Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||West Vancouver, British Columbia|
|Length at Water Line||10.06 m|
|Max Draft||2.03 m|
|Cabin Headroom||1.93 m|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Fuel Tanks||1 x 26 gal (Aluminum)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||2 x 35 gal (Plastic)|
|Holding Tanks||1 x 20 gal (Plastic)|
C&C Yachts mission was to create sailboats that reflected beauty, grace and speed. Head Designer Tim Jackett continued this quest in 2005 and the result was the winner of Sailing World’s 2006 "Boat of the Year" and "Best Racer/Cruiser", welcome to the award-winning C&C 115.
Thunderbird Yacht Sales is excited to introduce “Merlin" to our Sales Dock in West Vancouver. The C&C 115 reflects the ultimate yacht design of combining an epoxy hull with a carbon rig, while recognizing the never-ending challenge of matching performance sailing with comfortable cruising accommodations.
Merlin’s knowledgeable owner took this design several steps further by modifying the keel, rudder and rig structure to make this particular C&C 115 simply one of the best.
Entering down a set of gently angled companionway stairs, Merlin has an aura of space and modern elegance, complete with 6'4" headroom in the main salon. Tastefully finished in varnished cherry matched with a new teak and holly sole, Merlin has ample seating around a beautifully crafted center-line leafed table. The well thought out galley is located on the starboard side offering a large sink with pressurized hot and cold water, a 2-burner Force 10 gimballed propane stove with oven, top loading fridge, ample storage and beautifully finished moulded Granicote countertops. The comfortable navigation station situated on the port side is well equipped, with a thoughtfully laid out electrical panel, iCom VHF, dual battery monitoring system (new 2019) and controls for the Espar Hydronic heat and hot water.
A 2006 model that won Sailing Magazine's "Boat of the Year" and "Best Racer/Cruiser" award, many of Merlin's features are literally in "as new" condition. This boat has been maintained to the highest level by her knowledgeable owner, with all upgrades being thoroughly documented in a comprehensive maintenance log.
The C&C 115 is one of the rare performance sailboats that offers two separate cabins and ample berths for six.
The forward stateroom has a large over-length V-berth that has been positioned low for easy access. The cabin is light and airy thanks to the two centrally positioned opening hatches. The V-berth is hinged to allow easy access below and there is additional storage provided with dual hanging lockers, shelves and cabinets finished in varnished cherry with push-button latches.
The aft cabin offers a large double berth with plenty of space and a large hanging locker. The cabin has two large opening ports that provide lots of natural light and ventilation.
The nicely appointed head features a separate shower stall with a moulded seat and beautiful custom C&C plexiglass doors that have only been recently returned to Merlin and look brand new. The vanity has ample storage and the area is nicely illuminated with multiple LED lighting fixtures. A large opening hatch provides ventilation and the counters are finished with moulded Granicote.
The marine head has a 20-gallon holding tank with marine grade sanitation hoses and macerator pump, also offering a deck pump-out option.
The Main Salon is beautifully finished with varnished cherry and a new teak and holly sole. The headliner is light in colour with tasteful wood accents that creates a feeling of space and natural light reflection, with additional ventilation provided by the opening deck hatch. All interior lights and fixtures have been recently upgraded to LED and the space is kept warm and cozy through the cooler cruising months thanks to Espar Hydronic heat and hot water.
The iCom IC-M502 with MMSI, GlobalFix EPIRB, Ferris Link 2000 Advanced Dual Battery Monitor (new 2019) and controls for the Espar are all located at the navigation station and includes a white/red LED light fixture.
The galley is located to starboard and features a Force 10 2-burner gimballed propane stove and oven, top loading fridge with 4" of insulation and a large sink with hot and cold pressurized water. The moulded Granicote countertops and ample storage with lockers and drawers makes this the perfect galley for the Gourmet Chef or Race Crew on the go.
70 gallons of fresh water is carried onboard in two 35 gallon plastic tanks, strategically placed to keep the weight low and performance sailing a priority.
The C&C 115 offers a large and well thought out cockpit for both racing and cruising. The benches are over 6 feet in length and are deep with high backs for comfortable seating and include a set of removable cockpit cushions.
The transom can be easily converted to walk-thru by removing the carbon-fiber helm seat and features a drop down ladder and cockpit shower with hot and cold pressurized water.
The 60" wheel with new leather bound covering is located behind the traveller, with the Raymarine Autopilot ST6002 (with remote) located to port. A RAM mic is located at the helm and the Raymarine E80 GPS chartplotter is centrally mounted on the pedastal.
The elliptical foam-cored rudder with upgraded Jeffa rudder bearings is located as far aft as possible for maximum steering leverage and maneuverability.
Large insulated cockpit lockers are located on both the port and starboard side, and the La Fabrica custom dodger is easily removed for racing.
Rigging and Sails
- Upgraded fractional carbon rig with newly replaced standing and running rigging.
- LED Tri-colour masthead navigation light
- Powder coated aluminum boom
- Rigid Forespar boomvang
- Carbon spinnaker pole
- Aluminum spinnaker pole
- Genoa furling system with Harken removable drum
- 12 x Spinlock clutches
- 2 x halyard bags
- 2 x Harken 40 self-tailing coachtop winches
- 4 x Harken 46 self-tailing winches
- North 2013: 3DL Main, #1 Genoa, #4 Jib, 0.7oz AirX Symmetric spinnaker, Storm Jib
- UK Sails 2013: Code 0 Asymmetric spinnaker
- Quantum 2007: Main, #2 Genoa, .075oz Symmetric spinnaker, 1.5oz Symmetrc spinnaker, 1.5oz A2 Asymmetric spinnaker
- Clean, open deck plan with low-rise toe rail
- Two-tone wide side decks with moulded patterned non-skid
- Double stainless lifelines, with gate opening on both the port and starboard side
- Custom single stainless removable bow fitting
- Bruce anchor with below deck electric windlass
- Self bailing anchor locker
Electronics and Navigation
- Raymarine E80 GPS Chartplotter
- Raymarine Radar, with custom removable stainless post
- Raymarine Tri-Data (wind, speed, data)
- Raymarine ST6002 Autopilot, with ST100 remote
- iCom IC-M502 VHF with MMSI
- Dual radar reflectors
- Mast head windex
- Marine exterior cockpit speakers
- 12v DC circuit
- 110v AC shore power
- 3 x Trojan batteries (2017): 1 x starting battery, 2 x house batteries
- 30 amp Battery Charger & Invertor
- FerrisLink 2000 Advanced Dual Bank Battery Monitor (2019)
- Upgraded LED interior lighting
- Upgraded LED navigation lighting
- Smart Plug 30-amp shore power connection
Mechanical and Systems
- 28 HP Volvo Penta MD-130 saildrive with folding prop (Serviced July 2019)
- Single lever cockpit-mounted engine control with removable handle
- Multi-sided engine compartment access
- Racor fuel filter
- Espar Hydronic heat and hot water
- 26 gallon aluminum fuel tank
- 2 x 35 plastic water tanks
- 20 gallon plastic holding tank with macerator pump and deck pump-out option
- Manual and electric bilge pumps
- Bottom Paint: VC Offshore July 2019
- Custom emergency rudder system
- GlobalFix EPIRB
- iCom IC-M502 VHF with MMSI and RAM mic
- High Seas Lifesling
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.