded where required), stainless steel stanchions, pushpit and pulpits.
- Triple row of guard wires to the transom.
- 1x foredeck hatch.
- 6x low profile opening port holes.
- Transom shower.
- Transom mounted carbon mast to mount the gimbaled B&G radar and GPS receivers.
- German mainsheet system.
- Mainsheet traveller - 8:1 led under deck to the trimmer.
- Spinlock clutch XX0812 for centre, main, and wing halyards.
- Spinlock rope clutches for control.
- Gas locker in separate drained compartment.
- 2x Harken primary winches 3-speed B64-STA.
- 2x Harken mainsheet 2-speed self-tailing B56-STA.
- 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing B53-2STA positioned on the cabin roof.
- 1x Harken twisted pedestal positioned in the cockpit connected to operate the primary winches for faster and more efficient winch grinding.
- Carbon Formula fractionally rigged mast with two sets of swept back spreaders.
- Carbon Formula boom.
- Carbon spinnaker pole.
- Retractable carbon bowsprit.
- PBO rigging - 2009.
- Mast jack with hydraulic pump.
- Navtec hydraulic single backstay, boomvang and outhaul.
- Tuff luff forestay.
- Harken roller forestay furling system.
- All FSE Robline halyards & sheets.
- Yanmar 4JH3-C3 Turbo Diesel engine producing 56 HP on a Yanmar saildrive gearbox.
- 4-cylinder water cooled direct injection.
- Single Morse lever throttle and clutch control.
- Fuel filter and water separator.
- Engine hours – approx. 4,600 as of May 2019.
- Either a Gori 2-blade folding racing propeller or a Gori 3-blade cruising propeller.
- 1x 350 litre stainless steel fuel tank. Deck fill.
- B&G Zeus3 chartoplotter – October 2018.
- B&G automatic autopilot; B&G autopilot with remote control – October 2018.
- B&G echosounder – October 2018.
- B&G radar mounted on a carbon mast at the stern – October 2018.
- B&G speed indicator – October 2018.
- Instruments: 5 x Repeaters on mast, 2 x in cockpit and 1 x at chart table – October 2018.
- Vectran Helming compasses with covers (1x at each wheel).
- Inmarsat – October 2018.
- VHF radio – October 2018.
- Handheld VHF radio.
- Aluminium emergency steering tiller.
- 1x 6-person life raft.
- 1x 8-person life raft.
- 2x lifebouys mounted on the pushpits.
- Throwing line with lifebuoy mounted on one of the pushpits.
- 12x personal AIS flairs.
- Spinlock lifejackets.
- Safety location chart.
- Medical emergency reference book.
- First Aid kit.
- 1x Manual Whale Gusher 10GPM bilge pump in cockpit.
- 1x Manual Whale Gusher 10GPM bilge pump below the deck.
- 1x 12v DC Electric bilge pump below deck.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Mainsail boom stack-pack with lazy jacks.
- 2x Wheel and pedestal covers.
- 3.80m Mariner Inflatable tender.
- 15hp Mariner outboard.
- Brush Anchors.
- 80m of 10mm anchor chain.
- Mooring warps and fenders.
- Flush seacocks on all openings below DWL.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.