Presented For Sale By:
|Location||Connecticut, United States|
|Length at Water Line||11.91 m|
|Max Draft||2.64 m|
|Min. Draft||2.31 m|
|Dry Weight||19070 lb|
|Headsail Area||509 ft²|
|Mainsail Area||642 ft²|
|Drive Type||Sail Drive|
|Fuel Tanks||53 gal (Aluminum)|
|Fresh Water Tanks||93 gal (Plastic)|
The Xp 44 combines impressive performance with simplicity of handling, appealing to all the family. This model was the first of the Xperformance line to be launched, and was named Sailing World’s ‘Yacht of the Year’ in 2014. A highly optimized hull shape offers exemplary performance in a range of wind conditions, on all angles of sail, under both ORC and IRC handicap systems. Key elements of the hull design include reduced upright beam and wetted surface area, while the transom shape ensures that as wind speed builds and the boat powers up, the overall waterline length increases for additional speed.
Additional performance is gained through the Xp 44’s exceptional stiffness and high stability, achieved by a high ballast ratio with additional weight in the keel bulb keel, and lightweight structures thanks to epoxy infusion build processes.
The Xp 44 introduced the innovative Xperformance bowsprit, with options including a carbon bowsprit to set asymmetrics, a GRP cowling, and optional anchor attachments for hassle-free cruising. The Xp 44 is supplied with an aluminium rig as standard with carbon mast and boom as an option, both developed in conjunction with leading sail makers to create an efficient, easily adjustable sail plan. The Xp 44 also carries multiple halyard options to allow owners to optimize their boat for racing or cruising, inshore or offshore. Standard deck features include a below decks furling drum, low friction racing blocks, and large self-tailing winches (powered winches optional).
The Xp 44 also introduced the Xp range’s adaptable new sliding navigation station, supplied as standard, which allows for additional seating or a forward-facing chart table. It is also offered with a fixed chart table option and wooden galley.
The three-cabin layout includes symmetrical double aft cabins, a forward cabin with en suite heads, L-shaped galley (now available in a new wooden finish option as shown above), additional heads accessible from the saloon, and spacious seating area around a removable saloon table. Flush-mounted hatches and stylish LED lighting creates a light and welcoming space, day or night.
Manufacturer Provided Description
The Xp 44 combines impressive performance with simplicity of handling, appealing to all the family. This model was the first of the Xperformance line to be launched, and was named Sailing World’s ‘Yacht of the Year’ in 2014. A highly optimised hull shape offers exemplary performance in a range of wind conditions, on all angles of sail, under both ORC and IRC handicap systems. Key elements of the hull design include reduced upright beam and wetted surface area, while the transom shape ensures that as windspeed builds and the boat powers up, the overall waterline length increases for additional speed. Additional performance is gained through the Xp 44’s exceptional stiffness and high stability, achieved by a high ballast ratio with additional weight in the keel bulb keel, and lightweight structures thanks to epoxy infusion build processes.
The Xp 44 introduced the innovative Xperformance bowsprit, with options including a carbon bowsprit to set asymmetrics, a GRP cowling, and optional anchor attachments for hassle-free cruising. The Xp 44 is supplied with an aluminium rig as standard with carbon mast and boom as an option, both developed in conjunction with leading sailmakers to create an efficient, easily adjustable sail plan. The Xp 44 also carries multiple halyard options to allow owners to optimise their boat for racing or cruising, inshore or offshore. Standard deck features include a below decks furling drum, low friction racing blocks, and large self-tailing winches (powered winches optional).
- Built in sandwich construction with structural foam core
- Bi-directional and uni directional E-glass strategically positioned for strength and weight optimization
- Solid laminate in high stress areas in way of keel top, sail drive and rudder tube
- Outer surface of hull in white sprayed Gelcoat (RAL 9010 white) with 3 waterlines in dark blue Gelcoat (RAL 5011 dark blue)
- Hull epoxy infused in female moulds for optimum consolidation and high quality surface finish
- Structural bulkheads in marine plywood varying in thickness from 16-20 mm bonded to hull
- Structural liner moulding laminated into hull. Carbon fiber reinforcements to absorb all loads from keel and mast.
- Single point hoist for easy and safe lifting and launching of the yacht
- Bathing ladder in stainless steel mounted on transom
- Hull recessed portlights - Rectangular (6 pcs)
- Built in sandwich construction with structural foam
- E-glass with bi and uni-directional cloth strategically positioned for strength
- Outer surface of deck in white sprayed Gelcoat (RAL 9010 white)
- Deck and locker lids moulded in female moulds for highest quality surface finish
- Teak, vacuum applied, 9 mm nominal thickness on cockpit sole and seats
- Variable height bulwark incorporated in deck/hull design providing safe toe rail forward and comfortable hiking aft
- Anchor locker - drained area with windlass and space for anchor chain. Dry compartment for general storage
- Gas locker compartment, for 2 x 3 kg gas bottle, located in port cockpit coaming, drained to the sea (1 x 3kg is delivered with the yacht)
- Liferaft can be stored in stb aft cockpit locker - max size 800 x 545 x 325.
- Second liferaft can be stored in port aft locker (max size 730 x 500 x 350).
- Gas spring fitted to forward and both aft cockpit lockers (4 pcs)
- Halyard locker recessed into cockpit floor
- Cockpit floor locker, hinged lid, for optional cockpit table
- Xp 44 - Three cabin layout with heads situated in owners cabin and STB aft
- The interior will consist a combination of composite and wooden units.
- Utilising First class craftmanship and lamination techniques
- Pre-selected, top grade T-teak veneer throughout yacht, hand polished and varnished to satin finish
- T-teak veneered bulkheads
- White laminate bulkheads used inside bathrooms, on aft bulkhead and centre bulkhead in aft cabins
- GRP deck head liner with integrated light fittings. Pleated blinds hidden behind soft panneling on coachroof side
- GRP hull liner including heads floor and shower tray
- Floorboards of 16 mm marine plywood with imitated teak and Gaboon plywood inlay stripes and inspection hatches to access bilge.
- Companionway (Grp moulding) with steps of curved unvarnished teak
- Handrails by entrance and alongside coach roof portlights in main cabin
- Oceanair blinds incl flyscreen fitted to skylights (6 pcs)
- Large double berth. Marine plywood mattress supports. Mattresses in 120 mm comfort foam. Max size 205 x 190 cm
- Seat with backrest cushion to starboard
- Large double composite wardrobe (85 cm wide) with shelves and hangers on starboard
- Composite night table with lower storage on port side
- Freeboard shelves above berth
- Storage space under owners berth for bedding
- Freeboard lined with vinyl covered 7 mm panels
- To port: L-shaped 4 seater sofa (210 cm x 118 cm x 68 cm) surrounding dining table
- Two-seater settee bench in centre
- To starboard: Standard sliding navigation table (75 cm x 65 cm) with storage for navigational stationary and instruments.
- The "sliding system" enables the navigator to face forward whilst sailing [sofa length with seat in aft position = 137 cm, sofa length with seat in forward position = 182 cm].
- All sofa fronts in white GRP
- To starboard - Optional 3 cabin version with fixed aft facing nav station: Sofa length of 185 cm, and drawers underneath chart table.
- All sofa front covered with T-teak veneer.
- Deep shelves behind the back rest including a set stainless steel book holders
- Deep overhead lockers with bottom hinged openings running full length of saloon
- Electrical switch board located above chart table on upper lockers
- Freeboard lined with vinyl covered 7 mm panels
- Large double berth (205 cm x 145 cm, max width) Marine plywood mattress support with ventilation holes.
- Mattresses 120 mm comfort foam
- Large double composite wardrobe (85 cm wide) with shelves and hangers
- Freeboard lined with vinyl
Head & Shower Compartment
- Upper cabinet fronts in heads with T-teak veneer surface
- Bulkheads covered with white laminate
- Tabletop and sink in a white composite moulding
- Mixer taps, single lever luxury for sink and shower
- Electrical pump for shower floor sump, manually operated switch
- Towel rail and grab handle running around table top in stainless steel
- Towel hooks and loo roll holders
- Mirrors above sinks
- Galley, High gloss white Composite moulding L-shaped (157 cm x 180 cm)
- Drawer unit with 4 drawers - top 3 drawers for cutlery and bottom drawer dedicated for tools
- Sinks, rectangular recessed stainless steel with single lever mixing tap (2 pcs) including 2 cutting boards
- Cool box, GRP top opened 130 l with 100 mm insulation, built in Isotherm SP, accumulator plate sea water cooled Danfoss compressor
- Gimballed Gas cooker - 3 burner Eno cooker with oven
- White surface lower lockers provide storage space for crockery and food
- T-teak veneer surface upper lockers for plates and food
- 10mm hardened Glass splash board
- Waste bin mounted under sinks
- Main engine 39 HP Yanmar, water cooled diesel engine with S-Drive
- Special engine compartment with sound insulation ensures low noise level in yacht
- Engine easily accessible for service at the forward end, through companionway steps; and from the aft end via removable GRP boxes
- Folding propeller, 2-bladed bronze for S-drive
- Engine control panel and throttle/gear lever placed in starboard cockpit coaming.
- Engine control panel incorporates rpm meter, hour counter, acoustic alarm for oil pressure and cooling water temperature
- Tank in aluminium for fuel below sofa in saloon. VDO analogue level gauge, filter with water separator and shut-off valve and deck fill (200 litre)
- 12 V DC system throughout yacht
- X-Yachts main switch board with 27 automatic fuses and 3 analogue VDO meters for fuel, water and battery voltage
- 12 V DC system for main engine installation
- All cabling terminates in “dry” GRP box fitted behind main electrical panel for added safety
- AGM batteries (total 220 Ah@12V) securely mounted in wardrobe in forward cabin (2 pcs x 110A)
- Separate engine spiral-cell battery (55 Ah, 12V) mounted near main engine for starting of engine and optional generator only. Engine battery is charged by either main engine or generator
- Shore power installation with shore power inlet mounted in cockpit protected by 10A main fuse. 230V AC distribution box located in starboard aft cabin with integrated ground fault circuit breaker/10A fuse, 230V
- AC socket and switches for hot water immersion heater and battery charger
230 V and 12 V socket mounted at main switch board
- Charger 12V/50A, mounted
- 12V halogen lights fitted for general purpose below deck throughout cabins
- Chart table light fitted
- General lights and dome spotlights integrated in inner liner
- Reading lights throughout aft cabin, main cabin and owners cabin (8 pcs)
Mast and Rigging
- Fractional double spreader keel stepped mast, tapered silver anodized aluminium, specially designed for Xp 44
- Steaming light, Windex with light, tube for additional electrical equipment and 2 mast steps fitted
- Silver anodized boom with single line reefing and internal boom outhaul, telescopic vang and outer purchase block system
- Central backstay fitted with integral backstay adjuster
- Chain plates in stainless steel fitted to bullwalk/on top of hull (2 pcs)
- Discontinuous rod rigging with rod turnbuckles
- Rod forestay with Profurl furling drum under deck
- Chain plates in stainless steel for forestay and centre backstay (2 pcs)
- Spectra halyards led back to cockpit for easy handling:
- Main halyard 12 mm
- Mast head spinnaker halyard 12 mm
- Genoa halyard 12 mm
- Spectra sheets and polyester control and reefing lines:
- Furling control line 8 mm
- Cunningham 6mm
- Outhaul 8 mm
- Vang control line 8 mm
- Reef 1 10 mm
- Reef 2 10 mm
- Mainsheet 10 mm
- Genoa Sheet 10 mm
- 1 x Flag pole, teak with bronze bushing
- 1 x 25 m shore power cable
- 1 x 3 kg gas bottle
- 4 x Fire extinguishers, dry powder of 2 kg each, fitted throughout the yacht and one fire blanket
- 4 x Fenders, white air-filled with lanyards and X-Yachts logo
- 2 x Mooring ropes, polyester 20 m x 14 mm
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.