Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Tax Status||Tax Not Paid|
|Length at Water Line||11.65 m|
|Max Draft||2.1 m|
|Min. Draft||2.1 m|
|Engine Make||Volvo Penta|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Propeller Type||2 Blade|
|Designer||Italia Yachts – Matteo Polli – Arbore and Partners|
|Fuel Tanks||110 litres|
|Fresh Water Tanks||200 litres|
|Holding Tanks||15 litres|
Fast-cruising spec, demonstrator version of the newly-launched Italia 11.98 Bellissima, available for immediate delivery. Arguably the ultimate 40ft performance cruiser on the market today and current ORC World Champion in full racing configuration.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
A fantastic opportunity to immediately purchase one of the hottest new launches of 2019 at a sizeable saving over list price. The new Italia Yachts 11.98 is available in two versions, for racing or for fast performance cruising. The fast performance cruising version is the Bellissima, and this fully optioned example is 100% ready to go.
Already well proven on the race circuit with the IY 11.98 ‘SUGAR’ winning the 2019 ORC World Championships straight out of the mould, the performance credentials of the IY 11.98 need little introduction. The Bellissima version combines this blistering performance, with ultimate ease-of-handling for short-handed crews, allowing family sailors, or even single/twin-handed sailors the ability to experience racing yacht performance, even during a lazy trip out across the bay.
This demonstrator version benefits from the following option highlights over and above her standard specification:-
- Larger Volvo Penta 40hp engine
- 2 blades folding propeller
- Composite steering wheels
- Ubi Maior JB Jiber furling jib system
- Harken Performance winches package
- Carbon fibre Axxon mast and boom
- Quantum Sails
- Upgraded upholstery “Leather version”
- Shower in cockpit
- Removable benches in cockpit
- Foldable swimming ladder
- Epoxy and antifouling
- German mainsheet system
- B&G Triton multi-displays
- B&G Triton autopilot
- B&G Vulcan 7 GPS chart plotter
- B&G VHF with DSC and AIS receiver
- ORC GPH 590 (provisional)
The Italia 11.98 project is aimed to create a boat that is really adaptable to different uses both cruising and racing. The result is a boat that will inspire the most ambitious pro sailor and, at the same time, will give pleasing cruises to its owner. Fun, highly performing and easy at the helm, Italia 11.98 has an essential and clean design, perfect for racing, without giving up space and maintaining adequate interior volumes and layout for long cruises. Italia 11.98 reintroduces the concept of all-round boat, really able to support the efforts of the best sailing teams, as well as to meet the comfort needs of a more leisure oriented purpose.
I expect the Italia Yachts 11.98 will be better in light winds – that´s honestly where the 9.98 was suffering a bit. This will make the 11.98 more suitable for offshore racing in the Med where light winds are dominant. However, she will be still very good in medium to strong conditions and reaching, in fact the hull topsides have been designed to improve dynamic stability at high angles of heel. I have also been trying to have the interior space layout as such that it will be easier to stack sails and crew on windward when the boat is used in offshore racing. This is by the way the reason why the layout of the boat is symmetrical.
- The vessel complies with the European Union Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised A – Offshore.
Hull and deck Construction:
- Hull and deck are sandwich with a variable density PVC core.
- Outer layers are biaxial and unidirectional glass fibres impregnated with vinyl ester resin.
- A single structural carbon fibre reinforcement, bonded internally reinforces the hull spreading the mast, keel and rigging loads.
- Hull and deck are finished in gelcoat with the side decks having a moulded nonslip surface
Keel & Rudder:
- The keel has a reverse “T” configuration with the blade and torpedo casted in lead with 3% antimony. The geometry has been designed using modern flow simulation software which allowed to obtain a very efficient wing despite of a shallow draft.
- The rudder blade is laminated with biaxial / unidirectional reinforcements and PVC core on female moulds. The rudder stock is made of anodized 6082 aluminum, CNC milled biconical with support blades. The stock bearings are self- aligning.
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo Penta D2-40 4-cylinder 40hp diesel engine
- Freshwater cooling system governed by thermostat
- Saildrive gearbox
- Single lever throttle/gear control
Service & Maintenance:
- Engine hours – Test and press sailing usage only.
Propulsion & Steering:
- 2-bladed folding propeller
- Twin wheel Jefa steering system with 800mm composite helm wheels.
- 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower
- 1x 12vDC 70Ah AGM engine start battery
- 2x 12vDC 70Ah AGM service battery
- 115 Ah engine mounted marine alternator
- 220vAC battery charger
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Pressurised fresh water supply via 12vDC pressure pump
- Hot water produced by engine-driven calorifier or via immersion heater element in 20 litre well-insulated hot water tank.
- 12vDC electric bilge pump
- 1x manual bilge pump
- 110 litre fuel capacity
- 200 litres fresh water capacity with level indicator at DC panel
- 15 litre black water holding tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- B&G H 5000 GPS chart plotter with integrated WiFi
- B&G H 5000 autopilot
- 2x B&G Triton multi-displays in cockpit with wind, speed and depth transducers
- 4x B&G multi-display at the mast
- Steering compass in cockpit
- B&G V50 VHF with DSC and built-in AIS receiver
- Three-burner Techimpex gas stove with oven, protected by stainless steel guard
- Formica single sink with hot & cold pressurised fresh water tap
- Formica counter tops and sink cover
- 12vDC 60 litre capacity top loading refrigerator with drain valve
- Electric Jabsco marine toilet
- Hot & cold pressurised water supply with shower
Summary of Accommodation:
- Up to 8 berths in three double cabins plus saloon berths
- The modern design characterized by gelcoat surfaces is studied so that it can be functional in both racing and cruising situations. Some parts, such as closets and cabinets are made of fabric.
- This particular example features special Italia Yachts saddle leather trim to the upholstery in the saloon and accommodation cabins
- The floor is made of marine plywood finished in antislip plastic laminate.
Accommodation layout from Forward:
Forward Cabin Space:
- The bow cabin consists of the bed double bed and two wall units with doors.
- The comfortable compartment under the bed floor is also usable for stowage.
- The saloon offers two comfortable seats that they can become two beds if necessary singles
- The central wing table has folding leaves and can accommodate up to 6 people and offers a comfortable footing in navigation.
- With the table's doors in place lowered, the bow-stern passage allows you storage space for sails in a race situation.
- The long cabinets side with sliding doors complete the furnishing of the dinette offering elevated stowage space.
- Located at the aft end of the saloon with a dedicated seat and forward facing table.
- Stowage of laptop.
- DC panel
- LED lighting
- L-shaped galley aft of saloon to port.
- Sink with pressurised hot & cold water supply.
- Large fridge
- 2-burner stove with oven
- Draw and cupboard comparments.
- Aft of galley to port.
- Spacious double cabin with double berth.
- Wardrobe with shoe compartment.
- Door access to saloon area.
- Electric marine heads
- Sink with mixer shower tap.
- Carbon fibre black Axxon spars
- Deck-stepped mast with tapered 9/10 fractional profile.
- Two sets of swept-back spreaders
- Stainless steel discontinuous standing rigging with turnbuckles
- Textile backstay with 48:1 block & tackle adjustment
- Dyneema running rigging and sheets
- German mainsheet system
- Integrated bowsprit fitting
- Fine adjustment for mainsail halyard
- Ball-bearing batten cars for mainsail
- Transverse jib tracks adjustable from cockpit
- All control lines led aft to companionway
- 6x jammers plus additional cam cleats for control lines
- Block & tackle rod vang
- Main surface 50 sqm (538,2 sq ft)
- Jib surface 43 sqm (462,8 sq ft)
- Spinnaker surface 110 sqm (1.184 sq ft)
- Lazy bag with lazy jacks
- 2x Harken 2-speed manual self-tailing jib winches
- 2x Harken 2-speed manual self-tailing mainsheet winches adjacent to helms
- 2x Harken 2-speed manual self-tailing halyard and control line winches at companionway
- Quantum full batten mainsail (black polyester)
- Quantum furling jib with vertical batter (black polyester)
- Quantum Gennaker
- Stainless steel twin guardwires and stanchions
- Open-front stainless steel pulpit and split pushpits
- Removable cockpit benches
- Cockpit shower
- Folding bathing ladder
Anchoring & Mooring:
- 12vDC 500w Lofrans electric anchor windlass
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
Grabau International (Italia) offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International (Italia) provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Dedicated client accounts provided by stakeholder Grabau International Limited are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.