Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Stonington, Connecticut, United States|
|Max Draft||1.7 m|
|Min. Draft||1.7 m|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Engine Model||MD 1-20|
Everything you would expect from this quality Swedish builder, a superb pocket cruiser that punches well above its weight by Frers and Hallberg-Rassy. This Hallberg-Rassy 31 MKI is a late example hull, 303 of 307 Sputnik, and has been lovingly looked after. She spends her winters tucked up in nice warm shed.
July 2019. Price reduced to $95000 for quick sale! This is a beautiful sailboat, at a great price!
Offered to co-brokers on a commission split of 50/50.
SPUTNIK - a lightly used Hallberg-Rassy 31 MKI that typifies this Swedish boatbuilders commitment to seaworthiness, superb craftsmanship and 'trans ocean' construction. This particular example has been lovingly cared for; she is winterized in a starage building and professionally maintained by Dodson Boatyard in Stonington, Ct. She wants for nothing.
SPUTNIK is the tiller version, enjoying the benefits of immediate response and feedback under sail or power, increased cockpit space while also having the assistance of automatic helm when wanted.
Her interior is all mahogany and cleverly laid out giving the 'feel' and amenities of a much larger vessel. There are two separate full-size double cabins, one forward and one aft, a large head aft with shower, large saloon with two additional sea berths and a full-size chart table.
This is the fully equipped Scandinavia spec. which enjoys additional amenities such as a Webasto diesel heater, electric refrigeration, pressure water system, third battery and swim platform with shower to name but a few.
If owning an exceptionally built cruising sailboat with an emphasis on craftmanship, comfort and speed as well as a commitment to safety then SPUTNIK maybe for you whether at the dock, on a mooring or in all weather conditions. This Hallberg-Rassy is sure to impress her new owner, family and friends for many years of luxurious, comfortable, safe sailing.
This boat is hull number 303 of a total production run of 307 boats.
Hull, Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- SPUTNIK is the upgraded Scandinavia model which features 12mm teak decks, handrails in teak.
- Teak in the cockpit and on bathing platform.
- Aluminum toe rails.
- Windows have aluminum frames.
- An opening window over the galley, in the head and two in aft cabin.
- Two skylights for the forepeak.
Keel & Rudder:
- Stainless steel rudder shaft with tiller steering.
- Spinlock tiller extension.
Engine & Gearboxes:
- Volvo-Penta MD1-20 3 cylinder, fresh water cooled, 19 hp diesel engine.
- 400 Hours.
Maintenance & Performance:
- Engine Hours: c. 396.
Propulsion & Steering:
- Volvo-Penta folding prop.
- SPUTNIK features several electrical upgrades and amenities.
- Emergency switch at start battery.
- Two house batteries.
- One start battery (62 ah).
- Battery Charger, 12v/30A 110V, Mastervolt IVO Smart.
- Link 2000 battery monitor.
- Shore power 110v.
- Shore power cord 30 amp.
- Galvanic isolator 30A for shore connection.
Fresh Water & Water Heating System:
- Insulated water heater 22 litres lsotemp 110v.
- Two electric bilge pump and manual bilge pump.
- Water and fuel meters.
- Fuel gauge.
- Total capacity of 61 litres (16 US gallons).
- Total capacity of 189 litres (50 US gallons).
Grey/Blackwater holding tanks:
- Total holding tank capacity of 57 litres (15 US gallons).
- SPUTNIK is nicely equipped with all the necessary electronics for safe passages.
- Raymarnine ST4000+ autopilot for tiller.
- Raymarine E80 chartplotter (plug in at nav station or cockpit).
- Raymarine HD Digital Rader with additional bracket on coachroof.
- Raymarinne ST60 Wind.
- Raymarine ST60 Tridata.
- Raymarine ST60 Multi Repeater at Nav table.
- Icom M502 VHF at nav table.
- VHF Command Mike at helm.
- Gimballed two burner propane stove and oven.
- Isotherm refrigerator 12 volt.
- Stainless steel sinks.
- Hot and cold pressure water.
- 12v Hella fan at galley.
- Sea water pump in galley foot.
- Electric propane switch.
- White counter tops.
- Holding tank for head.
- Shower in head with electric sump pump.
- Shower at bathing platform.
Heating & Ventilation:
- Webasto Airtop 3500 diesel cabin heating system with 4 ducted outlets.
- Two Dorade vents on cabin roof.
- Pioneer AM/FM/CD Stereo (2 speakers).
Summary of Accommodation:
- Double berth forward.
- Two large settee bunks in main salon.
- Huge dining table with storage.
- Aft cabin with large bunk.
- Skylight in salon with mahoghany frame and curtain.
- Instrument rack at chart table.
Description of layout from forwards:
- SPUTNIK features a multi-use main salon with long settees port and starboard and a large dining table between with leafs that extend to the settees.
- The settees in the salon convert to extra wide comfortable single bunks by raising the hinged back rests of the settees.
- Forward of the salon is a private cabin with a large V berth that sleeps two.
- There is great storage below the bunks and shelves above with a locker above and forward.
- The galley is to port at the widest part of the boat. The galley offers excellent storage with double lockers outboard, deep drawers and lockers. Counter space is enhanced by a large fold up counter extension.
- Aft of the salon is the galley to port and a large navigation station to starboard.
- Aft of the galley is a private aft cabin with a large hanging locker and shelves.
- Aft of the chart table is the head and shower with easy clean surfaces, dry storage, sink and vanity and a head.
- All of these living spaces are serviced by the Webasto heating system that adds comfort and ensures a longer sailing season at both ends (spring and fall).
- Deck stepped aluminum Selden mast and boom.
- Selden rod kicker.
- Selden Furlex jib roller furling system.
- Genoa tracks with blocks and return pulleys to sheet winches.
- Spinnaker halyard.
- Upgraded winches.
- Lewmar 16 CST halyard winches.
- Lewmar 40 CST genoa winches.
- Lewmar jammer for furlex line.
- Fully battened Elvstrom main with Selden MDS cars.
- Dutchman System.
- Elvstrom 120% furling laminate Foam luff
- 100% Dacron Jib.
- Asymmetrical spinnaker (Quantum).
- There are handholds on the sides of the windshield.
- Chain locker forward with space for lenders, and big anchor roller.
- Integrated swim platform with ladder.
- Self-draining deck lockers with propane tank.
- Cockpit table.
Anchoring & Mooring Equipment:
- Anchor winch (manual).
- Danforth anchor.
- Dock line.
Covers, Canvas & Cushions:
- Tiller cover.
- Mainsail cover.
- Hatch covers.
- Cockpit cushions.
- Windshield with opening mid section and sprayhood.
- Thurston Custom Winter canvas boat cover.
Tender & Outboard:
- Teak outboard engine bracket.
- Life jackets.
- Fittings for lifebelt in cockpit.
- Winslow 4 person offshore liferaff (needs re-certification).
- MOM 8A (needs re-certification).
- Tri-color mast head light.
- Integrated swim platform with swim ladder.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.