Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Charleston, South Carolina, United States|
|Length at Water Line||10.36 m|
|Max Draft||1.96 m|
|Min. Draft||1.58 m|
|Total Sail Area||989 m²|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Fuel Tanks||53 gal|
|Fresh Water Tanks||99 gal|
Model Available for Viewing at Boot Düsseldorf
The Xc 38 offers superb performance in an easily handled package, ideal for doublehanded sailing. This model was the second yacht in the Xcruising range to be named European Yacht of the Year in the Luxury Cruiser category, on its launch. The judges were particularly impressed by the spaciousness and luxurious levels of comfort in the interior.
Under sail, under motor or in harbour, the Xc 38 may be easily and safely sailed double-handed, yet still offers ample space both above and below decks to accommodate guests and family.
*Base pricing for new boat from factory not including customization or delivery.
40th Anniversary Edition
Following extensive feedback from a large group of Xc owners as well as X-Yachts' experience over the last 10 years, 2019 will see the launch of the X-Yachts 40 Years Anniversary edition of the Xc Range. Today, the Xcruising line encompasses five models - Xc 35, Xc 38, Xc 42, Xc 45 and Xc 50 and are all based on the same principles - a moderate hull shape with increased displacement, allowing for larger engines, batteries, tanks and anchoring gear. They share deep sections, and a forward ‘V’ shape to minimize slamming and make for a comfortable motion when going through waves, either under power or sail. Designed for long-distance passages, the Xcruising line features exten-sive teak decking, and a wide choice of windscreen, sprayhood and bimini op-tions. The Anniversary Edition of the Xc’s builds upon the success of the Xcruising range with an updated specification implementing improvements from feedback gathered from a fleet of over 300 Xc yachts worldwide.
From this edition of the Xc’s and onwards, the Xc models are built using epoxy infusion in the hull. X-Yachts hulls are post-cured or “oven-baked” to improve structural properties of the composite. Epoxy resin has higher me-chanical and thermal stability than traditional polyester resins. Added value to this production method is weight reduction and increased stability.
Exterior upgrades include:
Vacuum-infused oven-baked epoxy hull
New optional jib self-tacker design
Optional composite bowsprit
New option for alternative synthetic teak, Flexiteek.
Interior upgrades include:
Nordic Oak furniture
New upholstery types
New cushion design
New interior fittings throughout
Systems upgrade highlights include:
New tank displays showing remaining volume
Upgraded ambient lighting.
The upgraded versions of the Xc 38 as well as the Xc 45 will be presented at the Boot in Düsseldorf in January 2019 for the very first time!
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Xc 38 was the second yacht in the Xcruising Range to be named European Yacht of the Year in the "Luxury Cruiser" Category, on its launch in 2011. The judges were particularly impressed by the spaciousness and luxurious levels of comfort in the interior. Under sail, under motor or in harbour, the Xc 38 may be easily and safely sailed double-handed, yet still offers ample space both above and below decks to accomodate guests and family.
- Built in sandwich construction with structural compressed foam
- Bi-directional E-glass strategically positioned for strength and weight optimization
- Solid laminate in high stress areas around keel and through hull fittings
- Outer surface of hull in white sprayed Gelcoat (RAL 9010 white) with 3 waterlines in dark grey Gelcoat (RAL 7011 dark grey)
- Hull moulded in female moulds for highest quality surface finish
- Structural bulkhead in marine plywood varying in thickness from 16-24 mm
- Steel frame - hot-galvanised, high strength, laminated into hull to absorb all loads from keel and mast
- Single point hoist for easy and safe lifting and launching of the yacht
- Bathing platform incorporated in transom port with hoisting and lowering system, manual
- Bathing ladder in stainless steel mounted onto bathing platform
- Continuous stainless steel rail protection mounted on sheerline
- Hull recessed portlights - X-Yachts style (4 pcs)
- Built in sandwich construction with structural compressed foam
- E-glass with bi-directional strategically positioned for strength
- Outer surface of deck in white sprayed Gelcoat (RAL 9010 white)
- Deck and locker lids moulded in female moulds for highest quality surface finish
- Teak deck, vacuum applied, 9 mm nominal thickness on side deck, coach roof, cockpit sole, seats and bathing platform
- Bulwark with teak capping incorporated in deck/hull design
- Anchor locker - drained with space for anchor chain
- Gas locker, hinged box for 2 x 3 kg gas bottle mounted in aft port locker (1 x 3 kg is delivered with the yacht)
- Space for 6 man life raft
- Gas springs fitted to all cockpit lockers (3 pcs)
- Cockpit table with space for navigation instruments and compass
- First class craftsmanship characterises wooden interior with minimum number of visible screws
- Pre-selected, top grade Technical Teak veneer throughout yacht, hand polished and varnished to satin finish
- Bulkheads in various thickness bonded to hull
- Technical teak veneered bulkheads with recessed panel effect on main bulkhead
- White laminate Bulkheads used for anchor locker bulkhead, aft and longitudinal bulkhead of aft cabin
- GRP deck head liner with integrated light fittings
- GRP hull liner including heads floor and shower tray
- Floorboards of 16 mm marine plywood with imitated teak and Gaboon plywood inlay stripes and inspection hatches to access bilge
- Freeboard in cabins lined with vinyl covered 6 mm panels
- Soft white headlining panels in saloon and owner's cabin
- Companionway steps of curved unvarnished teak
- Handrails by entrance and alongside coach roof portlights in main cabin
- Blinds and flyscreen throughout on Oceanair skylights (4 pcs)
- Coachroof portlights fitted with pleated blinds in saloon
- Large double berth (205cm x 200cm, max width). Marine plywood mattress supports with ventilation holes for improved ventilation. Mattresses in 120 mm comfort foam - spring mattresses optional
- Seat to port (45cm x 45cm)
- Symetrical wardrobes port and starboard (80cm x 72cm) with shelves and hangers.
- Freeboard cupboards and shelves above berth
- Storage space under owners berth for bedding
- Inspection hatch in floorboards for access to speed and depth transducers
- To port: L-shaped 4 seater sofa (215 cm x 120 x 62cm) surrounding dining table, foldable
- To starboard: Long sofa (200cm x 62cm)
- To starboard: Dedicated navigation station (80cm x 64cm) with ample storage for charts. Drawers below and additional storage below navigation seat
- Upper storage cabinets behind behind both sofas providing storage for glasses, books etc.
- Electrical switch board located adjacent to navigation seat with additional space for navigational and communication equipment
- Large double berth (205 cm x 145 cm, max width) Marine plywood mattress support with ventilation holes for improve ventilation. Mattresses with 120 mm comfort foam.
- Double wardrobe (97cm x 72cm) with shelves and hangers.
- Freeboard shelves above berth
Head & Shower Compartment
- Bulkheads covered with white laminate surfaces and furniture is white GRP
- Marine toilet, manually flushed
- Tabletop and sink in white GRP
- Mixer taps, single lever luxury for sink and shower
- Electrical pump for shower floor sump, manually operated switch
- Towel hook and paper holder in stainless steel
- Mirrors integrated in cupboard doors
- Plexiglass glass shower door minimises spray
- Shower seat enables safe usage at sea
- Galley, U-shaped (150 cm x 150cm). Large table top made in Camoan white Corian Sinks, rectangular recessed stainless steel with single lever mixing tap (2 pcs) including 2 cutting boards
- Cool box, GRP top opened 120 l with 100 mm insulation, built in Isotherm SP, accumulator plate sea water cooled Danfoss compressor
- Gas cooker - 2 burner cooker with oven
- Shelves, drawers and lockers provide storage space for cutlery and food
- Waste bin mounted under sinks
- Main engine Volvo 40 HP 4 cylinder water cooled diesel engine with S-Drive
- Special engine compartment with sound insulation ensures low noise level in yacht
- Engine easily accessible for service at the forward end, through companionway steps; and from the aft end via removable GRP box.
- Folding propeller, 3-bladed bronze for S-drive
- Engine control panel and throttle/gear lever placed in starboard cockpit coaming. Engine control panel incorporates rpm meter, hour counter, acoustic alarm for oil pressure and cooling water temperature
- Tank in seamless high grade linear polyethylen for fuel mounted i starboard cockpit locker. VDO analogue level gauge, baffles, filter with water separator and shut-off valve and deck fill (215 litre)
- 12 V DC system throughout yacht
- X-Yachts main switch board with 27 automatic fuses and 3 analogue VDO meters for fuel, water and battery voltage.
- 12 V DC system for main engine installation
- Combined deck and steaming light fitted
- All cabling terminates in “dry” GRP box fitted behind main electrical panel for added safety
- AGM batteries (total 260 Ah@12 V) securely mounted under main cabin sofa (2 pcs x 130Ah)
- Separate engine spiral-cell battery (55 Ah, 12 V) mounted near main engine for starting of engine. Battery is charged via the engine.
- Shore power installation with shore power inlet mounted in cockpit protected by 10A main fuse. 230V AC distribution box located at navigation table with integrated ground fault circuit breaker/10A fuse, 230 V AC socket and switches for hot water immersion heater and battery charger. Shore power cable - 25 meters.
- Charger 12V/50A, mounted
- 12 V halogen lights fitted for general purpose below deck throughout cabins
- Chart table light fitted
- General lights and dome spotlights integrated in inner liner
- Reading lights throughout aft cabin, main cabin and owners cabin (8 pcs)
Mast and Rigging
- Fractional double spreader, tapered silver anodized aluminium mast stepped on steel frame and specially designed for Xc 38
- Combined deck and steaming light, Windex with light, tube for additional electrical equipment and 2 mast steps fitted
- Silver anodized boom with single line reefing and internal boom outhaul, telescopic vang and outer purchase block system
- Split backstay fitted with single Navtec integral backstay adjuster on port side and turnbuckle on starboard side
- Chain plates in stainless steel fitted to stainless steel tie rods (2 pcs)
- Discontinuous rod rigging throughout with rod turnbuckles
- Chain plates in stainless steel for forestay and split backstay (3 pcs)
- Spectra halyards led back to cockpit for easy handling:
- Main halyard 12 mm
- Genoa halyard 12 mm
- Mast head spinnaker halyard 12 mm
- Spectra sheets and polyester control and reefing lines:
- Mainsheet 10 mm
- Genoa Sheet 10 mm
- Reef 1 10 mm
- Reef 2 10 mm
- Furling control line 8 mm
- Outhaul 8 mm
- Vang control line 8 mm
- Flag pole, teak with bronze bushing (1 pcs)
- Fire extinguishers, dry powder of 2 kg each, fitted throughout the yacht (4 pcs) and one fire blanket
- Fenders, white air-filled with lanyards and X-Yachts logo (4 pcs)
- Mooring ropes, polyester 20 m x 14 mm (2 pcs)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.