Presented For Sale By:
Presented For Sale By:
|Length at Water Line||14.86 m|
|Max Draft||2.84 m|
|Dry Weight||37038 lb|
|Headsail Area||805 ft²|
|Mainsail Area||1053 ft²|
|Propeller Type||3 Blade|
|Fuel Tanks||106 gal (Aluminum)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||145 gal (Stainless Steel)|
The Xp 55 is the flagship model in the Xp range, and raises the bar for performance sailing yachts. This model offers an unbeatable sailing experience combined with luxurious levels of comfort. Since its launch in 2013 it has impressed reviewers and sailors alike, with test reports praising the boat for its ‘dinghy-like feel’, fast pace, and the ability to sail the boat rapidly and easily double-handed.
Utilizing the same hi-tech construction methods as the rest of the Xp range, the Xp 55 has an impressive ballast ratio for her size for controllable, stable high performance sailing.
Although the largest yacht in the range, the Xp 55 is designed for ease of short-handed cruising. Concealed control lines are led aft, placing all sheets, halyards and trim lines to hand. A below-deck furling drum and longitudinal genoa tracks with adjustable cars are fitted as standard. The mainsheet is led aft for ease of handling from the cockpit, while a windward tweaker block system can be deployed when racing for both the main and genoa.
The Xperformance bow options include a carbon sprit of fixed tack point for setting a 2583 sq.ft asymmetric, while the sprit may also neatly house an anchor arm. The helmsman’s position may also be customized with a choice of five pedestal options, including an extra-large instrument mount with potential for a dual control throttle.
The electrically operated folding transom can be deployed to create a teak-topped bathing platform with swim ladder, while the aft ‘garage’ can accommodate tender dinghies approx. 8 ft in length, with dedicated life raft storage under the cockpit sole. There is also a bow locker with electric anchor windlass.
The Xp 55 now comes with a brand new lighter interior option made from Oak-Tech (O-tech) veneer (shown in picture gallery).
The Xp 55 interior offers an exceptional level of customization, with a choice of layouts – each with three spacious double cabins – and finishes. The master cabin includes an en suite, which may be fitted to port with the double berth central, or the double berth can be fitted to port with the en suite forward, for direct access to the fore peak and sail locker. The aft symmetrical cabins may be fitted with optional pipe berths, and there is a choice of a single second heads and wet room accessible from the main saloon, which also allows for an extra spacious galley, or twin en suite heads for the aft cabins.
Other options include a concealed lifting television in the saloon, and a choice of high quality materials including Corian galley worktops and hand-crafted carpentry. The galley is equipped with a triple-jet gas oven, microwave, top-loading fridge-freezer, front-loading fridge and ample storage. There is also space for optional appliances such as a dishwasher or Nespresso coffee machine.
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Xp 55 is the flagship model in the Xp range, and raises the bar for performance sailing yachts. This model offers an unbeatable sailing experience combined with luxurious levels of comfort. Since its launch in 2013 it has impressed reviewers and sailors alike, with test reports praising the boat for its ‘dinghy-like feel’, fast pace, and the ability to sail the boat rapidly and easily double-handed. Utilising the same hi-tech construction methods as the rest of the Xp range, the Xp 55 has an impressive ballast ratio for her size for controllable, stable high performance sailing.
Although the largest yacht in the range, the Xp 55 is designed for ease of short-handed cruising. Concealed control lines are led aft, placing all sheets, halyards and trim lines to hand. A below-deck furling drum and longitudinal genoa tracks with adjustable cars are fitted as standard. The mainsheet is led aft for ease of handling from the cockpit, while a windward tweaker block system can be deployed when racing for both the main and genoa. The Xperformance bow options include a carbon sprit of fixed tack point for setting a 240m2 asymmetric, while the sprit may also neatly house an anchor arm. The helmsman’s position may also be customised with a choice of five pedestal options, including an extra-large instrument mount with potential for a dual control throttle. The electrically operated folding transom can be deployed to create a teak-topped bathing platform with swim ladder, while the aft ‘garage’ can accommodate tender dinghies up to 3.0-3.2 m in length, with dedicated liferaft storage under the cockpit sole. There is also a bow locker with electric anchor windlass.
The Xp 55 interior offers an exceptional level of customisation, with a choice of layouts – each with three spacious double cabins – and finishes. The master cabin includes an ensuite, which may be fitted to port with the double berth central, or the double berth can be fitted to port with the ensuite forward, for direct access to the forepeak and sail locker. The aft symmetrical cabins may be fitted with optional pipecots, and there is a choice of a single second heads and wet room accessible from the main saloon, which also allows for an extra spacious galley, or twin ensuite heads for the aft cabins.
- Built in sandwich construction with structural foam core
- Bi-directional and uni directional E-glass strategically positioned for strength and weight optimization
- Solid laminate in high stress areas in way of keel top, stern gear and rudder tube
- Outer surface of hull in white sprayed Gelcoat (RAL 9010 white) with 3 waterlines in dark blue Gelcoat (RAL 5011 dark blue)
- Hull epoxy infused in female moulds for optimum consolidation and high quality surface finish
- Structural bulkheads in marine plywood varying in thickness from 16-24 mm laminated to hull
- Structural hull liner bonded into hull. Carbon fiber reinforcements to absorb all loads from keel and mast
- Single point lift attachment eye for easy and safe lifting and launching of the yacht - see extra for polyester strap and shackle.
- Aft tender garage to accommodate inflatable tender. (Size Lmax = 320 cm, Bmax= 160 cm, Hmax = 65 cm),Transom door electrically operated
- Bathing ladder in stainless steel to be hooked onto transom door when lowered - stored in aft cockpit locker
- Hull recessed portlights - Rectangular (6 pcs)
- Polyester deck with structural foam core
- E-glass with bi and uni-directional cloth strategically positioned for strength
- Outer surface of deck in white sprayed gelcoat (RAL 9010)
- Deck and locker lids moulded in female moulds for highest quality surface finish
- Teak, vacuum applied, 9 mm nominal thickness on cockpit sole and seats
- Safety toerail incorprated in deck design forward, tapers down aft for comfortable hiking
- Anchor locker - drained area with windlass and space for anchor chain
- Sail Cabin - aft of the anchor locker with space for general storage
- Gas locker for 2 x 3 kg gas bottle located in side deck
- Gas spring fitted to sail locker, forward and aft cockpit lockers (4 pcs)
- Foot chocks - deck recessed aft of steering wheels
- Integrated rope compartments in front of steering wheels, port and starboard, under side deck
- Cockpit floor locker with hinged lid, with space for optional cockpit table and liferaft storage below - Max size of liferaft 800 x 500 x 325
- Xp 55 - Three cabin layout with heads situated in owner's cabin and STB aft
- The interior consists of a combination of white composite and wooden units.
- Utilising first class craftmanship and lamination techniques
- Hand selected, top grade, veneer throughout yacht, hand polished and varnished to satin finish
- Veneered bulkheads
- White laminate bulkheads used inside bathrooms, on aft bulkhead and longitudinal bulkheads under cockpit floor
- GRP deck head liner throughout with integrated light fittings. White vinyl panels on coachroof sides and deck head in the main cabin
- Oceanair blinds incl flyscreen fitted to skylights (9 pcs)
- Sliding curtains fitted to hull windows in owners and aft cabins (4 pcs)
- GRP hull liner including heads floor and shower trays
- Floorboards of 16 mm marine plywood with imitated teak and Gaboon plywood inlay stripes and inspection hatches to access bilge
- Companionway (GRP moulding) with steps of curved unvarnished teak
- Handrails by entrance and alongside coach roof portlights in main cabin in stainless steel
Standard owner's cabin with berth on center line
- Large double centre berth. Marine plywood mattress supports. Mattresses in 15 cm comfort foam. Max size 201 x 160 cm
- Seat with backrest cushion to port & starboard
- Large, white, double composite wardrobe (95 cm wide) with shelves and hangers on starboard
- Freeboard cupboards and shelves above berth
- 2 large drawers below owner's berth for bedding
- Freeboard lined with white vinyl covered panels
- To port: U-shaped 6 seater sofa (240 cm x 132 cm) surrounding dining table
- Two-seater settee bench in centre in veneer with a white kickback
- Main cabin table (133 cm x 81 cm) - mounted on two aluminium legs. GRP storage box below
- To starboard: Dedicated navigation table (71 cm x 95 cm) with storage and navigationale stationary and instruments and navigator's seat with storage space for additional navigational and emergency equipment.
- Long sofa with veneer front panels on sofa front
- Overhead lockers with bottom hinged openings running full length of saloon
- Electrical switch board located above chart table on overhead lockers.
- Additional space for electronic instruments, plotter and communication equipment. 230V AC distribution panel below chart table
- Pleated curtains for hull windows in main cabin hidden behind hull side soft panneling - 4 pcs
- Freeboard lined with white vinyl covered panels
Standard aft Cabins
- Large double berths (205 cm x 158 cm, max width) Marine plywood mattress support with ventilation holes. Mattresses 120 mm comfort foam
- Large white double composite wardrobe (90 cm wide) with shelves and hangers in both aft cabins
- Port cabin: Additional wardrobe and stool seat
- Freeboard shelves above berth fitted in each aft cabin
- Freeboard lined with vinyl
Head & Shower Compartments (Standard with starboard aft cabin and owner's cabin)
- Bulkheads covered with white laminate
- Tabletops and integrated sinks in a white composite moulding
- Single lever mixer tap for shower. Head bracket to hold shower hose/shower head
- Shower mixers with shower heads mounted on adjustable shower holders
- Electrical shower sump pump with sensor for automatic operation
- Unvarnished teak panels recess into shower and toilet floors
- Towel rails and grab handles running around table tops in stainless steel
- Towel hooks and toilet roll holders
- Mirrors above sinks
- Main engine - Yanmar 110 HP (4JH4) turbo charged, shaft drive made of high tensile corrosion resistant stainless steel. Freshwater cooled diesel engine mounted on rubber suspension on heavy GRP built engine bed.
- Extra 24V Alternator fitted on main engine for charging service battery bank
- Special engine compartment with sound insulation ensures low noise level in yacht
- Engine easily accessible for service at the forward end, through companionway steps; and side via the aft cabins
- 3-bladed Flex-O-Fold Propeller mounted on shaft
- Engine control panel and throttle/gear lever placed in starboard cockpit coaming. Engine control panel incorporates rpm meter, hour counter, acoustic alarm for oil pressure and cooling water temperature
- Fuel tank 400 ltr. in aluminium mounted below floor board in saloon. Shut off valves on all supply and return lines, level gauge with analogue meter in panel.
- Fuel filter/water separator fitted in engine room for main engine supply line.
- Stainless steel deck fill and ventilation via pushpit
- Alarm and warning light activated in cockpit when consumption tank needs refilling
- Galley, white high gloss composite moulding, U-shaped (295 cm x 180 cm).
- Extra Large table top made in black Corian
- Black corian counter top island - situated inboard side 85 x 32 cm
- Sink, rectangular recessed stainless steel with single lever mixing tap (2 pcs) with 2 cuttingboards made of Delrin material
- Cool box, GRP top opened 140 litres with 100 mm insulation, built in Isotherm
- SP accumulator plate cooled by water cooled Danfoss compressor with seacock and zink anode
- Gas stove, ENO, with 3 jets and oven is gimballed (1 pcs)
- Additional storage incl. space for optional washing machine
- Shelves, drawers and lockers with plexi glass sliding doors provide storage space for cutlery and food
- Microwave oven with stainless steel front fitted in galley
- White laminate finished lockers provide storage space for crockery and food
- 10 mm hardened glass splash board
- Waste bin mounted under sinks
- 24V DC system throughout yacht
- X-Yachts main switch board with 33 automatic fuses and 3 analogue VDO meters for fuel, water and battery voltage, separate 1 x 230V socket and 1 x 12V socket mounted at nav station
- All cabling terminates in “dry” GRP box fitted behind main electrical panel for added safety
- 12V DC system for main engine installation
- Service battery: Maintenance free AGM service battery bank 24 V@360 Ah
- Engine battery: Engine spiral-cell battery (55 Ah, 12 V) mounted near main engine for starting of engine and optional generator only. Engine battery is charged by either main engine or generator
- Shore power installation with shore power inlet mounted in cockpit protected by 10A main fuse. 230V AC distribution box located at nav. station with integrated ground fault circuit breaker/10A fuse, 1 x 230V AC socket and switches for hot water immersion heater and battery charger
- Three stage battery charger 24V/50A, incl. Battery monitor mounted
12V halogen courtesy lights fitted for general purpose below deck throughout cabins
- 4 x LED flex arm reading lights fitted in main cabin and at chart table
- General lights and dome spotlights integrated in inner liner
- Light in engine room and optional generator compartment
- Reading lights throughout aft cabin, main cabin and owner's cabin (No: 8)
Mast and Rigging
- Fractional tripple spreader keel stepped mast, tapered silver anodized aluminium, specially designed for Xp 55
- Steaming light LED, Windex with light, tube for additional electrical equipment and 2 mast steps fitted
- Silver anodized boom with 2 reef lines and internal boom outhaul, telescopic vang and outer purchase block system
- Standard Backstay: Split backstay with turnbuckle in one side, and a hydraulic integral backstay adjuster on the other side
- Stainless steel chain plates securely bolted through the hull freeboard and neatly covered with a GRP plate (2 pcs)
- Discontinuous stainless steel rod rigging with rod turnbuckles
- Rod forestay with Profurl furling drum under deck, furling line run below deck surface to one of the cockpit winches
- Chain plates in stainless steel for forestay and split backstay (3 pcs)
Running Rigging (Spectra sheets and polyester control and reefing lines:)
- Spectra halyards led back to cockpit for easy handling:
- Main halyard 14 mm
- Genoa halyard 14 mm
- Mast head spinnaker halyard 14 mm
- Spectra sheets and polyester control and reefing lines:
- Furling control line 8 mm
- Outhaul 8 mm
- Vang control line 8 mm
- Reef 1 10 mm
- Reef 2 10 mm
- Cunningham at mast with block and cleat system - 8 mm
- Mainsheet 12 mm
- Genoa Sheet 14 mm - 2 pcs
- 1 x Flag pole, teak with bronze bushing
- 1 x 25 m shore power cable
- 1 x 3 kg gas bottle
- 5 x Fire extinguishers, dry powder of 2 kg each, fitted throughout the yacht and
- 1 x fire blanket
- 1 x Rope ladder for emergency boarding of yacht
- 4 x Fenders, white air-filled with lanyards and X-Yachts logo
- 2 x Mooring ropes, polyester 20 m x 16 mm
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.