Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Tax Status||Tax Paid|
|Length at Water Line||9.98 m|
|Max Draft||1.9 m|
|Min. Draft||1.9 m|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Propeller Type||2 Blade|
|Engine usage (hours)||260|
|Designer||Mattei Polli / Italia Yachts|
|Fuel Tanks||60 litres|
|Fresh Water Tanks||110 litres|
|Holding Tanks||15 litres|
Highly competitive example of the all-conquering and multi ORCi World Champion Italia 9.98 Fuoriserie. Offering rocketship performance with unparalleled ORC and IRC potential. Nominated for European Yacht of the Year and now available immediately.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
This particular example of the simply stunning Italia Yachts 9.98 Fuoriserie version was fitted out with a very high quality specification. Wrapped her protective and distinctive colors, she has never been put away wet and now that her owner is ready to move on to fresh projects, her wrap can be remove to expose her ‘as new’ white topsides.
Highlights of her specification include:
- B&G Hydra 5000 full instruments pack
- Safety equipment for ORC 4 cat. Races
- Full set of Millennium sails for racing
- Carbon fibre boom from Southern Spars
- Ubi Maior deck equipment
- PBO Forestay with Aero Tuff Luff
- Cariboni Hydraulic Forestay tensioner
- Larger Harken Performa winches
- Magic Wheel backstay tensioner
- Rod standing rigging
TAKE FIVE JR. is now offered for immediate sale at a very attractive price.
The Italia 9.98 Club encloses all the most important features defining the Italia Yachts brand. The Italia 9.98 is designed specifically for fun sailing and is particularly dedicated to handicap racing (ORC and IRC), but it is also well indicated for short cruises.
The Italia 9.98 is a fast boat but at the same time easy to sail. The main project purpose has been to find the correct balance between the different kind of use, from windward-leeward races to offshore racing or cruising, obtaining a true all-round yacht with an optimal balance between upwind and downwind performance both in light and strong winds.
Both the Italia 9.98 Fuoriserie and Club models were created by Italia Yachts chief designer Matteo Polli in collaboration with hull designer Matteo Ledri of CapeHorn Engineering for CFD analysis and the interior designer Kristian Macchiut of KMD.
In 2017, the Italia 9.98 Club – almost identical in construction and performance to the 9.98 Fuoriserie – was launched. With only minor modifications needing to be made the Club is designed to be more comfortable to cruise.
The Italia 9.98 will have you sailing faster and safer. Winner of two consecutive ORC World Championships 9.98 Fuoriserie is a pure race version. The 9.98 Club is equally as happy flat out in race mode or on a relaxing family cruise.
Club version of the 9,98 is the cruiser version of the award winning 9,98 Fuoriserie. She has a better use of the interior volume, with a 2 burners and tilting oven. Club version has two steering wheel in the cockpit and the integrated bowsprit with anchor windlass. All this with a little 50 kgs more displacement compared to the Fuoriserie.
“There isn’t a barbecue in the stern, and – if the truth be told – not even a table in the cockpit, but you can go cruising because the below-decks liveability is more than satisfactory, as are the cabin sizes. And above all it can be a sailing cruise, even with light winds. The answer to the first question is yes. Italia Yachts has shown that with a few modi cations, which had already been anticipated at the planning stage, you can turn a fast racing boat into a fairly comfortable cruiser“.
(Nicolò Volpati, Barche magazine test sail)
- Winner 2015 ORC World Championship (Low Noise II)
- Winner 2016 ORC Dutch National Championship (Bachyachting)
- Winner 2016 ORC World Championship (Bachyachting)
- Silver 2016 ORC European Championship (Sugar)
- Winner 2018 ORC Italian National Championship (Sugar)
- Winner 2018 ORCi Swedish National Championship (Immac Fram)
- Winner 2019 ORC Kiel Week (Immac Fram)
- The vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised A – Offshore.
Hull and deck Construction:
- Hull and deck are sandwich with a variable density PVC core.
- Outer layers are biaxial and unidirectional glass fibres impregnated with vinyl ester resin.
- A single structural frame, bonded internally reinforces the hull spreading the mast, keel and rigging loads.
- Hull and deck are finished in gelcoat with the side decks having a moulded nonslip surface
- Teak laid cockpit sole and cockpit bench seating in the cockpit
Keel & Rudder:
- The keel has a reverse “T” configuration with the blade and torpedo casted in lead with 3% antimony. The geometry has been designed using modern flow simulation software which allowed to obtain a very efficient wing despite of a shallow draft.
- The rudder blade is laminated with biaxial / unidirectional reinforcements and PVC core on female moulds. The rudder stock is made of anodized 6082 aluminum, CNC milled biconical with support blades. The stock bearings are self- aligning.
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo Penta D1-20 3-cylinder 20hp diesel engine
- Freshwater cooling system governed by thermostat
- Saildrive gearbox
- Single lever throttle/gear control
Service & Maintenance:
- Engine hours – approx. 260 summer 2019
- Serviced yearly
Propulsion & Steering:
- 2-bladed folding propeller
- Tiller steering system
- 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower
- 1x 12vDC 70Ah engine start battery
- 1x 12vDC 70Ah service battery
- 115 Ah engine mounted marine alternator
- 220vAC battery charger
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump
- Hot water produced by engine-driven calorifier or via immersion heater element in 20 litre well-insulated hot water tank.
- 12vDC electric bilge pump
- 1x manual bilge pump
- 60 litre fuel capacity
- 110 litres fresh water capacity with level indicator at DC panel
- 15 litre black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- B&G H5000 CPU with Performance softwar
- B&G Vertical Masthead Unit carbon fibre race version
- B&G H500 3D Motion correction
- B&G H500 StartLine liner sensor
- 2x B&G H5000 Race Display in the cockpit
- 3x B&G H5000 HV display at the mast
- B&G V50 VHF with DSC and built-in AIS receiver
- Two-burner Techimpex gas stove with oven, protected by stainless steel guard
- Formica single sink with hot & cold pressurised fresh water tap
- Formica counter tops and sink cover
- 12vDC 60 litre capacity top loading refrigerator with drain valve
- Manual Jabsco marine toilet
- Hot & cold pressurised water supply with shower
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 6 berths in open-plan forward cabin space, large double aft cabin and two saloon settee berths.
- The modern design characterized by gelcoat surfaces is studied so that it can be functional in both racing and cruising situations. Some parts, such as closets and cabinets are made of fabric.
- This particular example features special Italia Yachts saddle leather trim to the upholstery in the saloon and accommodation cabins
- The floor is made of marine plywood finished in antislip plastic laminate.
- Internal doors are equipped with thresholds and finished with technical frames in aluminum to increase resistance to hard usage.
Accommodation layout from Forward:
Forward Cabin Space:
- The bow cabin consists of the bed double bed of 1.95 m long and two wall units with sliding doors.
- The comfortable compartment under the bed floor is also usable for stowage.
- The saloon offers two comfortable seats that they can become two beds if necessary singles from 1.95m
- The central wing table has folding leaves and can accommodate up to 6 people and offers a comfortable footing in navigation.
- With the table's doors in place lowered, the bow-stern passage allows you storage space for sails in a race situation.
- The long cabinets side with sliding doors complete the furnishing of the dinette offering elevated stowage space.
- Located at the aft end of the saloon with a dedicated seat and forward facing table.
- Stowage of laptop.
- DC panel
- LED lighting
- L-shaped galley aft of saloon to port.
- Sink with pressurised hot & cold water supply.
- Large fridge
- 2-burner stove with oven
- Draw and cupboard comparments.
- Aft of galley to port.
- Spacious double cabin with 1.98m long double berth.
- Canvas wardrobe with shoe compartment.
- Door access to saloon area.
- Manual marine heads
- Sink with mixer shower tap.
- Tall cabinets
- Access to stern stowage locker, ideal for stowage of sails and sailing gear.
- Aluminium anodised spars
- Deck-stepped mast with tapered 9/10 fractional profile.
- Two sets of swept-back spreaders
- Spinnaker track on mast
- Carbon fibre Southern Spars boom
- 1x19 stainless steel discontinuous standing rigging with turnbuckles
- Textile backstay with 48:1 block & tackle adjustment
- Gottifredi running rigging and sheets
- German mainsheet system
- Fine adjustment for mainsail halyard
- Ball-bearing batten cars for mainsail
- Transverse jib tracks adjustable from cockpit
- All control lines led aft to companionway
- Block & tackle rod vang
- Harken Windward sheeting traveller
- PBO Forestay with Aero Tuff Luff
- All winches are Performa Harken larger than standard
- 2x Harken St. 2-speed manual self-tailing jib winches
- 2x Harken St. 2-speed manual self-tailing mainsheet winches adjacent to helms
- 2x Harken St. 2-speed manual self-tailing halyard and control line winches at companionway
- All sails are Millennium, all the 2017 sails are used just in one world championship
- Full batten main – 2016
- Jib 1 – 2016
- Jib 2 – 2016
- Jib 3 – 2016
- Jib 4 – 2016
- Symmetric spinnaker S1 – 2016
- Symmetric spinnaker S2 – 2016
- Staysail – 2016
- A0 – 2017
- Storm main – 2016
- Millennium Carbo GP (black film) main – 2017
- Millennium Carbo GP (black film) job – 2017
- Jib 1 - 2017
- Jib 2 – 2017
- Symmetric spinnaker S1 – 2017
- Jib 1 - 2019
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Grabau International (Italia) offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International (Italia) provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Dedicated client accounts provided by stakeholder Grabau International Limited are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.